ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The sun shines

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
And the bike came out!

04186778-0BA1-42B3-B32D-131C2EAA7E63.jpg

Then came back and binned the cat and fitted a power commander for good measure!

12AA9BF6-7574-4A90-8327-F961551353A1.jpg

Old vs new. Saved over 4 kgs with this badboy!

6DAB49A0-CAB6-4D34-B1D4-33DB429DB444.jpg

Yet to ride it with all of this fitted, but it sounds much better, and with the proper old school petrol fumey smell! No stinky cats here now!

Thanks

Weeksy

Clio 172
Arrrrgh! I want to do a bike test so bad! Would love an R6 or GSXR600. Brother had a pretty terrible crash on a bike a few years back (Car didn't see him and pulled out) so since then, its been a case of not putting my family through the though of it and I have never bothered... but I'm getting the itch again! :/

Your R1 looks lovely. :)

Jack

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You should have poped over at the weekend mate.

I have a bike licence, but after binning it my biking day's are over.

Just like the cossie, epic choice in machine.

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Hi Jack,

Thanks fella! I had a bit of a tumble in 08 where a girl pulled out on me at a cross roads while on her mobile (dont ever do it people!) I went over the top and landed like a crash test dummy, and I have some upper body metal work as a souvenir! Its a tough one to call, maybe a bit selfish of me to carry on riding after given that my family suffered too, but I NEED a bike!!

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
You can have a spin scotty boy...

As long as I get first passenger ride in the ti terror when its all up and running?!

Clio 172
Hi Jack,

Thanks fella! I had a bit of a tumble in 08 where a girl pulled out on me at a cross roads while on her mobile (dont ever do it people!) I went over the top and landed like a crash test dummy, and I have some upper body metal work as a souvenir! Its a tough one to call, maybe a bit selfish of me to carry on riding after given that my family suffered too, but I NEED a bike!!

Very much the same incident as yours, car pulled across his lane (Turning Right into a side road) and then stopped dead as a car was coming out the same road. My brother had no where to go but over the roof. I lived through it on the other side of things buddy. My brother was a mess for about 2/3 years after it. The crash nearly ended his life never mind his career as a Fighter Pilot before it had even started. He was medically unfit to fly after the amount of metal used to rebuild him. He had countless operations after the crash to have it all removed and hours of physio to get back to a fitness level to get back in the flying seat, he has never got back on a bike since.

Must have been bloody awful for you as well pal, 9 time out of 10 its always down to another driver where motorbikes accidents happen. To be honest, I wouldn't call it Selfish, its a passion at the end of the day, like cars are all our on here. My brother flies million pound fighter jets on a day to day basis, these things could kill him just as much as when he was on a bike, yet he does it everyday with out a second thought.. I know I will scratch the itch one day. :)

Be safe! ;) haha

Jack

ph1 172 Excl, Cossie
Dude, that sounds awful. To interfere with your fitness, family, work and life outside doesnt bear thinking about.
I still think I was lucky. I shattered my humerus, and snapped the scapula, and I am still doing physio to make it stronger or better (initially I was a bit of wimp with it and was happy with it moving properly!)

Luckily I could still sit at my desk and shout and scream for work with one wimpish arm. Messing with work for your bro must have been bad, especially pinging around the skies. If I could fly a plane, I would leave the bikes.........I think........