ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Done the update this morning. Only thing I have noticed is the themes although there's not many to choose from! Hopefully some will turn up soon enough.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I haven't updated yet, lots of people having issues so I'm holding off, sony say they are looking to resolve the issues, things like controllers not working, boxes not coming out of standby, youtube no longer working etc.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've just dug out some old Turtle Beach X11 I had for my Xbox 360 and from looking online I can buy a chat cable from Turtle Beach for £6.99 and they will work with the PS4, saved me a few quid as the supplied earphone is shocking.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I finished it on the 360 too but I'm still buying it again for the PS4. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Clio 172 Cup
I got it on PS3 and have preordered for PS4.
Preorders get an extra 500,000 in multiplayer which i drastically need having spent my cash on a second apartment and a pink Entity-XF with green wheels..
Plus extra weapons, cars etc if you own a previous version of GTAV

A SHED!
I haven't updated yet, lots of people having issues so I'm holding off, sony say they are looking to resolve the issues, things like controllers not working, boxes not coming out of standby, youtube no longer working etc.
update today apparently solves the stand by issue which I had

dk

911 GTS Cab
was hoping it was the monday so i could pick it up cheap at the airport but its the damn tuesday.

just pre-ordered it from amazon on PS4, should be waiting for me on my return :)

Clio 172 Cup
Think I'll grab a copy the morning it's released. Cheers
That's what I did for the PS3 version. Had friends queuing at midnight to buy it, whilst I left for work 10 minutes early, went to Tesco and bought it using the ex's discount card

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I had it on the PS3. But it's the only game i know that you can just pick up and piss around for 30 mins without going near a mission haha

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Yeh they are a bit, took forever to install too. Have to say I am really enjoying the game though

Monaco 172
Right as its Black Friday tomorrow , I'm after one of these for Xmas from the rents. Any good deals or recommended games? I'm looking to spend around 350. Not fussed on the online side, themes etc, just want some decent games to lose myself in a few times a week. Anyone had any issues with theirs? I'm a bit out of touch with consoles etc so unsure of getting a PS4 over the XBO. My last console was a ps3 which didn't put a foot wrong in 5 years so hoping the PS4 is the same.

Fan of driving, action, shooters and RPGs.
Thanks.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
By far the best game I've ever played.
It is a f*cking epic game I have to agree, not played GTA really since Vice City/San Andreas. Loving the storyline and the different character's keep it interesting. 10/10

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Right as its Black Friday tomorrow , I'm after one of these for Xmas from the rents. Any good deals or recommended games? I'm looking to spend around 350. Not fussed on the online side, themes etc, just want some decent games to lose myself in a few times a week. Anyone had any issues with theirs? I'm a bit out of touch with consoles etc so unsure of getting a PS4 over the XBO. My last console was a ps3 which didn't put a foot wrong in 5 years so hoping the PS4 is the same.

Fan of driving, action, shooters and RPGs.
Thanks.

My ps4 was delivered this afternoon. Just setting it all up now.

I bought it from Amazon. £339 for the black 500GB GTA V bundle.

Pretty good deal I think. There's a few deals on PS4's at the moment of you look around.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Had a first blast against my mate on Fifa 15 using share play. Worked perfectly!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looking at getting a ps4 for Xmas. Any great deals out there, and do we think they will come down after xmas?

M2 Comp
Looking at getting a ps4 for Xmas. Any great deals out there, and do we think they will come down after xmas?

There's been loads of good deals recently mate, but the prices are only going down so it just depends how long you want to hold out really. It's worth keeping an eye on HotUKDeals as new deals are popping up daily on there.

It's a good time to buy as there's finally a good selection of games and plenty more due for release next year :up:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks. Girlfriend is getting me one. One of her mates works at Tesco. £309-£20 voucher-10% off the balance, so about £270, that's just the console though

M2 Comp
Thanks. Girlfriend is getting me one. One of her mates works at Tesco. £309-£20 voucher-10% off the balance, so about £270, that's just the console though

That's not a bad deal at all! When I got mine I looked out for a bundle with a few games, I traded the games in and the console then ended up costing me a £270-£280 (this was a few months ago now). For reference, if you went with the deal I posted above and traded in the games at CEX, you would get £86 cash, making the console £263.99.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok thanks. Tbh is be happy with the console plus one game. Either, kill zone, advanced warfare, the last of us or dying light if that's out? Saw a video before and it looked pretty good. I have an old Xbox with about ten games, wonder of the likes of game take px, prob not worth a great deal mind.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Thread seems quiet. Are the standard headphones anygood for online? If not any recommendations for not millions of cash?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thread seems quiet. Are the standard headphones anygood for online? If not any recommendations for not millions of cash?

Not bad, not great. Just the same old story to be honest. If you want good you def need to upgrade.
Persuaded a mate to chop in his 1 for a PS4 the weekend. He's loving it.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm getting a HyperX Cloud gaming headset next week, it's got great reviews.

With headsets it's all about how anal you are over audio, I've had £200 headsets in the past and preferred £50 turtle beaches. I didn't feel I needed all the options and customisation the £200 one offered. I wouldn't get a wireless one again either.

On another note, my R2 button is only registering when I press it down hard, so I ordered some new triggers and went to replace them - of course I didn't have a screwdriver small enough to take the controller apart and ended up ruining the thread through frustration. 10 years my PS3 controller lasted without fault, a few weeks into PS4 ownership and the rubbers fell apart off the thumb sticks and a year later the R2 button breaks. f**k you Sony and your piece of s**t cheaply made controllers