ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

There has been alot of tension lately....

Is it just me or does anybody else notice a lot of arguements, quibbles and people generally getting pissed off with others.

I for one feel that if you make a comment, you can expect someone to say something rhetorical/snappy and generally unessesary.

I think alot of people need TO CHILL THE f**k OUT!

thats all.....

Partially it is due to your high profile around here due to your number of posts...

Mainly though, IMO, you do give the impression that if someone does not agree with your view, or they post something you do not totally agree with, you are very quick to disagree. Whilst disagreeing with someone is fine (I think loads of posts I read are completely stupid), posting about them very regularly tends to annoy people after a while, so maybe ignore some stupid replies instead of replying to them all would be prudent.

I might not be guageing the views of others correctly, but that is the impression I get. :)

oh........

well.....thats more than valid.....i didnt realise i annoyed so much.

I only on thsi board so much cause i like it. i think its the beast site in teh world. i leave it running in teh background all day if you wish. ill try keep my posings down....

i just like hearing what people do to their cars, what people think and try help some if there off the road and rummagin in the bushes.....thats all.

im honestly no diagreeing for the sake of it or trying to argue........

but if somebody told you that eggs came from dogs.....would not not try to tell them that they dont....and provide proof if they dont believe you.....i dont argue (at least i hope i dont), but i like to discuss.......

hope i havent given you a bad impresion of myself

naa mate, what bloody difference does it make on your amunt of posts.. people are just being petty, but it still works both ways... if they disagree with your posts then u disagree back, its both ya faults... just take it as a point of view.. nothing more... everyone does as they like and ask for opinions on here, and thats all they are.....

simple as that, bitchin aint worth the hassle....

and if its clear someone wants too just ignore them and talk to everyone else instead .. theyll get the message then...

i personally have no problem with anyone on this forum... and dont intend to.

Bit harsh on Ben R, Ben R has alot of knowledge that most of us dont so his posts are always read by loadsa people with interest, including me.....so dont you worry Ben

why aint i a member!!

LOL....cause my clio is in bits in me garage!!!

when its back together (hopefully before the end of this year) i will be joining....as i current dont HAVE a clio on teh road...

im mostly in my XR2 as its a bit more fun than a clio with no doors and engine LOL!

but im hoping to sell it and get a 16V........

BMW 320d Sport

Ben - in this thread and others you have proved yourself a straight-up geezer, Marks on the ball with what he said, but youre man enough to take it and smoke the pipe of piece so stick with it mate. Your comments and experience are valued by many Cliosport members and forum users so no worries. BTW You dont have to have an on-the-road Clio to be a member, and membership costs are gonna have to go up a bit sometime soon to cover the extra costs of running a club with so many members! So join today!;)

Nick: Cheers! just been felling a bit odd thats all...some snide comments and all......and my whole side of my father family died in a place crash recetly......a bit iffy saying the least.

Dan: LOL.....u got an XR2!!!!

you need to join the XROC!

but iw ont be selling it, its ace, i got big grp 2 arches to go on, then a new head im picking up on the way to bristol etc etc.

But its caspian blue, a very rare colour, and alos got the really really rare "storm" interior which not may MK1 have......and i go and get abig ciggie burn in it!!! DOH!

ben... bloody hell mate! bad news!!

but still join, it could make u feel better! + whats a fiver get ya now anyway?

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 28 September 2002

Is it just me or does anybody else notice a lot of arguements, quibbles and people generally getting pissed off with others.

I for one feel that if you make a comment, you can expect someone to say something rhetorical/snappy and generally unessesary.

I think alot of people need TO CHILL THE f**k OUT!

thats all.....
LOL !

The same problem happens in France , where a moron with a Polo G40 , who has been kicked tens of time on tracks by the RS Team , still claims his car is the best...:mad:

Many kids also on supercars.net where I discuss with the webmaster of Dauer website (the dauer 962LM is a fuc*ing missile !) , many insults and so on.

Seems like you can prevent some people from being assholes.

haha!!

the dauer!

thats got some sill 0-60 time of 2.8 secs or something aint it? and a full LM car with licence plates! haha

GR7

Shiny red R32

Ben, firstly I am deeply sorry to hear about some members of your family dying in an air crash.

