ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Personally if I had work the next day I wouldn't be stood in a shop at 12am for a console. I'd get the dpd ticket and get a Saturday delivery upgrade. Anyway, that's not what I said. I said it wasn't cool, nothing to do with choice of sleep or console.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Personally if I had work the next day I wouldn't be stood in a shop at 12am for a console. I'd get the dpd ticket and get a Saturday delivery upgrade. Anyway, that's not what I said. I said it wasn't cool, nothing to do with choice of sleep or console.

But it's cool to dk.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
has ANYONES been delivered early?

My mates has been "out for delivery" since this morning. He is expected it today, its hillarious!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
lol they're ****ing idiots. How can you give a console, leave alone at launch a score.

Well they reviewed the PS4 so it was only fair they reviewed the XBO.

They've been play-testing the machines for weeks apparently, but yeah a lot of the features haven't even been updated or installed yet until tomorrow.

Evo 5 RS
Point 5 better than PS4. So it's the better console, right? NOT NECESSARILY. Don't give it a score then. When did the kids take over.

"Alright Dave, got a PS4 yet?"

"Yeah, 8.7."

What about people who work all day and would miss the delivery and then have to wait until Monday, to be out at work again.....

I agree.

Although I have tomorrow booked off, so no excuse to drive the 50 mile round trip at midnight, alone. But f**k it. I'm a geek.

Ad

MK2 FRS
My DPD order (Game) says dispatched at 9:15 from Newbury :S

Has a delivery date for tomorrow.... feel excited!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Send it to your place of work?
Get your PA to collect it?
i don't work in an office and i don't have a PA?

anyway, i don't go to bed until 1:30am normally so popping out to town (probably 300metres walk) at 12 is no big deal, its not like I'm driving 20 miles at 3am to get it, I'm normally up anyway and its local, just more convenient than screwing around with a courier, nothing about being cool.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Mine's sat 600 yards away with my name on it. Got it with Forza, Ryse and Dead Rising 3. No sleep tonight... apart from the bit whilst I wait for the update to download.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Picking mine up in 2 hours!!!

Getting it with:
FIFA 14
Forza 5
Killer Instinct (full version)
Battlefield 4

Seriously can't wait!!

Ad

MK2 FRS
My DPD order (Game) says dispatched at 9:15 from Newbury :S

Has a delivery date for tomorrow.... feel excited!!

It has arrived through Birmingham and is on the way to my local DPD depot. Hoping for an early delivery in the am!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well after game promising me a forza pack, they couldn't deliver, I have shitty FIFA, never mind.

Not it sure I can be arsed to wait for it to update.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Well after game promising me a forza pack, they couldn't deliver, I have s**tty FIFA, never mind.

Not it sure I can be arsed to wait for it to update.

Thats a bit w**k, did they knock some money off?

What's it like?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Home, unpacked and downloading update now. :) Awesome.

I was the first to preorder here at my local so I got to head the queue. Even got a round of applause! :eek: 0.75MB Net connection doesn't help though... :(

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well you get £10 off a game bought with the console so I ended up buying forza extra and getting £10 off it.

Not unboxed it yet.

They have hundreds of copies of FIFA for £55 too, not sure who they're going to sell those to until the next batch come out I guess without the free FIFA. Might sell mine, should be some value in it.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Home, unpacked and downloading update now. :) Awesome.

I was the first to preorder here at my local so I got to head the queue. Even got a round of applause! :eek: 0.75MB Net connection doesn't help though... :(

lol first impressions?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
lol first impressions?
Cheesy... LOL! My controller has "Day One 2013" written in the middle under the main button. I'll post some pics later. :)

EDIT: It's very quiet (although not doing much) and it's not as big as folks make out. A lot lighter than the original Xbox, too!

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Bloody box was heavy carrying home though, got mine connected up now, doing the update, it's downloading very rapidly, already done 30% since I started typing this.

first impression is the kinect has 3 infrared lights in it pointing at me, already annoyed with them, I'm hoping they go off when the system is off!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Update is 500mb btw, well the first one I am doing is, I'll let you know if there's another one!