ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Lolz

1620673_604868186251055_754693043_n.jpg

Been running a Fuelly on mine since I got it at the end of November. Its average is 48.6mpg based on 1712 miles so far.
Been on Fuelly since September with the boring, reliable Honda Jazz.
Couldn't have done it with the 182, would have made me realise just how much it was costing me!
Averaging 48.1mpg over 8433 miles in the Honda.
I tend to agree with Gavin though, it isn't the most exciting topic :)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Been on Fuelly since September with the boring, reliable Honda Jazz.
Couldn't have done it with the 182, would have made me realise just how much it was costing me!
Averaging 48.1mpg over 8433 miles in the Honda.
I tend to agree with Gavin though, it isn't the most exciting topic :)

Written like a true Yorkshire man lol.

2010 Clio RS200 Grey
Just tested the accuracy of the OBC in mine. Indicated 29.5mpg - actual 34. That was mixed town and motorway stuff, its actually better if I keep off the motorways (gearing)

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Clio 172 Sport
Remapped currently @ 180bhp
Scorpion Cat Back
RamAir Foam Filter
Custom Decat section

Usual average around

6ynadymu.jpg

If I really try and drive like a grandad I get around

pypa2yza.jpg

ClioSport 197
Hi
ive just bought a remapped 58 plate clio sport 197, was just wondering what sort of mpg other people get from theirs?

MCS 2003
I have a 10 plate 200 and I get early to mid twenties out of mine but I live in south west london so rush hour traffic from hell and more potholes than all of bagdad

Driving normally pottering to work and back I get about 35 ish.

on a recent run, driving like a complete granny I managed to see 52!!!!

182 ph2

Clio 172 (Now 182)
depends how late I am.. if im late (rushing) I get around 32-34mpg otherwise 40+ especially on the motorway

My economy has been shocking compared to my previous 1*2s, so having a new pre cat lambda put in today. Will report back on the results :approve:

Nimbus Clio 197
I've left my fuel computer alone for a long time to see what I get. Average is 35.9mpg. I think that's great for this type of car!

I've been struggling to get over 32 for the past two months, no matter how sensibly I drive. New lambda in today, so tomorrow will be the big test!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Computer in BMW 530 was upto 74mpg but dropped to just over 70 after 300miles.. was too tired to drive slowly on the way back and ended up averaging a little over 60mpg..

Clio 172 (Now 182)
Remember on the renaults you need to reset the computer at 30mph or above for an accurate reading, every trip

Monaco Blue 172
Trip to Norwich Airport, 2 up, luggage = 45.1mpg (plodding along at 60, then through the City no traffic, just half a dozen lights)

On the way home, 1 up, no luggage = 42.3mpg (reset as I drove out of car park) did about 60/70, overtook a couple of lorries, but certainly not trying to be economical.

52 mile round trip.

For reference, the 'best' I managed in the Megane Hatchback (2004 2.0 VVT 136 with 69k on the clock) was 44mpg and that was a real effort to get into the forties whatever I did. This is a trip I do most Mondays, and was my first recorded trip in the Clio, the VW T4 averages 50mpg most trips.

The 172 is, as far as i'm concerned. An eco warrior lol!!

Ph1 172, E36 328
On my trip to the "Ring" last year I averaged 90-100 all the way there n back and including 5 & 1/2laps I got 41mpg!!! Was just me and 4 wheels in the car.

Not really ... bit disappointed tbh. Pretty much the same mpg. Could be my route to work though, so will try it on some other runs.

Yeah, just the pre cat with the Bosch sensor. After owning a 172s in the past I was expecting a bit better economy... At least mid 30s. I have seen late 30s, so there's a good chance it could be my route to work. Changing jobs in a month which is pretty much 50mph all the way so I'll keep an eye on it.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
182 I average about 24mpg only mods are a scorpion cat back

Unless you are driving like a lunatic, over short distances, that's an indicator something isn't right I'm afraid chap.

With my new uncammed engine in, I'm averaging 37mpg at the mo. Which isn't too bad given it gets a pasting every now and then.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Doing a 2-3hr motorway journey crusing at 70mph in my 172:
1001745_10151909531739756_1830727268_n.jpg

The next day after a track session at Castle Combe
1240212_10151910854919756_976930827_n.jpg

Average about 38-42 on the way to work, 12mile journey without having a heavy right foot that is.

After struggling with getting my mpg over 35, I've seen a dramatic improvement after recent work I've done to the car. Fitted a new post-cat lambda, brand new HT leads (nothing wrong with the old ones anyway!) and a new injector. Over 380.7 miles from Wolverhampton > SE London > Guildford > Wolverhampton, the car managed 40.5 (43.7 on the way to SE London).

Did a bit of city driving in London and Guildford which brought it down a bit but I'm well happy to have done nearly 400 miles on just under a full tank (fuel light only came on 2 minutes from my house).

While I don't mind the expense when I have 'fun', I'd like a decent compromise when I'm doing long distance motorway cruises. Seem to have found the compromise now!