Please dont worry about feeling that some people are bitching at you, there is always going to be criticism aimed at someone, isnt that partly what these discussion boards are for?

Please dont take it to heart, because if you stopped posting messages, you would be missed, as I think that people like you, ChavyBoy, Wongy, Captain Slarty and Craggy are some of the best "characters" on here. In particular you and the Captain appear to be extremely knowledgable on technical details. I got the feeling that Joe was upset earlier, but I havent looked in for a while.

Did you get my e-mails and message? I have sent you pictures of my friends GT Turbo bought today. It holds the record for the fastest quarter mile, up to 1,600cc, at the Crail Thrashes. Gorgeous shade of blue too. Looks cool next to the Raider.

:cool:

Keep up the good work Ben, i notice that you are on a hell of alot!! I have followed some of the posts where some of the comments have been and I think that they were harsh as an opinion is an opinion right or wrong and no one has the right to knock you for it.

VW Transporter 174

Ben,face facts mate its very clique-y on this forum.

The place doesnt seem the same since the the changeover with the new nazi moderaters barking out their orders like there on scoobynet.

What also pi55es me off is this star system,making us 1 star peps look like second class citizens . the only reason i can think of for the system is to inflate the egos of some sad bast8rds that need a ranking to raise their low self esteem. None of this bollx with the cap would of happened on my forum,it would have been settled behind the sences by private message instead of doing all your dirty washing in public.

172 Slayer

GR7

Shiny red R32

16vClio, dont forget that some people, Ben and me included, have our computers at work as well as at home and if things are quiet at work we log on and join in with the chat! Some folk only have one computer and dont have the same opportunity of being online all day! I often look in whilst watching TV as well. Apologies for being too "chatty"!!

I wasnt having a dig I am one here all the time as well, it is really good the people are friendly, there is loads of info out there, all in all a quality forum, I am on here all the time at work!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

If people were too quiet it would be very boring, dont you agree 16v Clio? You only need to read those things that are of interest to you, and fast forward through the remainder.

I really hope that Captain Slarty is still around, as his knowledge and witty comments all add to the character of this forum.

I agree completely, that is why my postings have incresed recently, I have never really been on that many forums, but I cannot get away from this one!!! It is charcters like the Captain and Ben that make the Forums what they are and they or anyone else should never feel as though they are being victimised for posting alot, the more posts the better if you ask me!!!

Jeezuz - bit of a can of worms youve opened BenR....but thats what makes the forum so good, its not just techy talk all the time....I think this forum is da best ( ahh :) ) loadsa cool people with all sorts of knowledge who genuinely try to help others out, if people post at work like Ben R and Girl Racer then thats cool, they are the forum regulars who have good stuff to say!!

( also GIRL RACER, theres a topic iam posting to you in Off Topic forum about your GT Turbo, dont wanna get told off for posting things in here not about clios :) )

her raider is nice aint it!!

i got first dibs when she gives up......;)...aint that right GR.....LOL....

anyway......was a big can o worms!! LOL

you get to see what some people really think about you and your demeaner (spelling).......so, i think it makes you a better person if you know what what......

and people like slayer.....i think hes great.....stirs the mud really heavily....and even adds some dung to it....but its what makes this forum so addictive!!

a bloody interactive soap!!! LOL

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 28 September 2002

haha!!

the dauer!

thats got some sill 0-60 time of 2.8 secs or something aint it? and a full LM car with licence plates! haha
Well , it is a bit more complicated than that.

At the end of 1993 , Jochen Dauer did his 962 , inspired by the 962C .It was a 100% road car.

In 1994 , when Porsche realise there was a failure in the ACO rules , they engaged the car as Dauer-Porsche 962C , both car finished with a great 1-2 overall.

Since then , Dauer does the car with Porsche 962 chassis and engine , the body and interior is made by Dauer , the car is sold as a Dauer.

13 have been made out pf a production of 50 cars.

A new version of 900hp thx to a displacement upgrade is going to be launched.

And it does 2.6s from 0 to 100kmh , and has toped 404.6kmh at Ehra-Lessen...

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

aaah... slayer upset he only got 1 star...!

