ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
This is Number 002 of the 172 exclusives in Scarab green i bought a few months ago for £800, tomorrow im getting gold Williams wheels on her so will update with those when i get them on!

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

Ph1 172.
That steering wheel looks in better condition that most! What is scarab like in the sun?

Seeing as it has been so nice the last few days:

side1.jpg

89d85804.jpg

side3.jpg

side4.jpg

f42673f0.jpg

It changes colour completely when it is out of the sun

I still believe it is a super colour! I'm still missing a front fog. I'll get some more when fog light has been fixed and I've restored both headlights.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
side1.jpg

I'm still missing a front fog. I'll get some more when fog light has been fixed and I've restored both headlights.

Looks awesome! mine is a wreck! But it wont be around long. The reg on that is very similar to my sunflower too, Mines X367 AAY!

P.S I have spare fogs too if your after one PM me ;)

Non Sport Megane
That steering wheel looks in better condition that most! What is scarab like in the sun?

Seeing as it has been so nice the last few days:

side1.jpg

It changes colour completely when it is out of the sun

I still believe it is a super colour! I'm still missing a front fog. I'll get some more when fog light has been fixed and I've restored both headlights.

OMG i sold my odyssey! :( because some sod vandalised it! :( miss it soo much, was BEAUTIFUL after a good clean, polish, and fresh clean alloys! and i agree that the colour changes completely in the sun and shade, iv looked at mine before, and its looke purple! :p

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thought id add to this, My Ph1 that ive owned for 2 years.

It had only done 39k when i bought it and its now only done 45k and im the 3rd owner from new.

Ive done the belts and had the wheels re furbished by Spit and Polish oh and also had the wheel bolts plated along with other bits.

It sits under my car cover most of the timedoing nothing as i use my van daily and my wife has a car, bought the clio as a toy but now im building a MK2 Fiesta as a fast road/trackday toy.

Should sell the Clio tbh.

Scott

IMAG1487.jpg

IMAG1433.jpg

IMAG1486.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

This ones at Snett, dirty car....

1.0 16v Clio (BR)
What's you guys thoughts about 5-door PH1?

It's the only version we have in Brazil and I'm planning to have one as race car. We have 1.6L engines but easily can be swapped to 2.0L F4R engines.

What kills me is the 5-doors thing... :(

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
5 door F4Rs make the baby Jesus cry. ;)

Seriously though mate if a 5 door Clio is all you've got in Brazil, then you don't really have much choice,
it'll be a sleeper that's for sure and it'll take people by surprise when you disappear on them. lol :cool:

If you only have 1.6 5 doors, where are you getting an F4R engine from?

Last edited:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
98129775.jpg

7b66652c.jpg

Will get some more pics when I've dropped it and added the cup spoiler this week.

May refurb the riums in ampasite too

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Not added in here for ages,
heres couple more of mine as she is, needs wheels refurb and cup spoiler painting, but house and kids come first ....

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

SQ5
Thank you

I have yes but he doesn't want to sell it just yet. I basically want everything on it except suspension, brakes, wheels, interior and engine which are the main bits people strip.

Was going to spray mine imola red but flame red is so close to it I could get a mint bodied one and put all my stuff in :)