ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Is OLED the way to go with monitors now then?

I think my next upgrade(s) would be GPU and then a curved 4k monitor. Not sure which size monitor is optimum/most common with the curved monitors?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Think I'll get the Alienware OLED jobby at some point soon. As much as I don't like ultrawide (have had one for 5 years) for all the black bars on YouTube etc), I don't really want to drive 4K games and lose some pretty

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Damn.

My 3060Ti is dead, it has ceased to be, it pines for the fjords no more.

I am currently rocking a GeForce GT 730, as it's all I had lying around. Oh yes. Feel the power.

The 3060Ti always did well for me, but I've snagged a Radeon 6700 XT for £340 as a replacement. Graphics card market is still stupid it seems, but at least it's better than it was. <sigh>

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Damn.

I am currently rocking a GeForce GT 730, as it's all I had lying around. Oh yes. Feel the power.

The 3060Ti always did well for me, but I've snagged a Radeon 6700 XT for £340 as a replacement. Graphics card market is still stupid it seems, but at least it's better than it was. <sigh>
I had a local offer accepted of £500 for an RTX 3080 just a couple of days ago for a third PC I was going to build (though not doing it now). Always worth looking on the likes of Facebook marketplace and sticking in an offer.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Nice :) I wanted something new with a warranty and a 3080 is overkill for me TBH, I was perfectly happy with the 3060Ti. Only went with the 6700 XT as it was priced in line with the non-Ti 3060s but sits somewhere between the 3060Ti and 3070. Don't tend to use ray tracing or DLSS so hopefully it will be good :)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice :) I wanted something new with a warranty and a 3080 is overkill for me TBH, I was perfectly happy with the 3060Ti. Only went with the 6700 XT as it was priced in line with the non-Ti 3060s but sits somewhere between the 3060Ti and 3070. Don't tend to use ray tracing or DLSS so hopefully it will be good :)
I went from a 3060Ti to a 6700XT and found it an upgrade in the majority of games.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I went from a 3060Ti to a 6700XT and found it an upgrade in the majority of games.

Cool, that's what I'm hoping and also what the reviews seem to suggest, especially with the driver improvements AMD have made since launch.

Given the price I'd be perfectly happy with parity or even a slight drop in performance.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it possible for a game to cause a PC to restart? Keep getting this in COD where my PC just reboots itself. Since it started I've checked all drivers updated bios etc but it's randomly happening. Nothing seems to be overheating so I'm lost for ideas. I've tried running other games and benchmarked it with 3D mark and everything is performing fine in that it's just COD. I've done a scan and repair too but aside from doing a full reset on my PC I'm not sure what else to try.

It seemed to start a few updates ago on COD so it leads me to think it's something in the game but I'm not sure how it's even possible surely the game itself would just crash not the whole PC. It also only ever seems to happen in the menus or as the game loads but not when I'm actually playing which is when it's under full load.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have any CPU or GPU overclocks running?

Nope I have a slight undervolt on my GPU but it still did it when I put that to standard but could try again to be sure. My ram is overclocked in bios but it's to the speed the ram is supposed to run at 3600.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Damn.

Is that not under warrenty? GPU's don't die that quick or did you have it under water running within an inch of its life? :D

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Is that not under warrenty? GPU's don't die that quick or did you have it under water running within an inch of its life? :D

Sadly not, warranty expired. I'm still not 100% sure if it's dead dead or whether it's just some weird incompatibility between this motherboard and that card, who knows..... 6700 XT is doing the business nicely now so that's all good.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Before I stick them up for sale elsewhere, any interest in an i7-11700 and 16Gb of 3200 DDR4 (2x8Gb)?

£175 for the i7, £30 for the memory, £200 for all of it.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Realised why I might be stuttering a bit in DCS with texture loading etc.

Currently rocking 32gb of ram, which I knew was a bit borderline at 4k, but completely didn’t twig that it was only 2666mhz. With a Ryzen 5800x and 3070 that’s what you might call a bottleneck 😂

Ordered 64gb of 3600mhz, should do the trick.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
A few updates to my gaming system. Added some new Fractal fans, RGB controller and reapplied the paste/dusted.

Had my GPU replaced under warranty late last year and they replaced it with a Ti model, which was a nice (if small) upgrade. Should be good for another year or so!

