ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Russian goes German

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Epic barge mate great spec. My brother got a 535d and had it remapped the the thing absolutely flies.

Inferno 225 cup
Cheers guys [emoji5]️

It really doesn't feel big when I drive it, it obviously is but I don't get that sense.

It flys too so any wait to fettle with it. :£

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Tbf, this is the best shape 5 series.
And you have the best wheels.
And to me, the best colour.

Win. Win win.

Wrong wrong wrong! The e60 is definitely the runt of the litter when it comes to 5 series. It's still a decent car but no way the best shape 5 series and they have lots of issues

Inferno 225 cup
The bmwcotswold trader Phil, on 5 series owners board is on it.

Asked for prices for arch liner, undertray and ccc nav replacement and he's on point and the prices aren't that bad.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
All models have issues, wouldn't change my E61 M5 for a newer, for one they don't do a estate version, and I want a true M car with the noise, not turbo.

530d & 535d E60s are cracking cars, loving the carbon black fella!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wrong wrong wrong! The e60 is definitely the runt of the litter when it comes to 5 series. It's still a decent car but no way the best shape 5 series and they have lots of issues
Don't get me wrong, they're not as well built as the newer ones or indeed the E39, but they are the best looking.

If you disagree with me, you're a homo.

clio 182 trophy
I know it is subjective but the new shape just isn't in the same league as this one looks wise.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Lol. A 5 series should look great from every angle. E12, E28, E34, E39 all perfect in my eyes to look at. It goes down hill at the e60 then starts to get better with the F10.

I've never got on with the e60. Not saying it's a crap car just think it looks wrong, especially from behind unless it's the M5.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
How you finding the auto box? I drove a 525d and it was woeful but I reckon there was something up it tbh.

Inferno 225 cup
How you finding the auto box? I drove a 525d and it was woeful but I reckon there was something up it tbh.

It's pretty decent to be fair quick at shifted and in manual mode it's an absolute weapon.

Reading on the other forum a lads had his mapped and it's running 300bhp 520lbft.

Fairly tempting that is.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It's pretty decent to be fair quick at shifted and in manual mode it's an absolute weapon.

Reading on the other forum a lads had his mapped and it's running 300bhp 520lbft.

Fairly tempting that is.
Yep the one I drove was broken then..lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I drove one I while back they go really well. Definatly a car I would buy at some point

Inferno 225 cup
Well I'm already spending[emoji16]

A part was missing of the grill at the front so that's on its way.

Also I had the "insert DVD into satnav" fault, after speaking to a few people it's the ccc satellite navigation unit.

Order that along with the drivers Side arch liner and new undertray from a trader on the 5 series forum.

Mega helpful chap and we'll be ordering more through him.

Going to order a new bulbs and interior bulbs along with some plates from fancy plates, will measure up and get ones to fit perfect.

Found a plate I like which reads JJ02CLK for Jacob Joe Clarke so hopefully after I've dropped a big hint it might be early Christmas present.

I properly love it, it's fast and quiet and looks great, had loads of comments at work.

So I'm guessing this is going to be a progress thread [emoji23][emoji23]

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The russain with a German car and Scottish plate. Jock?! That's all I see..lol

Inferno 225 cup
The russain with a German car and Scottish plate. Jock?! That's all I see..lol

I tried for the 3 but it wasn't there :(

Right predicament, I like to see a nice shiny pipe (exhaust cheeky ;))

Tried polishing this up but no avail, shitted up, so what do you guys think to something like this? Looks nice and snug of silly?

5ebbe65d9f8c62bd1762ab5e891d4de7.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'd say so mate. Only my opinion but that looks a bit too m5 if that makes sense. Unless you got them both ends of the bumper then that would look good

Clio Dci
Are you sure you couldn't have gotten away with a replacement DVD drive for the CCC? BMW did a replacement drive for when the lasers packed up and it's a lot cheaper!

Inferno 225 cup
Are you sure you couldn't have gotten away with a replacement DVD drive for the CCC? BMW did a replacement drive for when the lasers packed up and it's a lot cheaper!

Yeah that's what I've done, £120 delivered £20 back when I send the old one in.

225 Cup & Williams
Looks lovely Jacob!

I had a drive of my boss's 64 plate 520d. Wasn't the quickest thing but it was a proper cruiser.

I bet with a map your one will go like Fcuk! Probably goes pretty well as it stands just now.

Inferno 225 cup
Looks lovely Jacob!

I had a drive of my boss's 64 plate 520d. Wasn't the quickest thing but it was a proper cruiser.

I bet with a map your one will go like Fcuk! Probably goes pretty well as it stands just now.

I love it chap, yeah it's quick as it but a little more power not hurt anything, even if it's just dpf decat and air filter.

Put my foot down earlier and the speed of picks up is crazy and because it quiet and comfy, you don't realIse [emoji16]

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Driven the M6 E60 and I dunno if it was just because of the power that made it feel quite intimidating but it felt bloody huge! Driving my mates dream car that he'd owned for 2 days may have also played a factor. The wife would never have one which is a shame as I'd really like one as the family mobile, M5 would be dreaming but a middle of the range one would do me nicely,