ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
What deals have people been getting, Think I'm gonna go after a 32gb Grey 5s... 4G isn't required where I live :(

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I went for a 5C from my 4s as it was on its last legs. O2 refresh, £32 a month 600 mins, unlimited texts and 750mb data. Upfront cost of £29.99 but I went through quidco and got £70 cashback.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I think for most people 750mb would definitely not be enough data.

I used that in less than a day when I first got my 5S downloading new apps. Yes I could have done that by wifi but having to wait till you're at home/coffee shop to download anything FTL.

What deals have people been getting, Think I'm gonna go after a 32gb Grey 5s... 4G isn't required where I live :(

Have a look at Tmobiles full Monty deal for 27 per month if you're not interested in 4G. Works out best over 2 years although you do have to pay 330 upfront.

Only major downside is you can't tether. But for the saving you can just get a giffgaff sim and a mifi if you want to use a laptop online.

What are the odds on Apple updating iPad Air with Touch ID in about a week, when they have overcome the sensor production problems?

But it's widely rumoured that the reason they chose not to include it, is because of production problems with the touch sensors. Presuming that these problems are overcome, there will no such restriction...and I don't think they will have any moral hang ups in updating it mid-cycle.

I'm not saying anyone should care. Just something to consider. Look what happened with iPad 3.

EDIT: In fact, how surprised would anyone be if an iPad Pro suddenly appears?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hmmmm it's annoying that I could buy all these tax free, but don't know how I could logistically get them to people.

DB.

BMW 440i
My mom is buying my dad an iPad air this year for Christmas but think she may hold on to see of there is an extra saving on Black Friday. Thoughts? My dad would rather save an extra £40 or something than have it to open on Christmas Day lol! He will be getting 64gb with wifi and 3G

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
So who's buying the Air tomorrow then? I'm still unsure, I was going to wait for the Mini Retina but I think it'll be a bit small for me. I find the 4th Gen Ipad heavy so seems logically to get the Air. Might just wander into PC World tomorrow lunchtime and have a feel, no doubt I'll walk out having bought one!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How much is a White 5C (new never switched on/in box) worth?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm in a bit of a pickle, I currently own:

iPad original (retro innit)
iPhone 5
Mbp 13" 2010

Now, I could do one of three things, spend 300 upgrading my phone, spend 300 + iPad sale on a new iPad, or put 390 towards a new MBP (adding the sale of mine, and some more money next month).

What would y'all do?

Fabia VRS Special Ed
So who's buying the Air tomorrow then? I'm still unsure, I was going to wait for the Mini Retina but I think it'll be a bit small for me. I find the 4th Gen Ipad heavy so seems logically to get the Air. Might just wander into PC World tomorrow lunchtime and have a feel, no doubt I'll walk out having bought one!

I was going to do the same, but I've just spent £1400 on a kart engine so that's out the question now haha.

Need to get one for the business though soon.

I'm in a bit of a pickle, I currently own:

iPad original (retro innit)
iPhone 5
Mbp 13" 2010

Now, I could do one of three things, spend 300 upgrading my phone, spend 300 + iPad sale on a new iPad, or put 390 towards a new MBP (adding the sale of mine, and some more money next month).

What would y'all do?

You've got a 5 and won't use the 4G.

You've got an iPad that, yes, might be slow and heavy, but what do you honestly use it for that needs anything more?

Ergo, MBP.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member

Space Grey 32gb for me! Time to update my 2.

I'm just hoping there's going to be enough stock for me to walk in and pick one up tomorrow.

Has anyone looked at the price of the smart case for the Air? £65. Jesus!

Bit of a bent question, but I've never before bought an Apple product from a store, let alone on launch day.

Obviously no one can answer the question categorically, but based on past experiences: if I were to walk into an Apple store tomorrow, would it be likely that they will have iPad Air in stock, or will there be muppets camping outside all night, and everything will be sold out within ten minutes of the front doors opening?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think something like that, yes. Same with macbooks etc. Phones are different.

Bit of a bent question, but I've never before bought an Apple product from a store, let alone on launch day.

Obviously no one can answer the question categorically, but based on past experiences: if I were to walk into an Apple store tomorrow, would it be likely that they will have iPad Air in stock, or will there be muppets camping outside all night, and everything will be sold out within ten minutes of the front doors opening?

Id be interested in peoples thoughts on this too. Were the previous iPads sold out at their respective launches?

Ph2 172
Probably going to buy an air, first iPad! Never really felt the need before, but just kind of fancy one now. Not planning on putting any music on it, so is the general view that 16gb will be ok?? Already have a 32gb 5S, hence all music will stay on that. Not really sure what else I'd need to store on iPad.

Probably going to buy an air, first iPad! Never really felt the need before, but just kind of fancy one now. Not planning on putting any music on it, so is the general view that 16gb will be ok?? Already have a 32gb 5S, hence all music will stay on that. Not really sure what else I'd need to store on iPad.

Mainly Apps (and images/videos you've taken if you've got a lot).

If you're not expecting to download everything you see, 16gb will be fine.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe how good the battery is on the 5C compared to my 4S. I'd be lucky to get 4 hours usage out of that just before I recycled it.
ena4a9et.jpg

Can't believe how good the battery is on the 5C compared to my 4S. I'd be lucky to get 4 hours usage out of that just before I recycled it.

Tell me about it...
image_zpsce5ffaa6.jpg

Oh wait, that is a 4s ;)
The battery isn't better, the other one was just old...

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Just ordered my Air, sod queuing, will be here Tuesday.

64GB Space Grey, going to order the 'Smart' case separately.

Indeed Gareth. Screw queuing up like a doughnut. Ordered pretty much as soon as the store reopened.

Likewise, delivery expected on the 5th.