ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The RSi-brid 2006-07

After I had scrapped my Black 16V... I had a few other Clios but i really wanted another 16V to make my own.. As luck would have it I got my hands on 90k Nreg Silver 16V for pretty much free... it had a problem with the subframe and needed new engine mounts

Image180.jpg

First job was... change the wheels lol.. & also fit a standard 16v bumper splitter

Silver01.jpg

Silver02.jpg

I was still having trouble finding the right wheels for it and came across so rare Renault fitment Mattig 7x13 steel wheels on german ebay... so after a quick shop.. I wired the money to germany

mattigshopcopy.jpg

Fitted.. I had to fit Clio RSi front brake in order to get the 13's on

silver08.jpg

silver03.jpg

The car was starting to take direction... With the car having steel wheels It reminded me of my 106 rallye. So i went off the the local scrapyard and raided the low model
clio parts bin

Windy windows and bogo plastic door cards

Interior06.jpg

Non pop out rear windows

silver05.jpg

Lots of blanks, etc etc for the dash

Interior05.jpg

I got some german plates (which one day ended up the police taking the car off me at the side of motorway... another story all together lol

silver15.jpg

By now FCS 2007 was coming up and i wanted to do something different for the show. as the car had a 106 Rallye-ish theme, I thought why not rip the valver lump out and Fit RSi 8V... the old lump was a slow one so seamed like a good idea.. A road spec light weight warror

So i set to work getting it ready for FCS

Image311.jpg

Image316.jpg

Image310.jpg

Wheels painted white.. I also fitted 15mm spacers to the rear to give the car a better stance

Image308.jpg

And for some mad reason i thought a Ph3 front end would look dope.. it was different

Itsback01.jpg

Itsback02.jpg

Due to ECU / imobliser problems, the car never made FCS 07.. I got it running the day after the show lol, after I got an ECU from grey :).. The Ph3 front end wasn't really working so i refitted the valver stuff and went off to get some pics so i could show it off lol

PICT0176.jpg

PICT0174.jpg

8V09.jpg

8V10.jpg

8V03copy.jpg

8V04copy.jpg

8V01.jpg

8V07.jpg

Now because i did a sh*t paint job on the wheels and the fact they were white the brake dust just ate the paint.. So also being bored with white i painted the bright orange

PICT0317.jpg

PICT0311.jpg

PICT0315.jpg

PICT0319.jpg

Parked with sambos old RT

PICT0380.jpg

Showing Immi what a low car is ;)

PICT0353.jpg

This car was much lower than the black hybrid... I doubt you would find a lower Mk1 in the uk

PICT0301.jpg

Due to it being so low and sh*t UK roads.. I used to tw*t the sump & rip the exhaust off on a weekly bases... Being so low it had to be rolled onto wood - scissor jack - Trolley jack to refit it everytime... It pushed me to far and i put the car for sale for £1500 not a sole was interested or had the cash

26092006009.jpg

26092006008.jpg

One week the exhaust came of pretty much everyday which drove me mad... so the car ended like this LOL.. from full car to bare shell in 24hours all my own work :)

Low-ist01.jpg

Low-ist04.jpg

THE END....R.I.P 2006-2007..... Can you see a pattern here lol

Thanks for reading
Winston

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
couple of great motors uve scraped there mate! hows the 5 coming along?

ValverInBits
enjoyed reading that!
it seems really really odd replacing a 16v engine with a less powerful 8v tho??
can't argue tho - it was unique.

Theres fast 16v engines and slow 16v engines... this was a sloooooow one.... Plus i hate the gutless below 4k F7P tbh

The F3P is like a mini Williams engine, very torquey and it makes close to the same torque as F7P does.. the F3P is a lighter engine so the idea was it would make it handle better and more make the car more chuckable

your on the project threads tonight mate! another good read. originally i thought that the previous valver looked better... but with the orange wheels and it being as low as it was im unsure now.

Never above 25mpg
I <3 turbines just incase you're wondering Winston ;)

Looks really good! Someone sent me a pic of your car when I had my MK1 before I even joined CS.net so shows how nice cars get around!!

Glad I didn't get baccara handles in my RL though, the chrome just doesnt work on the cheapo plastic :p

Clio mk1
The best looking valver I have ever seen espec with the white wheels! Why didn't you just raise it up a bit!???

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Utter sheds! All of them! Black one was the best, then you started lacing your crack with mold and rust!

'91 Clio RT =D
ah man, you totalled that valver looked so nice too :(

thats the valver on the adrian flux ad on c16v, just recognised it lol