ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PlayStation 4 Thread.

Clio 1.2 16v
Has anyone got a headset that definitely works with the PS4? I believe a lot of the ones from ps3 are no longer compatible

I use a turtle beach px21 on mine, it works ok but the chat from other players is a tad quiet. To be on the safe side you might to buy one that is made for PS4.

Clio 1.2 16v
Played my mates today for the first time, genuinely couldn't see a difference from the ps3, that was with FIFA and cod.

To be fair visually FIFA looks quite similar but the mechanics of the game and various little animations like when the ball goes out you really notice. You'll start to see the difference if you play it more. Play Battlefield or Killzone you'll see how good the graphics are then

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm having the issue some people are very very loud in chat mode, same people before were normal noise level few few times later their proper loud, had to leave. That's with the X tatic 5.1 . Very hard to find the perfect balance for a few people on here

Track 172, Focus RS
I noticed that last night to be fair, Liam was perfect volume but then alymac (I think his name was), was really quiet. Not heard you speak on it yet Geddes, was beginning to think you don't like me anymore haha

Fiesta ST-2
I'm yet to try my ps3 headset with the ps4, although I'm pretty sure I've got one of the old ps2 cables connected along with the USB. I'm guessing I won't be able to hear game sound though the headset, just mics.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I noticed that last night to be fair, Liam was perfect volume but then alymac (I think his name was), was really quiet. Not heard you speak on it yet Geddes, was beginning to think you don't like me anymore haha

Past couple days now I can't hear anyone in the party chat. Before I could hear you lot either it was too loud too quiet or normal. No idea what's happened I changed no settings. I couldn't join your server was far too busy. When I did join I was a bit busy

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just sold mine for £460! Insane... oh well I'll pick another one up next year when they've added 4oD and USB storage support :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Sony entertainment network is currently undergoing maintenance. Great!
Planned downtime from 4pm until midnight I believe.

Although it's not down to fix the issues people are having getting online apparently.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Ffs. It was supposed to be down from 9am - 2pm. Couldn't sign in this morning.
It was playing up last night too. Not showing friends list and not linking to my phone.
Will try again tomorrow.

ST TDCI
Just linked up the PS4 and my vita and wow it is v.impressive - have only tried it on my home network but it is seamless, COD and Marvel lego is cracking! Reckon this could be a real plus for the PS4.

The picture on the vita is gorgeous and it all seems to work really well - loving it, only shame is I've got to wrap it up for xmas!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
PSN is undergoing maintainence but we can still play online/multiplayer games.

Been on BF4 for an hour and a bit.

Monaco 172 Ph2
I use a turtle beach px21 on mine, it works ok but the chat from other players is a tad quiet. To be on the safe side you might to buy one that is made for PS4.

I have the PX21s mate and they seem to work fine - have you just plugged the headphone jack into the pad without using the amp via the USB ???

Monaco 172 Ph2
To be fair visually FIFA looks quite similar but the mechanics of the game and various little animations like when the ball goes out you really notice. You'll start to see the difference if you play it more. Play Battlefield or Killzone you'll see how good the graphics are then

Are you joking LOL - ive noticed a massive difference from PS3 to PS4 on both ghosts and fifa, even had them side by side playing and it is quite clear :p

I'm fucked off with battlefield 4. Save files from yesterday are corrupt and it wiped them! Had to start again. So k though I'd go online and that is so glitchy today!

Clio 1.2 16v
Are you joking LOL - ive noticed a massive difference from PS3 to PS4 on both ghosts and fifa, even had them side by side playing and it is quite clear :p

To be fair i do have my camera zoomed stupidly far out so fifa 10 probably looks the same as 14 lol you still making them defence pearcing runs?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
To be fair i do have my camera zoomed stupidly far out so fifa 10 probably looks the same as 14 lol you still making them defence pearcing runs?
I'm going to change mine so it's more zoomed in, can't see that well in videos with it in co op :(

I've just got a bargain from amazon, I preordered watchdogs for £44.99 using a £5 off voucher they had on offer a few days ago.

I bought nfs (ps3) from argos for £15 after using some nectar points and I traded it in to amazon to upgrade to the ps4 version. Yesterday I had an email telling me I had a £15 trade in voucher and £22 amazon gift certificate to use. When trying the buy nfs on ps4 it would not apply the £22 discount!! Yesterday it said no stock for 1-3months. Today the price has gone up £7 and is in stock!

I've just contacted amazon to get them to sort it out and whoever I spoke to on live chat must have thought I was trying to get him to adjust the price of watchdogs! Result is, I now only have to pay £7.99 for watchdogs haha on top of the £15 I paid for nfs, I've got a bargain :)

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
If I buy a year playstation plus membership, can it be used on my current ps3, and after Xmas my new ps4 and be running on both (so free games etc on ps3) ?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Got an email off Game this afternoon saying my PS4 is ready for delivery. Bought one from Tesco the day after release day. Lol. Lucky my cousin is after one

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Ha! Imagine sending that beauty off to Microsoft when it breaks, you'd probably get a refurbed black one back.

Mini JCW
The gold plated VCR belongs in the XBO thread I feel.

Can't wait to get the PS4 / A50s on Christmas day!

Honda. Tesla Someday
The gold plated VCR belongs in the XBO thread I feel.

Can't wait to get the PS4 / A50s on Christmas day!

I still don't understand why people have such a raw animosity against games consoles... Quite sad really.

Competition is always good, appreciate it. I had a PS3 and 360, both had their merits, same goes for this new generation.

Mini JCW
Lol @ Animosity - have a word.

It's called banter, I was also pointing out that it's either the wrong link or on the wrong thread.