ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Couple of hundred miles this week in the titanium, mainly for food or drink 😀 speedo stopped working yesterday on the way back from the seaside, hopefully new gearbox sensor will sort that out 👍

IMG_5137RT.jpg

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Couple of hundred miles this week in the titanium, mainly for food or drink 😀 speedo stopped working yesterday on the way back from the seaside, hopefully new gearbox sensor will sort that out 👍

Same thing happened to me, new sensor did the trick! Just make sure you push it in firmly as my new one liked to pop out slighlty on bumpy roads 😅

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Same thing happened to me, new sensor did the trick! Just make sure you push it in firmly as my new one liked to pop out slighlty on bumpy roads 😅
Hopefully will be the sensor, think the long drive to the coast and back finished it off 😂 will make sure I give it a good shove putting the new one in!

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Took the Clio on a 2700mile roadtrip from the North of England to the French Alps last week! Was a bit nervous before I went but the car didn't skip a beat, was faultless the entire time. Went over more mountain passes than I can count, through endless tunnels and around hairpin bends, all while ragging the life out of it. I even went up the highest paved road in Europe! Despite this, I still managed 40.2mpg 😅 Managed to keep up with much faster cars than mine, including a 275 Trophy. The old girl still has some life in her.

Anyways, here's some nice pictures.

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
@Clio172T Looking good, what kind of work does it need? I currently have a couple of Ph1's, don't think you are a million miles away from me, any questions or if I can help just shout (y)

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
Hello mate, she is burning oil at high revs so need to diagnose what that is exactly, rings, stem seals/guides or both!?
Then it’s mainly paintwork which I will get done at work.

going to put it on a ramp at work this weekend and check it over see what else I find! Where abouts you based?

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Hello mate, she is burning oil at high revs so need to diagnose what that is exactly, rings, stem seals/guides or both!?
Then it’s mainly paintwork which I will get done at work.

going to put it on a ramp at work this weekend and check it over see what else I find! Where abouts you based?
That’s good you have got a ramp you can get it on and you can have a good check over, not so good about the burning oil, at least once you know what it is you can fix and know it’s all good 👍🏻 I am over in Saffron Walden so not far away, are you in Bishop Stortford? Do you work at a bodyshop/garage?

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
That’s good you have got a ramp you can get it on and you can have a good check over, not so good about the burning oil, at least once you know what it is you can fix and know it’s all good 👍🏻 I am over in Saffron Walden so not far away, are you in Bishop Stortford? Do you work at a bodyshop/garage?
yeah i have family in Newport and Saffron Walden!, im at a massive manufacturer bodyshop in bishops stortford yeah. not on the tools anymore but they will sort the paintwork out for me once ive solved the engine issue!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
yeah i have family in Newport and Saffron Walden!, im at a massive manufacturer bodyshop in bishops stortford yeah. not on the tools anymore but they will sort the paintwork out for me once ive solved the engine issue!
Sounds good, look forward to seeing the progress (y) you going to stay standard or make some modifications?

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Made a start on the flamer today, aluminium bonnet in position (not bolted in yet) and added the cup spoiler off the titanium ph1 which meant the titanium got it's original spoiler back on. Also started stripping the interior and panels although that's not very photogenic, especially while it's in the dark garage

IMG_6022RT.jpg
IMG_6025RT.jpg
IMG_6028RT.jpg
IMG_6033RT.jpg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
There can't be many in NZ. A friend of mine out there has a Ph2 and a Twingo RS, but seems like Renault Sport cars are pretty rare there.

DLX

Clio2 Ph1 172
There can't be many in NZ. A friend of mine out there has a Ph2 and a Twingo RS, but seems like Renault Sport cars are pretty rare there.
Yes not many ph1 anymore unfortunatly! And for what I know there is only 2 twingos rs a silver and a blue one

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It was for sale a couple of months ago, unfortunatly the seller never let me go to inspect it, because I was keen on the twingo!

Yeah that's probably it, as my mate bought it a couple of months back. He must have got lucky if the seller wasn't being helpful for you. It looks pretty decent from the pictures I've seen:

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-28 at 13.45.41.jpeg