ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

FF Clio 182
I used to do a daily commute from Stockton on Tees to Newcastle and would usually get about 72mpg doing 60mph in my 1.5dci - (86hp 5 speed) I've managed to get it up to 83mpg by employing some hypermiling techniques - sticking in close behind a big truck, speeding up on a downhill and maintaing the speed going up, coming off the gas before traffic lights etc. I was well impressed by the 83 but to be honest i was knackered afterwards, required way too much attention to the road!

My commute is quite close now, 14 mile round trip and averaging 64ish - all trip computed so probs a bit lower! £60 a month in diesel so not to shabby me thinks!

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
i get between 38-42 mpg in my 172 Cup going to work on a 15 mile trip. All single carriage roads following slow people bearing in mind lol

Nissan 350Z
18 mile journey to work each day - 30 - 35 MPG depending on how much I "enjoy" the car on the way. Ph1 172. West End of Newcastle to South Shields.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
sat on 40.9 average over last 1200 miles currently in the 172 phase 1, that's sort of mixed driving, 12 mile commute on a roads, motorway stuff and b road blasts for a giggle occasionally

Vee

Mk2 V6 #007
The vee's average 21mpg, on a motorway trip will rise to 24. Lowest when around town or stretching its legs will be 18 so it doesnt really change much.

Surprised at the relatively low figures that some fowk have posted up through the thread, the vee doesnt seem to bad after all :)

ITB BG 182
18mpg LOL.... This weekend has seen an all time low of 14.4mpg.

Yes i was giving it some for the whole duration of the weekend....

182 Cup, Camaro Z28
done 1K in 182 cup so far and its averaging about 39 mpg, commute to work, I do set off early so no traffic into Leeds...

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Saturday just gone I got up to 51.7 from Portsmouth to Southampton driving like an absoulte *****, now it's dropped to 37

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I've crept up another 0.2 to 41.1 over the weekend and hit a nice milestone, 111111 miles on the clock :)

Clio RS200
Managed to get 40.1mpg average :)

Reset the trip computer and stayed at 65mph for a couple of miles.

Shame its not that normally, combined seems to be 33-35 which is not so bad I guess!

Averaged 42.3 last week, done 190 something miles on 30quid. My Mrs don't get much more out of her 1.2 punto lol.

ph2 172
A mixed drive down to Norwich last week i saw 46.2 in my 172. :approve:
Often see around 32ish tootling around tho and unfortunatley down to 26 at times too.

Clio 172
iv avareged 37.5 over 330 miles in the cup :D thats giving it some at least once a day as well lol more than happy with that!

Rusty Cup
If i drive in an enjoyable fashion but still loosely within speed limits i'll see 24 or so mpg If i granny it i'll be knocking on the door of 30mpg.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Got 39mpg on a run down 180 mile run down the A1 followed by some back roads home. Does that seem about right? Was running on 95ron unfortunately as they don't do Super in the poor north ;)

Just filled the 182 up - got 43.73 litres in and had done 416.3 miles which works out at 43.2MPG.
The on board computer said 44.2MPG.

That's about 60% motorway 40% normal roads.

Clio RS200
Just filled the 182 up - got 43.73 litres in and had done 416.3 miles which works out at 43.2MPG.
The on board computer said 44.2MPG.

That's about 60% motorway 40% normal roads.

Such a difference between the 182 and the 200 if this is accurate.

Resetting it on the motorway and poodling at 65mph in 6th still won't hit much above 40mpg bang on.

Mine is 60% motorway and 40% town and the average is currently on 32mpg.

Such a difference between the 182 and the 200 if this is accurate.

Resetting it on the motorway and poodling at 65mph in 6th still won't hit much above 40mpg bang on.

Mine is 60% motorway and 40% town and the average is currently on 32mpg.

Don't see why it won't be accurate - I've not made it up! The extra 200kgs of the clio 3 RS are it's downfall here - and don't they have really short ratios like 70mph = 4000rpm in 6th?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My town driving stuck at a completely stable 26mpg... however been driving a couple of counties away for a few weeks whilst doing a training course and it's now sitting on 31mpg :) sure it will gradually come back down though.

Clio 182
Just made a trip from Darlington to Edinburgh:

Total miles traveled: 340 (on red line again)
Full tank from red line: £55 (129.9p per litre)
Average MPG from dash: 36.9
Website MPG calculation: 36.5

Onboard computer seems to calculates the MPG pretty accurately.

I was using cruise control most of the way at around 75mph. Is 37mpg low for a 2004 182? i look at offical figures at it says i should get 45mpg for motorway miles considering is 8 years old??

I average about 38-39mpg in the Sunflower during the week, just tootling around to work, gym, missus etc.

At the weekend, this drops slightly, as I tend to have a bit more fun in it. :p

Ged

PD130 Peach
Been driving my dads Suzuki Jimny this week (small 1.3 petrol 4x4) The way the fuel gauge moved was scaring me compared to my derv, and after a trip to newcastle and back and some other trips, 250 miles had gone by, and also, a full tank!

Calculated 28.5mpg... Not driven hard as there was no point, went slow whatever you did... appart from when vvt kicked in y0...

Still, was shocked...

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I've crept upto 42.0 now and still rising as I settle into the new communte to work in last 500 miles, overall average is over last 2k hence the slow creep up :) may reset soon and just see what I get now average.

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
I've crept upto 42.0 now and still rising as I settle into the new communte to work in last 500 miles, overall average is over last 2k hence the slow creep up :) may reset soon and just see what I get now average.

Lol, Last tank i managed 25.04 :D
But it will do 38 on a run if i take it easy :D

However my trip computer reads 67 mpg the lier lol

Monaco 172
I get between 38 and 42mpg on a daily basis doing normal and bonkers modes of driving. often see 400+ from a tank :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
isn't yours a bit tinkered with however young sir ;)

in the ongoing saga I didn't reset the trip as yet and the car took a pasting up into the peak for climbing last night, so i'm back down at a lowly 41.8 again! :)