To try and explain the star system: When you set the forum up, the user that has permissions to add forums, change configuration settings, etc automatically gets 5 stars. The normal user once signed up has 1 star. This leaves 2 and 3 stars left for you to play with. 4 stars are automatic for forum moderators and cant be changed. People always wanted to know who were members, so I made 2 stars for members and 3 stars for area reps, so people know who do the organising and who to direct messages to re: meetings.

So if you feel inadequate slayer, pay the fiver and join the club (you dont need a Clio anyway), or are you scared that well know who you are and what crappy car you drive if u do that?!!! :D

Quote: Originally posted by 172 slayer on 29 September 2002

The place doesnt seem the same since the the changeover with the new nazi moderaters barking out their orders like there on scoobynet.

What also pi55es me off is this star system,making us 1 star peps look like second class citizens . the only reason i can think of for the system is to inflate the egos of some sad bast8rds that need a ranking to raise their low self esteem. None of this bollx with the cap would of happened on my forum,it would have been settled behind the sences by private message instead of doing all your dirty washing in public.

172 Slayer
Im sorry Slayer, but you are WAY out of line there!

I for one believe that keeping things in the correct forum benefits everyone. I dont have the time to be around here for hours on end trawling through all the posts, and it is good if I can go straight to an area where things are going to be of interest to me at that time.

It was getting to the point where it was impossible to keep track of what was going on, and it ended up with everyone posting in the general forum, and then cross-posting into, say, meetings & events which is not a good way to run things as some people post in one and some in the other - if there is one thread about something you are not going to miss things. Also, if you posted in the general and came back 2 hours later your post was on page 3 with no responses because most people only look on page 1 - thus losing out on the whole point of this forum.

Getting a more rigid structure in place is a must when you get to a certain size, or the whole thing will fall in a heap in a very short space of time.

Also, on the stars front - this was asked for by a number of members, and I for one think it is a great thing - and I dont have 8 stars or anything! I like to know who are members are who are not - as in the end it is the MEMBERS who pay for this site and this board to exist, so I for one think that I should know who they are - and people like you should appreciate them a little more as they put their money where their mouth is.

If you dont like the Nazis over here then dont bother coming back - Im sure the majority of people around here wont mind one little bit. ;)

S2000

172 Slayer
There are no "new moderators" (ill ignore the nazi bit). The changeover is simply to a new design of forum, more stable reliable etc. And I dont really find it clique-y as such either. Obviously the people that can be bothered to go to meets (regularly) others will get to know better than if they are just typing messages to them on here and if you know people then you will post to them on here as such. Doesnt mean you have anything against the people you havent met just because you might not talk to them in the same way.

BMW 320d Sport

Exactly - Mark couldnt have put it better - if anyones so upset about having 1 star that they have to make a big fuss then maybe they should join the club. It must be nice to be able to use a lively, active forum for nothing and then go on to sl*g off the way its run, while the whole time its the actual paid-up members who are the ones who keep it going through their subs.

Maybe this is news to some people, but the great free internet actually costs money to run when youre talking about an online community as big as Cliosport; people are quick enough to complain when a forum goes down regularly but dont think about whos keeping the server online, who has to get onto the hosting company for days on end to solve overload problems etc. Also Geoffs right about the supposed cliquey nature of the forum - many of us on here have actually met each other face to face, maybe once, maybe dozens of times. I know not all the members can make the quarter mile days, trips abroad, local and national meets, rolling road days etc that we do and if they would rather just use our online facilities then thats fine with me.

But I dont see how someone who hasnt put in the effort to join the club or has never been able to turn up to one of the meetings can really complain if the Cliosport members seem to get on better and have a more pally relationship with each other...thats just sour grapes.

VW Transporter 174

LOL Jas

I do love reading your posts,however ill- informed they are ;)
Ive got this image in my head of you as some grining gimp at Mcdonalds with his badge with 5 stars on it :)
They are juvenile -bin them!

172 Slayer

Leon Cupra

Personally I think Scoobynet have done very well to get where they are today and would be pleased if Cliosport could get as big. Maybe a year ago when the Cliosport community was not as big the old forum style worked very well, but now with so many people posting you have to have some sort of forum rules and people to police the forums. You have to make change to make progress.

Tim.