ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Official Clio Maxim Thread (56k)

Vee dub

Phil, car looking sweet!

I reckon 40 mil is perfect for mine!

Final Maxim 60 looks good!

Pete - looking 4ward to seeing the beast next week

Trophy #473

Darth

wouldnt mind looking round your car too, youve got the same seats as me, pattern etc. I bought another RSi interior of a guy on here lunner, im gonna have a go at retrimming them, not sure what colour leather, was thinking black and cream, or white and orange, any sugestions.

car does look good on the turbines, tho i did like the teens.

havnt seen that green clio on here before, very clean phill 99.

A silver Honda

Sweet, have you seen the *cough* Max Power/Haynes Clio?

They used RSI seats and retrimmed them in cream and black to match the dashboard.

Its looked great TBH.

Orange and cream would clash IMO.

Orange and black maybe?

cant belive the official clio maxim thread aint even mentioned me yet! ha ello ppl im back! for 3 nights only ha!!!!!

looking good ppl ph3 power! cummon th s

al.

none

getting some new shocks for me ph3 just need to know what size gap it is from nut to nut is it 52mm or 54mm please help

A silver Honda

Take a wheel off and measure it yourself mate.

Its the only way to be sure random whether you have 52mm or 54mm.

Some have 58mm hub hole spacing too.

6/468 17poo

yeah the gap distance on my phase 3 sport model is definitly 58mm as Darth Oli has sed so get checking!plus if you want uprated shocks either koni or KYB suspension are the only companies which offer upgrades (with 58mm gaps)!

Ryan

A silver Honda

Mine has a Sport badge on only one side (now removed) and S Badge on the bumpstrips.

No maxim badges/stickers.

none

just been to order me new shocks and just found out that parts of the chassis belongs to the mk2 so turned out a bit dear £236 front & rear shocks £ 265 full kit

A silver Honda

Quote: Originally posted by clioetch on 04 March 2005
just been to order me new shocks and just found out that parts of the chassis belongs to the mk2 so turned out a bit dear £236 front & rear shocks £ 265 full kit

Mate, are you sure about it being a Mk2 chassis?

Does that mean you could fit coilovers for Mk2 non-172/182 on a phase 3?

What the hub hole spacing on a Mk2?

im 16, 17 in july and currently have a 1.4S Maxim Naples Red clio. will post pictures up later as dont have ne handy at the moment. Really dont know at the moment whether to keep it and modify it or sell it and buy a new clio or sumthing. any1 else have ne pics of modified naple red maxims that they could post up??

none

not to sure on it my self i spoke to a mate in halfords about me shocks whent through the books to find some shocks for me mk1 ph3 but no look so we had a look at mk2 and we had a match .

6/468 17poo

i spoke to someone at spax when i was at work about a month ago and he sed although mk2s have the same distance, dont get confused and order these ones as it will not fit!thats what he told me so not sure to believe him or not!

the sport models were the latest mk1s out i think so they may have the same parts as a mk2!

Check this out people!

http://www.koni.com/_cars/_sport/afram.htmlhttp://www.koni.com/_cars/_sport/afram.html

look at the top, select Renault then new screen pops up and look at first suspension part phase 3!

Ryan

[Edited by beatjunkie on 05 March 2005 at 12:20pm]

alright folks aint been on in ages so thought i would re open the officail maxim forum ha!!!

how are u all please update me on ur motors lads& lassies!!!

al.

[Edited by meddy-clio on 25 March 2005 at 2:29pm]

Punto/Clio GTT

still gotta paint it lol, only recently got round to repair it. was damaged from when it was a write off, nothin major but wasnt on the to-do list at the time :p

6/468 17poo

Next month ill be buying koni shocks all round and up rated brakes (black diamond) i think as long as money is all good!might get -55mm lowering springs as its allready 2 clicks on the rear spine not too sure what it will look like though!!

Ryan

A silver Honda

^^Nice one, it will look sweet mate.

Ive just fitted some RSI sideskirts on to mine.

Ill get some pics up tomorrow.

coolio m8y u got them painted then

ines is dropped 45 on the front and 2 clicks on the rear and handles ace m8y so with a lower front u will be better i wanna go lower on my front and ight do soon! now come to mention it!!!

glad troo see ya all still moddin ya wee ph3s!

cant wait for mines back!

al.

6/468 17poo

yeah i wanna see those skirts fitted will look sweet!i dunno what springs to get ive already got pis 35mm ones but maybe apex 55mm i reckon what do you people think?but apex say u need shortened shocks but konis arent shortened im in a muddle!

A silver Honda

Meddy - I think you should go lower:devilish:

Looking forward to seeing the flared arches when finished.

Beatjunkie - go for 55mm, the ride should be ok with the Koni shocks.

[Edited by Darth Oli on 3/25/2005 10:47:00 PM]

A silver Honda

Yeah but your paying for quality.

I dont get the notches thing TBH. I presumed you just take the bars out, lift the hub up to whatever amount in millmetres while the cars jacked up and put the bars back in?

I had my rear torsion lowered to match the front springs exactly (-55mm) but want to go lower all round now lol

maybe 70mm at the front on coilovers and 65mm at the rear:cool:

BTW, Did you find out about the ABS?

[Edited by Darth Oli on 3/25/2005 10:59:37 PM]

6/468 17poo

aaah fair enough when i had mine done it was either one click-25mm or i think next was -45mm not sure though but it looks loads lower on the back then the front!!so i wanna level it up!

cant wait for the konis, either adjustables or uprated cant decide yet!

lol yer im going lower plus my flared arches have been dropped to give a lower impression on the front!!!! so hoping it will ride and look wqell ace! with pleanty of room for no scrubbing! my spacers arrived today!!!! yeah!!!!!

any one going to scarbough cruz tomorrow??????

al

6/468 17poo

is that a 4 channel amp Oli?i think its the same as mine,cant rember the model but there is a liitle blue triangle what lights up and its got a fan in?

top amp in my opinion!

A silver Honda

No, only a Kenwood two channel amp:oops: it does have a fan though.

I cant remember the model number but it only powers the 15" JBL sub.

Its a fairly cheap setup TBH but its enough to satify me.

I badly need some decent fronts though.

Sony speakers = w**k

6/468 17poo

infintiy are usually pretty good in my opinion,well i got some 13s in the front and 6*9s on the shelf lasted ages as well and still going strong:)