ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It is pretty poor from Sony, especially with so few games that are out for release.

I'm struggling to justify spending more on a game for the 4 when there are so many out for the 3 that are equally as good.

You finish KZ yet? Some of the levels look like they were designed by an infant Stevie Wonder.

Only good thing so far about the 4 is the new controller. The interface is pretty nice and the load times are brilliant. Not living up to expectations though.
I know it's new and things will be here soon enough for it but it's not good enough really.

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
When the ps3 came out it wasn't that impressive to me, decent graphics etc but nothing mind blowing, however it seems to take developers/game designers a while to get the best from the machines, gta 5 for example is an amazing game and 100x better than gta 4. So hopefully in 2/3 years the ps4 will be reaching its obvious potential

A SHED!
It is pretty poor from Sony, especially with so few games that are out for release.

I'm struggling to justify spending more on a game for the 4 when there are so many out for the 3 that are equally as good.

You finish KZ yet? Some of the levels look like they were designed by an infant Stevie Wonder.

Only good thing so far about the 4 is the new controller. The interface is pretty nice and the load times are brilliant. Not living up to expectations though.
I know it's new and things will be here soon enough for it but it's not good enough really.
Nail on the head mate.Finished kz, i'll try mp. Agree about the controller.excellent but the main issues are sony actually wants us to pay for music and video unlimited, the net browser is worse than the ps3 version. With my ps3 i could whack in a cd usb etc and away we go. honestly if they continued to release games for the ps3 i'd take the ps4 back. Slogan should be "Ps4 just like ps3 only with less stuff and you have to pay for everything now" woooo!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
People still listen to CDs?

Tbh, you'd have to be pretty naive to think that early adopters would see that much of a difference

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've still got CDs that I listen to. I also have them on mp3 on a USB stick. Either way, I can't put them on the PS4. I liked the fact that in certain games, you could listen to to your albums instead of the game music.
That won't happen with the 4.

Clio 1.2 16v
I've still got CDs that I listen to. I also have them on mp3 on a USB stick. Either way, I can't put them on the PS4. I liked the fact that in certain games, you could listen to to your albums instead of the game music.

True, I've always changed the Fifa music because who wants to listen to the same 25 songs for a year?

A SHED!
People still listen to CDs?

Tbh, you'd have to be pretty naive to think that early adopters would see that much of a difference
yes i listen to cds and import them to my ps3. something the ps4 can't do, as sony wants me to pay on top of my psn subscription for music unlimited channel.

Mini JCW

There are so many devices you can stream from / to nowadays it's a wonder people are so annoyed about this :S (I was initially until I really thought about it).

Games machine first and foremost. If you want a media centre with a slightly inferior games machine included go for an XBOne.

Last edited:
  BG Clio 182
Im sure the CD and Mp3 stuff will be patched soon, granted it should have been there from the start. I hope they add 3D blu ray support as well that was a very strange omission it would mean i have to keep the Ps3 if i want to watch a 3D blu ray.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I can't remember the last time I bothered putting my own music to games. I usually mute it unless it's a story mode and makes sense personally.

Mini JCW
Im sure the CD and Mp3 stuff will be patched soon, granted it should have been there from the start. I hope they add 3D blu ray support as well that was a very strange omission it would mean i have to keep the Ps3 if i want to watch a 3D blu ray.

I've kept the PS3 as my primary streaming device, doesn't take up much space (also still yet to play Last of Us and GTA V), as the TV has 4 HDMIs so no issue with lack of connectivity.

A SHED!
There are so many devices you can stream from / to nowadays it's a wonder people are so annoyed about this :S (I was initially until I really thought about it).

Games machine first and foremost. If you want a media centre with a slightly inferior games machine included go for an XBOne.
the fact that even my wife says its sh*t compared to my old ps3 says it all really. Maybe after a few updates it'll improve.

Mini JCW
the fact that even my wife says its sh*t compared to my old ps3 says it all really. Maybe after a few updates it'll improve.

Seriously if you're that unimpressed why not give the XBOne a try instead? You may prefer the integration and 'Xbox on'.

182 Cup
So I've found out I should get my ps4 by the 17th January. I'll be getting killzone with it, and fifa 14 separate. I know I want to get assassins creed for it, but what other games are out, or will be out before the end of jam that are worth looking at? I wasn't planning on getting one for a bit so haven't done much reading up at all.

