ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
In fairness mate, I'm not much of a gamer, I was given the PS4 from work. That said, I remember going from a PS2 to a 360 and been blown away with how much more advanced that last gen seemed to be.

Mini JCW
In fairness mate, I'm not much of a gamer, I was given the PS4 from work. That said, I remember going from a PS2 to a 360 and been blown away with how much more advanced that last gen seemed to be.

It's a case of diminishing returns with each generation.

Keep hold of the PS4 and you'll start seeing some games in 2014 that really show off the tech, as developers get to grips with the hardware (you're lucky, i've not even got mine yet!)

A SHED!
Just got mine, hardly any improvement in graphics. Very fiddly system. I'm sure i'll get used to it. Meh so far.

Mini JCW
11549740086_645726e6c4_c.jpg

#4theplayers by DEAF N1NJA, on Flickr

I think people are perhaps expecting too much regarding the graphics of the launch titles, the developers need time to learn how to get the best out of the system id say that by this time next year we will have some stunning games.

dk

911 GTS Cab
The old system was 1080p, the new system is 1080p, this is not like the jump when we went from low def ps2 to ps3, that's what people ah very to understand. If the consoles were going 4k then there would be more of a wow factor.

A SHED!
Cod says i need ps+ to play online and not available in my country?/? Anyone else having this problem ? i've bought tthe pass and have played it online with other games. The internet browser is shockingly bad. The greatest trick these companies play on us is forcing us to pay for online gaming.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
What do you think of killzone? Takes some getting used to but it's pretty decent.

Not sure what's going on with cod for you tho. Seems strange if you have managed to play online with others?

What else did you get?

Mini JCW
Only played the into on KZ so far - seems a distinctly average game with pretty graphics so far.

Fancy playing online tomorrow if anyone else has it / is about.

Mini JCW
Not getting in to KZ at all.

So looking at downloading a game - my options being :

Battlefield 4
Need for Speed
COD.

Thoughts?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not getting in to KZ at all.

So looking at downloading a game - my options being :

Battlefield 4
Need for Speed
COD.

Thoughts?

BF4!

If anyone is wanting killzone, I have my copy up for sale!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
The old system was 1080p, the new system is 1080p, this is not like the jump when we went from low def ps2 to ps3, that's what people ah very to understand. If the consoles were going 4k then there would be more of a wow factor.

Can't say I agree David. When I got a 360 launch console I didn't even have a tv capable of 720, never mind 1080. Even in non HD. The difference between the PS2 and 360 was unbelievable.

Think I'll be chopping in my ps4 for an XBONE in the next few days; only thing holding me back is the fact that I'll miss out on exclusives.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
My Dad surprised me on Christmas Day with a PS4. Totally unexpected! Came with KZ, BF4, FIFA and a Lego game.

Is need for speed worth getting? Can you play 2 player split screen?

Can you download full games online instead of buying them from the shops?

Mini JCW
Still can't decide. BF3 frustrated me at times as the maps seemed a bit TOO big. But on the other hand is NFS really going to be any good....

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Can't say I agree David. When I got a 360 launch console I didn't even have a tv capable of 720, never mind 1080. Even in non HD. The difference between the PS2 and 360 was unbelievable.

Think I'll be chopping in my ps4 for an XBONE in the next few days; only thing holding me back is the fact that I'll miss out on exclusives.

And in what way is the Xbox One more "next gen" than the PS4?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Still can't decide. BF3 frustrated me at times as the maps seemed a bit TOO big. But on the other hand is NFS really going to be any good....

The maps are pretty big on BF4. But remember its 32 vs 32 on the teams front.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
And in what way is the Xbox One more "next gen" than the PS4?

Generally, the purpose of quotation marks is to quote something I said?

Regardless, it's not. However, as someone that's not a gamer, the appeal of the xbox is the fact that it gives me something that feels different to the current gen models; things like the ability to speak at it. Plus I prefer the controller.

I'm sure the Playstation is fantastic, but it's not enough of a step forward for me to warrant keeping it over the 360, hence why they'll both be traded for the XBONE.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Strange one on the controller Luke, I think it has a similar feel to the Xbox one but with better analogue stick layouts!

Of course not everyone will like the same thing but I think the controller is a strong point for the PS4!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Massive improvement over the last one mate, completely agree. Just prefer the placement of the sticks on the xbox controller. Just personal preference mate )

dk

911 GTS Cab

Which is a strange thing to say as the playstation is the more powerful box, has higher res graphics currently in games and is said to be the better system for games.

And the difference would have been massive between a ps2 and a 360 or a ps3, as even though you didn't have a high res screen, the games had been made in high res, but now the games are being made in the same res as current gen systems, that's the difference this time around. So it's only subtle things that are being improved upon, like the ability to do better lighting and shadows, textures etc.

So if you think that going for a xbox one is going to give you better graphics you are in for a disappointment I'm afraid.

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Well, I've had mine since release day, had no problems whatsoever in setting it all up, everything just seemed to sync straight from my PS3 to the PS4, trophies, FB link, profile settings. I have to say I absolutely love it.

Playing: CoD: Ghosts, BF4 and Assassins Creed: Black Flag.

The DS4 is brilliant, such an improvement over the DS3. The indents in the sticks are a nice touch which immediately feels better than the rounded mushrooms of the DS3, making small movement inputs a breeze which is particularly useful in the shoot-em-ups.

I've synced AC4 with my phone and it works like a charm, though it did scare the B'jeesus outta the missus... I'd left the PS4 on at home and gone to work, was on my break and loaded up the AC4 app on my phone, the missus was unassumingly at home watching her usual crap on TV (Homes under the hammer et'al) when the PS4 took over the TV just to tell her my phone had connected to it!

This led to confusion on the missus' part as she has no clue how to change the "source" on the TV.... On a positive note, she actually got off her a$$ tidied up and made dinner before opting for a nap.

CoD: Ghosts is quite enjoyable, I have only played the single player campaign, I was impressed with the gameplay and obvious graphical showcasing. I may give the multiplayer a whirl over the next week or so. I'm less impressed with Battlefield 4. Though I think this is mainly because I've played all the other BF games on PC so I probably need to give it more of a go before slating it entirely. It just seems a little "alien" on a console.

My bro also purchased a PS4 and when visiting him we sat and had a go of Need for Speed. Looks ok, its no Forza or Gran Turismo obviously, but if you want quick Arcade thrills n spills then I guess its ok. He also showed me a game called "Warframe" briefly, it reminded me of Dynasty Warriors, though with less "mobs" at least the part I saw. I've downloaded it this evening (as its free) and may report more later. :)

I'm looking forward to Watchdogs ad I'm somewhat dismayed that Dead Rising is currently an XBONE only title. I love zombie survival horror games and to placate my need for this I'm looking into the Dayz Standalone for the PC having played the Dayz mod for quite some time.

Anyhoo, feel free to add me on PSN: Sinful-eye

White APE
It came with knack, bit sure I'm going to try that it sell it on. Had cod and BF on ps3 so just getting the digital upgrade.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Does the ps4 even play music cds? It says unsupported?

Don't think it does. Don't think it will play movies from a hard drive/USB stick either.
Might be changed in an update but I doubt it. I think they want you to use their services. Music/ Film unlimited.

ST TDCI
Don't think it does. Don't think it will play movies from a hard drive/USB stick either.
Might be changed in an update but I doubt it. I think they want you to use their services. Music/ Film unlimited.

I must admit I love the PS4 but this really has pissed me of - I hope they sort it but i have my doubts!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well I read earlier that they were planning to put it in a software update, but the articles were from before launch and saying that they would be done before Christmas.
Not sure it will happen though. Why would they, they already have their money...

182 Cup
So apparently the mrs has bought me one off amazon with killzone. Will be interesting to see the difference between the ps3. Good timing as my ps3 is starting to struggle reading discs!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

If they don't do this, it's a game changer for me :( I honestly use the USB abilities and catch up TV services (does PS4 have 4oD yet?) more than playing games... proper gutted about this. The XBO doesn't do these things either though does it? Maybe it's time to skip a generation!

A SHED!
Its disgraceful tbh, it should have everything ps3 has and more. They will probably bring updates out to address some issues and "dress" it up as "listening to consumers" but the fact is this generation of machines are awful at present.