ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Lol mostly standard, yeah except for the phase 2 rear end. Oh and the half an interior. And it's in great condition, apart from the big fook off hole in the sill. No wonder after waiting to own one for 16 years he's selling it after 9 months.

Clio 172 Cup
Some mad man will pay over the odds. Been after a 106 rallye for a while now and they are the same. Going for money they are not worth, with body work and wrong engines etc.

172 Ph1
Decided to go down the garage and bring back from the dead the motor that's been sitting for 34 months . Compression tests done . All ok .

Then the start up , and what can I say , I'm amazed it started up first time on the button . Well pleased .

I've checked the shell and it seems strong enough , just starting to show signs I'd say , so I've had a word with a friend and has agreed to put some sills on for me in sept / October providing its rolling .

Well here's what I mean
The mere fact it's on the jack points is it's holding its own weight , which is a good sign right ?

IMG_5875.JPG

IMG_5876.JPG

Clio 172/197 205 GTI
I bid up to 2k on the eBay Sunflower knowing I could repair the sills and arch but the way it's going it'll be 3k! Crazy and as much as I love the rarity value I think I'll try and find a really nice Exclusive instead.

kye172

ClioSport Club Member
  phase 1 172
I had a black ph1 behind me this morning, they look so purposeful from the front. That's the first one I've seen randomly for many a year.
Was it near wombwell train station by any chance? You were in a very clean 182?

Ph1 Clio 172
My headlights were in bad shape, had already been split and I realised today as I went to clean them the chrome just rubs off. I wanted to paint them black anyway so having looked at yours earlier in the topic and there I'm just going to clean the chrome off, try to save the lens and fix them back together and hopefully end up with some cheap and cheerful black lights.

We're the pictures from the french classic and performance meet at ace night before last?

I wanted to get down for a nose but was to busy to swing past

Ph1 Clio 172
If I'm working the next one, I will try get down for a quick look. Mate of mine I work with is a never too so he'll be interested

Clio 172/197 205 GTI
IMG_5172.JPG
New Hella headlights to go on this weekend. My originals will be for sale, they're in great condition just slightly dull behind the lenses at the top.

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
Here's my new phase 1 I picked up on sunday, It's got a cliosport sticker on the back window, anyone know anything about it?
Just have to decide what clio to drive now, this one or my 200 cup.

20668864_1636825669685274_2026578373_n.jpg
20706811_1636825606351947_739216471_n.jpg

20668340_1636825619685279_1312257398_n.jpg