ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

3 RS200
clio 200, 12 plate. I average under 25mpg. 40m round trip commute to work and a few blasts out on my days off. Not the greatest I must admit but I'd get a sensible daily if mpg really mattered...

A Class AMG Line
MK3 2010 DCi 88bhp - Thrashing it a bit 60mpg, best I've managed is 81.1. Although doing 50mph on the M6 where it's roadworks will give me 99.9mpg and If the tank is almost full says a range of over 1000 miles! But that's if you re-set the computer and keep to 50mph

Motorway is around 71 MPG and urban driving about 64 MPG

Currently with a mix of urban and short motorway journeys and being thrashed a little I'm getting the lowest MPG I've ever had, 60.2 MPG...

When the tank reaches half full I put in £10 which lasts me a week getting to uni ect. (Use fuel additives every now and again which may be the reason for such good MPG, but who knows
fullsizeoutput_bae.jpeg

Clio 182
MK3 2010 DCi 88bhp - Thrashing it a bit 60mpg, best I've managed is 81.1. Although doing 50mph on the M6 where it's roadworks will give me 99.9mpg and If the tank is almost full says a range of over 1000 miles! But that's if you re-set the computer and keep to 50mph

Motorway is around 71 MPG and urban driving about 64 MPG

Currently with a mix of urban and short motorway journeys and being thrashed a little I'm getting the lowest MPG I've ever had, 60.2 MPG...

When the tank reaches half full I put in £10 which lasts me a week getting to uni ect. (Use fuel additives every now and again which may be the reason for such good MPG, but who knowsView attachment 1357821
If only clio sport's had such mpg. I go through a tank of fuel in just over a week :(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
I got 16mpg after a 40 minute session on Silverstone GP circuit at the weekend, can get mid 40's if driving sensibly on the road.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been getting 40mpg in my 172 driving like a lady. But now after 200 miles it’s down to about 34 haha.

My dCi 100 will see about 89mpg if on a long motorway run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

172 Ph2
How accurate is the on board mpg gauge?
I just did a round trip from Suffolk to Cornwall, getting approx 42 mpg @ around 70mph on the way there using BP and Tesco premium.
And 45-47mpg on the return trip using Esso standard unleaded.

Last edited:
  A Class AMG Line
How accurate is the on board mpg gauge?
I just did a round trip from Suffolk to Cornwall, getting approx 42 mpg @ around 70mph on the way there using BP and Tesco premium.
And 45-47mpg on the return trip using Esso standard unleaded.
FIairly accurate if you’ve just reset it. If it hasn’t been reset it can stick at an average and will take quite a lot to get it to change

2003 Clio 172
Low 30s on my 2003 172. Was reading in the high teens when I reset it, although it's gradually crept back up.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Pleasantly surprised by the little 182. Last week average was 36mpg on a 16mile trip to work, 5 miles ish of dual A3 and then light traffic either side. I was chuffed with the 36mpg. However two new lambda's later and yesterday on the same journey did 44mpg driving carefully.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Mines sat on 38 at the mo. 16 mile commute, max speed 40 and lots of queuing to work. Reverse trip at 4.30am so er, yeah a bit different! I dunno what's happened recently, fit the first two years of ownership I couldn't get over 35mpg, even in a run. I've probably lost 50bhp?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Mines sat on 38 at the mo. 16 mile commute, max speed 40 and lots of queuing to work. Reverse trip at 4.30am so er, yeah a bit different! I dunno what's happened recently, fit the first two years of ownership I couldn't get over 35mpg, even in a run. I've probably lost 50bhp?

You're either super economical at 4AM or the complete opposite!

Clio mk3 1.4
New here but a mk3 clio 1.4
Around town i get 33mpg but on the motorway at around 80mph i get 40mpg. Not bad coming from my first car which was a shitbox corsa 1.0 with 59hp.

Clio mk2 1.5 dci 80
Hi Guys,

Decided on starting this thread as I want to know compared to others how economical, or un-eco as it may be, my Dyna is.
Got a 2003 1.6 Dynamique 3 door. Trip tells me 40.9 mpg average atm, has been 42 at best the other week, but 38 I would say is my stone average roughly. I don't drive it hard either, quite hard, but mainly dual carriageway stuff so can be sitting at high speeds rather than thrasing 1st, 2nd and 3rd out.

End up filling up around £35 every 4 days, but thats partly cause I work 22 or so miles away :(

How does yours compare? :approve:
Whats your average, best and how often you fill up?

Thanks,

Pete.
Depends how I drive really, when I first got the car had an addative in the fuel and drove to save fuel I had 82 mpg but usually sits around 72 now with 63-65mpg when I'm out having fun. I have a 2003 mk2 clio 1.5dci 80

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Currently seeing 33mpg in my dCi 175 and that's a mix of motorway and town driving but I've been driving like a right c**t and giving it hammer because the DPF keeps wanting to static regen like a bellend

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Clio 172 Cup
Consistent 40 mpg over a tank. That's taking it steady on the motorway (60 mph speed limits in force) and then having a bit of fun on the NSL lanes. The mpg calculator was indicating 49 today so I might get better than 40 mpg this tank. Really impressed with the 172 for fuel economy.

Megane RS250 CUP
Averaged 40.9 mpg over 6000 miles, 182 FF. I commute 50 miles a day to work on A+B roads, although most of it is through the New Forest so 40mph speed limit :whistle: