ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the Thot Plickens... :).. reno n turbo again lol..

ok,,

so, now we know that the diesel clio uses the same crank as the 172..

why is that important ??..

well.. its BLOODY INCREDIBLY important..

what it means is that you can rule out COMPLETELY the crank as a falure point.. these bloody things run 18-23:1 compression ratio..

revs is what kills a crank.. the 172.. hence diesel - crank not only can take up to 23:1 boom boom.. but, can rev to 7k plus.. proven in the 172..

me thinks this crank is rather marvelously strong.....

and we KNOW the rods can handle the revs.. question is strength ??.

well. its like this (IMHO !).. reno re-use as many parts as possible to keep costs down..

I have the facility to crosscheck these parts...

the rods are of the same deisgn ( a H section blended rod ).. I have no reason to beleive they are going to present a problem at all..

seems to be boiling down to pistons.. and pistons.... and pistons...

Joe.

yep M8... apart from some holes to drill n swarf to clean.. a bit of the ol hacksaw on some ali bits, a bit of welding... an ECU, mapping, pipework and intercooling mechanism...... etc........................................................................................

its kewl !

LOL

Joe...