ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to trying the new keyboard out tonight. I will probably be equally as s**t but with more RGB effects
200w.gif

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Attach files button isn’t working for me on the forum, never mind.

PC all built and ready to be sent 👌🏻 Should be all setup for Wednesday night.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So apparently there’s the big box containing the PC and another separate box containing a motherboard 🤔 unless they’re using the motherboard box to put the freebies in…

Edit: turns out they put all the spare cables and booklets in there.

Also, is it worth my while whacking in my own PSU? The one in the new PC is 750W vs my 850W. Both fully modular.

Last edited:

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So apparently there’s the big box containing the PC and another separate box containing a motherboard 🤔 unless they’re using the motherboard box to put the freebies in…
Does it actually have the motherboard in it? Usually they send all the boxes for the components they used in the build in case anything needs returning, or if you want to sell any of it

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Does it actually have the motherboard in it? Usually they send all the boxes for the components they used in the build in case anything needs returning, or if you want to sell any of it
Yeah all built mate. They just used that box to have all the space cables etc in the one place.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
If you swap PSU then swap all the cables to. PSU cables are not all pinned the same so you could very easily destroy everything.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Also, is it worth my while whacking in my own PSU? The one in the new PC is 750W vs my 850W. Both fully modular.

Are they the same model/make other than the wattage? I got away with swapping to another that was effectively the same just higher wattage.

Heard that the wiring can be connected up to different pins though so you might have to fully swap everything.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’ll just leave it I cba 🤣 surprised a lot of the higher end PCs come with modest PSU though. Noticed that on a few builds online.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Sooooo, finally been given the go ahead to sort PC.

Will I save much building it myself over a pre built system?

Is there a huge difference between a 3080ti/3090ti vs the price?

AMD processor VS Intel?

Any help greatly appreciated.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Nobody needs a 3090Ti for gaming.

Liam's spec is pretty much the best price/performance balance. (As in very good performance).

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
New AMD processors and GPUs and NVIDIA GPUs are due for release late Q3 early Q4 this year. It depends if you don't mind waiting or just buy the best you can get now.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Sooooo, finally been given the go ahead to sort PC.

Will I save much building it myself over a pre built system?

Is there a huge difference between a 3080ti/3090ti vs the price?

AMD processor VS Intel?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Are you going all out and upgrading the monitor too? That’ll help decide what would be best to go for.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
New AMD processors and GPUs and NVIDIA GPUs are due for release late Q3 early Q4 this year. It depends if you don't mind waiting or just buy the best you can get now.

There is always something newer around the corner, I could wait but then I will be fighting for stock at inflated prices over rrp.

I could build a pc now and max out the 1080, buy a 4th gen card when released maybe.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
1080s will be showing their age now.

I'd go 3080 or 3080Ti now. As for which CPU? AMD 58003DX (Or a 5900X if you can find one for the same price as the 58003DX) or Intel 12700K would be my choice.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
2nd one for me. The case in 1 and 3 cannot provide any decent cooling. Will be a proper hotbox.