ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters
32GB 5S is way too pricey :dapprove: I've got the 32GB 3GS and I'm currently using 11GB on it.

I hate cases too - what are the 5's like without a case? Scratch/damage easy?

CLS320 with a D6
I find they are alright as long as you look after them. Keep mine in a pocket with nothing else in it and has always been mint

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Thought it was released for general download on the 18th they said?

It is, officially to the public but the GM (Golden Master) has been released and can be installed without the phone being registered. It's effectively the same version as what will be released next week.

I find they are alright as long as you look after them. Keep mine in a pocket with nothing else in it and has always been mint
I always drop mine, I think I'm going to have a bad time... :dapprove:

Mine goes in my wallet pocket with nothing else. I have an expensive wallet too though so look after that pocket more than my keys/change one.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It is, officially to the public but the GM (Golden Master) has been released and can be installed without the phone being registered. It's effectively the same version as what will be released next week.

How do you get that?

CLS320 with a D6
I always drop mine, I think I'm going to have a bad time... :dapprove:

Mine goes in my wallet pocket with nothing else. I have an expensive wallet too though so look after that pocket more than my keys/change one.

Not a back pocket I hope? I have a strict OCD of what goes in what pocket. iPhone and paper moneys in front right, cards in front left, change in back right and broken promises in back left. Don't have a case myself and has always worked for me

Not a back pocket I hope? I have a strict OCD of what goes in what pocket. iPhone and paper moneys in front right, cards in front left, change in back right and broken promises in back left. Don't have a case myself and has always worked for me
I don't do back pockets. Phone and wallet left, keys and change right.

Kudos to you for making the most of your trousers!

Remember that ancient time, when you watched an Apple Special Event like a geeky saddo and was left blown away with everything you saw?
And you had no real idea what was actually going to be revealed as nothing had managed to be leaked?

I do.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I love the videos, the way they speak on them is brilliant, the use of all these big words strung together.

I love apple products

DB.

BMW 440i
I don't do back pockets. Phone and wallet left, keys and change right.

Kudos to you for making the most of your trousers!

Left or Right Handed?

I have Phone in the right pocket, Keys in the left and Wallet in the back.

Phone has to be in the right, as I'm right handed so take it out and use that hand to use it.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Left or Right Handed?

Phone has to be in the right, as I'm right handed so take it out and use that hand to use it.

Wallet in back right too? Change in front left? Same as me if so!

Left or Right Handed?

Right. I can use both my hands to complete tasks though ;)

DB.

BMW 440i
Wallet in back right too? Change in front left? Same as me if so!

Wallet in back left, change in the wallet.

Moving to a card only wallet soon though so will be change in the front left.

Jesus, behave! Texting with left hand only is slooow

Remove phone/wallet with left hand, swap it to right hand to use. Simples!

Anyway, I originally wanted a 5C because of the plastic case. However seeing as it's just a s**t iPhone 5, I'm feeling the 5s now.

Gold or black? I'd only be getting the gold as it's new, I think I prefer black really.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Black for me. I can't help but think the gold will look a bit s**t after a while. Bit girly too?

Not that sold on it tbh.

O2 do offer an early upgrade for 5 users (read this), but I think I'd rather stay on the numbered revision cycle, as opposed to getting the 'S' every two years.

Now I've seen the video, I'm much more impressed with the event overall.

I quite fancy a grey S, but I'll almost certainly skip it, as I'm doubtless gonna get the new iPad, especially if it also has fingerprint ID.

An orange one
I'm thinking the same, will cost me £288 to end my contract early plus new 64gb on contract I'd guess will be £300ish..

Or £709 outright -say £200 for my 32gb 5 but ill still be on contract for a year.

Rather buy coilovers for the Vee I think

I roll OEM, so contracts and upgrades don't apply. Just don't fancy blowing £1500 on two iOS devices in the space of a few weeks.

Upgraded the iOS 7 last night. Pretty slick.

I'll have to read up on it to get the most out of it, I'm sure I remember there being lots of handy little things that I'm not using.

Gold looks cool but I wouldn't own one. Way too glitzy.

The grey looks awesome now that it's far less likely to show marks around the edge, as it's a lighter colour. The bezel is now also raw machined so won't show chips. Clearly they learnt from the wear issues with the previous black iPhone 5.

Rav4
Gold looks cool but I wouldn't own one. Way too glitzy.

The grey looks awesome now that it's far less likely to show marks around the edge, as it's a lighter colour. The bezel is now also raw machined so won't show chips. Clearly they learnt from the wear issues with the previous black iPhone 5.

Thanks for this bit of info, was just about to go and search if they had changed the case durability, it's one of the main concerns regarding the chipping. So many people's black iPhone 5 looks awful due to this.

Rav4
Not great.

iPhone 4 performance shocking.

Additionally, you cannot sync from a backup on windows iTunes, as you need 11.1 which is only available on the mac.

So if you backup your phone, upgrade to iOS7 and then want to sync all your stuff, no chance until the release is available.

Going back to iOS6

CLS320 with a D6
I'd personally not have a black 5 series again, I found the edges of the chassis wear through the anodisation and go silver.

Just spoke to network to wangle a box of 5S's and waiting to hear back