ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm about to order a 5s, either with o2 or anyone who is cheaper. Would people recommend I get it on a 4G contract? Bearing in mind I use the internet for facebook, sky sports and sky news, and the odd check on the web. Cheers.

Ford Kuga Phev
I got mine from the Apple Store in West Quay, Southampton this morning, I went for a 64GB Gold 5s, It's a lovely device and the Fingerprint id pass-lock thing is brilliant.
Me and my Dad got there at about 3:45 and there were 20 people ahead of us, got out of the store at around 8:30.
The Apple staff were handing out tickets for what device you wanted from about 6:15 and about 7am the Apple staff were turning people away as they had no further stock, they only had 4 16GB Gold ones!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
How quick/slow is the fingerprint reader for unlocking the phone?

Near enough instant. The only gripe I have is that it requires a pass code after you switch it off and on (only for the first unlock)

rob, go on ees site to check the 4g range. Iirc it's all over Wigan. But 4g with a £150 handset payment worked out cheaper for me

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Got my 5C earlier. Love it. Feels so good. Definitely the best looking most comfortable to hold iPhone yet.

An orange one
Got my 5C earlier. Love it. Feels so good. Definitely the best looking most comfortable to hold iPhone yet.

Id have to agree im hugely impressed with the wife's 5C! It's a great looking, high quality device, you would hardly know it's plastic... It's solid!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
He is right though Tom. As much as you love and bum Apple he is spot on.

He isn't entirely and i cant be bothered to type war and peace to explain why, but it circles around what i'm about to say and how many devices run stock android (that are available in the UK) and how even that is far from perfect.

Watch the most recent of keynotes and read some of the latest interviews with Ive/Cook/Federighi, (yes cook is boring but hes a numbers guy, accountants are usually dull) and i think the transition out of the jobs era is in full swing.

As for the expense, Apple is a premium product and experience and because of this its products have never been and will never be cheap. Who else makes a device that is as well built as an iPhone?

I don't really see the outrage with the price anyway as phones have always cost shitloads*

*Nexus devices are priced at near cost almost all of the time

IMO the HTC one is built as good as the iphone. The trouble being, it needs a separate garage to keep it in.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Think I'll be buying one outright and going for a sim only contract in a few months when stock has become more readily available and the hypes died down.

What's wrong with my 4S though? Nothing.......
Do I bother changing to a 5S?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Pages, keynote etc is pointless on my phone, so I downloaded them all free to the 5s (I think anything else has to pay for them) then went into purchases on the App Store on the ipad, and redownload them for free.

Just for anyone wanting them... iMovie is free on it too

has anyone been able to buy anything on the App Store with their fingerprint yet? I can't seem to get it to work

An orange one
Good to hear. It's polycarbonate isn't it, so should hopefully be pretty tough compared with regular 'plastic'

Yeah, might have a look in apple store and see what the yellow one is like, just looks so funky, my black 5 looks boring in comparison, aluminium schmaluminium IMO

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Done it.

iPhone 5S 32Gb Space Grey 8Gb internet... £400 upfront followed by £66 a month. 12 month contract.

That actually hurt.

Been f**king referred again this happened last time I upgraded, n00b's!

DB.

BMW 440i
Done it.

iPhone 5S 32Gb Space Grey 8Gb internet... £400 upfront followed by £66 a month. 12 month contract.

That actually hurt.

terrible deal

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You must be smoking some serious s**t. f**k. That.

If you're Voda, I wouldn't even look at 4G yet, coverage will be TERRIBLE for at least 12 months, and I can tell you that with over 100% certainty. I'm building the network ffs.

Golf R/Leon FR
f**k paying £66 a month for a phone! I got the 16gb space grey for £65 upfront (old iPhone to mazuma paid the other £90 towards it) and £32 a month for 24 months. Works out at £840 ish.

fiesta 1.25
Done it.

That actually hurt.

Are you joking?

Why didn't you just buy the phone for £629 and get a £25 max sim?

An orange one
FLOL, did the guy in the shop tell you the deal before or during the part where he bent you over the desk and shafted you???

Id be returning that ASAP and getting a better deal, you have 14 days iirc??

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Got two texts last night. One at 1am and 1 at 4 to say my 5s has been dispatched and will be here on Monday.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
FLOL, did the guy in the shop tell you the deal before or during the part where he bent you over the desk and shafted you???

Yup return it ASAP!!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I'm getting a 32GB White 5s on a 12 month contract.

CONTRACT
£239 Upfront
12 X £52 a month = £624
Total spend on contract = £863

OUTRIGHT
£629 Phone outright
Sim only deal at £21 a month for 12 months. £252
Total spend outright = £881

Not only is it actually cheaper to buy on contract but its technically interest free credit plus I can get a new phone every year.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Vodafone mate. We must go flying soon. I promise before christmas. lol

ScreenShot2013-09-21at095924_zps75aa1edf.gif

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting euge, who with???

My sim only is under 16 a month though, so still wins.

All depends on your usage of course, and mine is quite high some months.

Also depends on whether you can afford £629 up front too.

Ordered mine and the Wife's yesterday.

Her's arrived 20mins ago, mine hasn't. Just been told Oct 4th.

I was blatantly lied to

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

12 month contract.

On a 24 month contract it was £50 phone and £46 a month, a much better deal of course.

But I've never had a 24 month contract and I don't intend to start now! I've usually gone 18 months but it seems every company in the UK has now stopped those for some reason :(

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Oh and one other thing I should point out that the £66 a month also includes my home broadband costs!

182 Cup
Got to hope theres some in on wednesday when my upgrade is due. If I wanted to upgrade yesterday it would have been an extra £41. For 5 days early.

Going for the slate grey 16gb on EE with 10gb data and unlimited calls and texts £46 a month and £50 up front for the phone.

AK

M240i
I don't spend much time out of big cities, so it's of no real issue to me if Timbuktu has an ample 3G signal.

Different strokes I guess.