ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The things we do for love

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Amanda got me to have a crack at her car over the weekend. She did have a point it was a month over due (Ive had a knee op). Shame she sat inside whilst I roasting my bits off. :S

Zymol goodies.;)

ren172side.jpg

ren172front.jpg

ren172rear.jpg

Steve (Amandas172's better half)

jonnyjogpants said:
ill bring mine round mate and you can clean mine....:rasp:

Oi mr :rasp:

You missed me stabbing myself in the hand with the scewdriver the other day mate just after you left. One of my cats popped its head up out of no where when I was fitting those fog lamp protectors.:dead:

By the way...your xzorst did pop when you pulled off. :cool: Sounded good.

Sorry I missed your call the other day too mate. My knee has been playing up after doing Am's motor. Worth it though.

Steve
:sleepy:

Thanks for the comments all. It was worth the pain in the end. It was a shock to see how dirty it gets around here with all the building work, heathrow etc in a short space of time. It gets done every month but I got slack and was punished for it.:S Shame I didn't think about doing before and after......:mad:

Have to agree that it is one of the best colours that the 172 come in. Not to many of them around too? In some light it looks pinky and in some there is an orange tint to it. :cool: I have only ever seen two in the flesh.Mike of Rentech and a girl that I thought was Amanda on my way to work a few months back. :clown:

I was thinking of buying a splitter for it and maybe some black multi spoke wheels but I spent it on my car instead (didn't go down to well).

Keep an eye in the for sales section in the near future as it will be put up for sale due to moving house etc. But don't hold me to that.

Steve

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
Looks well smart and shiney. Silvervisions or ebay cheapo ones would look good. Not sure about the playboy bunny plates in my opinion though.

You mention fog light protectors. Having just cracked one of mine and bought a new one these sound a good idea. Where do you get them from and how much are they? Any pics of them fitted?

As for flame red pics, heres a pic of my old 172. Although it looks a totaly different colour to yours? Always looked nice when it was clean and sunny :cool:

View attachment 9222

Last edited:
Hey Doug,

Looks good still mate. Looks a slightly more cherry colour? Nice though.

As for the fog lamp covers mate, it wasn't for Amandas car im affraid it was for my Scooby. I'd be interested if you can get hold of some lamps for the sport mind you?

I'm still tempted to get some multi spoke wheels for her car.But not sure on if to go for silver , white or even black ?

Steve

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
Amandas172 said:
Hey Doug,

Looks good still mate. Looks a slightly more cherry colour? Nice though.

As for the fog lamp covers mate, it wasn't for Amandas car im affraid it was for my Scooby. I'd be interested if you can get hold of some lamps for the sport mind you?

I'm still tempted to get some multi spoke wheels for her car.But not sure on if to go for silver , white or even black ?

Steve

You say interested in some lamps. Do you mean the actuall fog lamps or covers? If it lamps you can get them from Euro Car Parts for £38.07 including vat. Which is about half the price Renault charge and they are exactly the same.

As for the wheels, know its probably boring but I think silver would look best with a red colour car.

No Doug mate,

Like a film or something to protect them. Renault do charge a hell of a lot for what you get.

Steve