Clio 1.2 16v
Apart from Battlefield nothing special, you do get some cool indie games free with PS+ each month but most games seem to be being released Spring/Summer time

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
One thing i have noticed is the ps4 cannot remember multiple wifi accounts. You have to set it up each time. Mega annoying. My iphone does so why can't a ps4?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So I've found out I should get my ps4 by the 17th January. I'll be getting killzone with it, and fifa 14 separate. I know I want to get assassins creed for it, but what other games are out, or will be out before the end of jam that are worth looking at? I wasn't planning on getting one for a bit so haven't done much reading up at all.

Assassins Creed is meant to be really good most websites are puting it top 3 best games of the year.

BF4 really is awesome on PS4 so Id recommend that. Santa brought me NFS:Rivals which is a hoot also.

As for new games coming in January? Ive pre-ordered the new Tomb Raider. Looks the biz.

Clio 1.2 16v
One thing i have noticed is the ps4 cannot remember multiple wifi accounts. You have to set it up each time. Mega annoying. My iphone does so why can't a ps4?

Serves you right for having a house that big that you need different routers to cover it all. Baller.

I noticed you playing Fifa the other day, you gonna join the Wiffer FC elite?

182 Cup
Assassins Creed is meant to be really good most websites are puting it top 3 best games of the year.

BF4 really is awesome on PS4 so Id recommend that. Santa brought me NFS:Rivals which is a hoot also.

As for new games coming in January? Ive pre-ordered the new Tomb Raider. Looks the biz.

Cheers! Looking forward to getting it now!

BG Clio 182
How stable is the PSN for the PS4 i keep seeing numerous reports of it being down a fair bit over the Xmas period? Just wondering if its getting any better.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Serves you right for having a house that big that you need different routers to cover it all. Baller.

I noticed you playing Fifa the other day, you gonna join the Wiffer FC elite?

What is the wiffer elite? LOL educate me!

Nah, not got a big house but i take the ps4 away with me during the working week and it is friggin' annoying setting up the wifi every time.

blake mate.....

Clio 1.2 16v
How stable is the PSN for the PS4 i keep seeing numerous reports of it being down a fair bit over the Xmas period? Just wondering if its getting any better.

It's much better, there was a few problems because a lot of new people registering that had been given it over Christmas but alls fine now

Clio 1.2 16v
What is the wiffer elite? LOL educate me!

Nah, not got a big house but i take the ps4 away with me during the working week and it is friggin' annoying setting up the wifi every time.

blake mate.....

It's pro clubs, me and Liam play it, you create a player and play in a team but only control your pro and he gets better the more you play, it's good fun we just take the pee out of the other team half the time and shoot from outrageous distances lol.

We'll add you next time you're on

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I give up with the share button. Works probably 10% of the time for me.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
It's pro clubs, me and Liam play it, you create a player and play in a team but only control your pro and he gets better the more you play, it's good fun we just take the pee out of the other team half the time and shoot from outrageous distances lol.

We'll add you next time you're on

Coolio sounds sweet, look forward to it

Nimbus Clio 197
Has anyone bought a headset for their ps4 yet? I got one and the headphones themselves are fine but the inline microphone seems useless, my mates can't seem to hear me. Looking for a set with a separate microphone on an arm, if you get me!

Clio Rs 200T
Has anyone bought a headset for their ps4 yet? I got one and the headphones themselves are fine but the inline microphone seems useless, my mates can't seem to hear me. Looking for a set with a separate microphone on an arm, if you get me!
I didn't need to I just use my Astro A40s had them for 3years nearly never had a problem with them

DCi
Does that one do tele sound and voice chat in the same headphones?

I want to be able to mute my tele late at night and still hear everything.

Mini JCW

Yep, got the Astro A50s - work perfectly for both in game audio and voice and you can adjust the prominence of both on the ear cup, along with 3 EQ settings for multiplayer, single player and media.

Very happy with them overall.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Astro a50 are quite a serious price though... Almost £300. The astros are basically the best.

You can get good quality headsets for much less @Mike_SE i have had a set of tritton ax180 and currently have a set of tritton 720 but are blops2 branded so cost me a lot less than an unbranded version lol

can control both game volume and other headset chat independently so is very useful. Plus mrs likes them as tv is on mute.

Nimbus Clio 197
Yeah just looked at the prices of these Astro ones, ain't paying that! I'll have a gander at the ones you mention as well, cheers mate