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 15.02.49.png

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 15.03.03.png

F82 M4
It's a block kitchen countertop that I had cut to length since it's 2.2m long

The legs are then just tapped into the bottom with long wood screws. Legs are from Hairpin Leg Co I think it was.

Looks absolutely excellent mate. I'm tempted to do it myself, I've really struggled to find desks bigger than 2m that are nice

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yeah I did the same, 186 piece from Ikea on some of their draws works a treat and cheaper than most alternatives
View attachment 1631719
Those drawers are what I'm planning to use, but might buy the white version and paint them a different colour (that the missus approves of 🙄). I'm going to buy some proper wood kitchen worktop instead of the IKEA one though as I can get a custom length.
What are you using to stop the top sliding on the drawers?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Those drawers are what I'm planning to use, but might buy the white version and paint them a different colour (that the missus approves of 🙄). I'm going to buy some proper wood kitchen worktop instead of the IKEA one though as I can get a custom length.
What are you using to stop the top sliding on the drawers?
It’s the way to go, and much more solid than chipboard and generally a nicer finish.
The top didn’t actually slide that much as it’s quite heavy, but I did get a pack of sticky rubber feet from Amazon and they do the trick.

F82 M4
Got a well annoying issue at the moment if anyone can help. I've got a Asus Ryujin II AIO cooler and it's excellent, however the software is utter garbage (Armoury Crate). So I've followed the manual when installing perfectly but I'm sure it's wrong. Basically, the fans on the radiator have decided to just go on full whack all the time, and they're extremely loud. The 3 fans are plugged into the included fan controller, and nothing is plugged in to the CPU fan output on the motherboard (this is exactly what the manual said to do). For some reason though, the Armoury Crate software will not allow me to change these fan speeds at all, even in the BIOS the CPU fans show as "N/A" however I assume this is 'cause nothing is plugged into that header. What's the solution here? Should I get a 3 fan splitter and plug them all into the CPU header instead of the fan controller, and then just control them from the BIOS? I'm more than happy to uninstall this dog s**t software but I will lose my customisation options for the cooler. Or is the fan controller faulty? I can't seam to buy a replacement anywhere though

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Got a well annoying issue at the moment if anyone can help. I've got a Asus Ryujin II AIO cooler and it's excellent, however the software is utter garbage (Armoury Crate). So I've followed the manual when installing perfectly but I'm sure it's wrong. Basically, the fans on the radiator have decided to just go on full whack all the time, and they're extremely loud. The 3 fans are plugged into the included fan controller, and nothing is plugged in to the CPU fan output on the motherboard (this is exactly what the manual said to do). For some reason though, the Armoury Crate software will not allow me to change these fan speeds at all, even in the BIOS the CPU fans show as "N/A" however I assume this is 'cause nothing is plugged into that header. What's the solution here? Should I get a 3 fan splitter and plug them all into the CPU header instead of the fan controller, and then just control them from the BIOS? I'm more than happy to uninstall this dog s**t software but I will lose my customisation options for the cooler. Or is the fan controller faulty? I can't seam to buy a replacement anywhere though
Can you control anything through Armoury Crate, like pump speed and RGB, or is it just the fans that don't register?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
There is an option in Armoury crate to control the fan speeds but I believe it's only when it's open at least with mine I keep the app closed unless I'm looking for updates and my fans just run off the Bios settings.

Have you seen the option in armoury crate and it's just not working or have you not found it? As I know the software is a bit s**t to navigate.

Last edited:
  F82 M4
I can control pump speed and all the chassis fans, just not the fans on the radiator that are plugged into the fan controller. I have a feeling the controller is faulty

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I guess they figured their reputation is now so strong that they can make more money with lower margins on higher volume if they position themselves at that price point. Proper gateway drug to Fanatec kit :LOL:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Last couple years been meaning to properly look at a new pc, kinda put off to stuff being in low demand and price. My current pc that i got custom from Overclockers is now 6 years old, there's nothing that i've replaced on it that i can recall. What's the tell tale signs of a pc starting to go due to age, or does it not work like that, i presume it's 1 thing that goes at a time. Just wondering how far can i go before one day i want to turn on my pc and it wont boot up? Is it time to spend -£1000 on a new pc?