ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

Renault Clio RS182
Re: ace mpg from my dci 100 :)

i bet you were bored though ;) im not overly bothered about mpg in a car, i drive because i enjoy it. some people spend there money on computers, others on prostitutes, me just on petrol (and the odd beer) :)

CBR1000RR Fireblade

today i've enjoyed an average of 55-70 mpg through out the day and that was driving in the town a bit as well not bad aye ;)

whats you boys getting?

I can guarantee that your MPG isn't what the trip computer says.

Our DCI 65 says it's averaging 72 MPG, in reality it's averaging around 52 to 55 MPG

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS

Mine realistically averages about 50mpg for every day use. But I see 65 on long runs!

DCI100

Thats pretty good going tonka truck, yeah i just fill up when i'm near the now lend haha! :p

Octavia VRS LE
In the cooper I average about 28, but when cruising on the montorway I can get about 36mpg... Which isn't too bad, the supercharger just HATES short journeys.

Ph2 1.2, Ph1 172
37af8f4d.jpg

as indicated on the cars mpg function, however in reality i get more like 37-38mpg, this is calculated on the fact i always put in around 10 gallon of fuel at each fill up and get 370/380miles to a tank.

The pic above was taken from a couple of weekends ago when i had been mtb'ing, so had 2 fully equipped downhill mtb's a passenger and our gear for the day on a mix of A and B roads and a round trip of approx 120 miles

Ged

PD130 Peach
my eco college and back trip sees me 60-65, my weekend and night trips see me from 48-58 (fairly boosting about) overall im happy :) 130 miles ish to 10 litres :)

So with my 1.4L 16V Clio (Note i have induction and exhaust!) I took a little trip to London and back from Bedford, In total its a 118.7M Trip. I put £20 in the tank at £1.34.9 (Sainsbury's).

I reset my trip/mile counter as i was pulling out of petty station, and when i arrived back at home, i still had 52M left. The Average MPG for the journey was 44.8MPG.

Meaning £20 which is 14.8L = 3.25Gallon's = 145.6 Miles off £20, according to the car!!! When in fact, i actually got 166 Miles in reality :lolup:

Im usually a town driver though and get 25- 35MPG Average and rinse about £15 a day.

Sorry to bore anyone with the slight mathematics :rasp:

did a 90 mile round trip in the 182 today mainly motorway but some town driving with speed bumps etc. had the climate on full blast - Trip showed 46mpg for the journey. Had 1 passenger and a spare engine lol

BG Clio 182
Had a motorway blast over the weekend ended up with around 36 MPG I was quite heavy on the gas lol1

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Got my 182 last week, filled up £50 and reset the mpg. I'm averaging 39mpg wtf :| I'm doing 20% town driving and the rest A roads. It can't be that good, the mpg computer must be broken :dapprove:
And i'm not driving like a granny either.

1.2 16V
Got my 1.2 Extreme on wednesday, done a bit of local B road driving, and currently sitting on 35mpg. Should rise when I hit the motorways and dual carriageways when commuting. Aiming for 40!

Get about 37 on work commute, includes quite a bit of traffic, 50 mph zones, several roundabouts and car parks which I think is pretty good for what the car is! 48 best on the motorway!

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Since I filled up on Tuesday I've experimented with driving as lightly as possible, currently managing just under 42mpg!

RB 182 195bhp
I normally get between 32-34, but taking it easy ish today i got 40mpg out of my 172 Cup. All according to the computor, so not that accurate but still a good sugestion lol

Ibiza FR Edition
45 mpg on a motorway run at 65... Trip shows 36.2 which is the average of the last 5k miles, I think my trip computer actually slightly undereads compared with brim to brim calculations

133/225/CLS AMG
Finding my 172 sits around the 30mpg mark although crept up to about 40mpg on a motorway run last weekend.

The Mrs gets about 35mpg in her 133 although on a run down to see her family it worked out at 50mpg which is pretty impressive. I get the same kind of figures in my 133 Gordini.

The 225 only really sees 24mpg unless you're in 6th cruising at 65-70ish.

Quite glad I get the train to work really as I don't have to worry about the mpg too much.

Evo 8 MR
I've been getting 42mpg now I've moved to Wales. All country lanes here so mostly just cruise at 60.