ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

THESEXPISTOL's Black 2.2 Clio 1.5 dCi 100bhp (Pic heavy)

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
Hi guys, i know my clio isn't blue like a 172/182 but that doesn't mean i don't like as much.
The car was bought in (very) late 2003 by my dad. His job demanded a small, cheap, fast yet economical car with diesel engine. This clio was the perfect fit.
After 5.000 miles he took the car to a co-worker and friend who's an engineer and decided to remap the car. The result was outstanding, the increase of torque was really great, and now from 65km/h on he could go on 5th gear what helped a help in fuel economy.
This is what i know from the past of the car.

In 2007 the car had 130.000miles and few months before i get my license my dad decided to buy himself a new car (he has other car needs now) and offered me the clio.
We had a rough start, the next day after i got my driving license, a group of gypsies tryied to steal me the car when i stopped the car at a crossing zebra to allow them to cross the street. They were 5 and tried to open the car doors and carjack me, in less than 2 or 3 seconds they broke my door openers and dent my doors with kicks. Thanks to Renault auto-lock system i saved myself and the car. I pressed charges against unknown people, later i knew they were arrested for other crimes.
At first and without any experience at drive i thought he was giving just a used car. Little i knew, when i got my license i was surprised by how well the car went and the power of a 100bhp remaped diesel engine. The fuel consumption was around 5.5L per 100kms with normal driving and i really wanted to push it (drive like a lunatic) was 7.5L per 100kms. This is was the best of both worlds for a student without any income.
During the first year i used the car daily for college trips. I use to make 150kms trips around 3x or 4x a week, sometimes more. Those were the times where i really learned a lot about driving.

One day i was at 50mph and went by a corner in the highway access, the tarmac was a little bit wet, but i went through there a lot of times sometimes a lot faster, that day luckly i was with few gas and going slower than usual. That's when i caught some oil on the tarmac and the back of the car started to dance with me, i controled the car twice, but it was like i was on butter, i then realized i could get no grip, none at all, the back spilled again and knewing i was going to crash i went for 2nd gear and that slowed the car a heck lot. After half a donut i hitted the side-rail really slow and what could be a serious crash turned only into a bad memory. The tires were new Firestone Firehawk, then i found the spot with the oil and informed the autorities to clean it.
Here's the pics of the crash:

crashcs2.jpg

crashcs1.jpg

1st mod - Lowered the car (May 2009) (Don't know much info about this, got to ask the mechanic):

The car was fixed and lowered and this pictures are from half a year later

Stock look:

backoldcs.jpg

Stock alloys with brand new Yokohama Parada Spec 2 (BEST TIRE EVER!) :

wheelscs.jpg

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
Stock look:
oldcliocs.jpg

2nd mod - Silver bullets (1 year ago)

bulletscs.jpg

3rd mod - Black Alloys and Carbon Fiber badges and lettering (1 month ago)
I let someone of my family drive and car, and they blowed one tyre and dent the whole rim by hitting a sidewalk.
Since i've got no money for new alloys (i still have wet dreams with OZ Superturismo and Speedline turinis) i decided to paint the alloys black, at first i was thinking white, but then i knew it would had to be black.
With some little cash i decided to do a few things i wanted to. I want to make the car different, but not chessy, subtle look makes it for me.
Despite the RS Grille i don't intend to go for the RS look. I don't have the money and i don't want to turn my car a wannabe.

editedold.jpg

Last edited:
  clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
Full speed on trackday:
24022010154.jpg

Full speed on "tracknight" (running on some performance diesel):
profilepic775971gif.jpg

Future Plans:

-Carbon Fiber on the mirror caps.
-Paint RS Grille
-Silver brake calipers and black drums.

Will keep posting any changes. Post your opinion and if you have any question i will be happy to answer.

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
214k miles, congrats

That's on kilometers ant92m. We use metric system over here.

Really smart, has the whole car been painted? I wish I started off with a DCi.

After the crash the damaged panels were, and of course the others have been sprayed too, otherwise you could notice the difference between the fresh painted ones and the ones with old paint.
I'm thinking about painting the car next Spring, mostly because some smart*ss smashed his door against my left side-panel at the college park.

I would always prefeer a dci to a 1.2 16v or other petrol engines. Would only trade it by a 172/182 2.0.
You need to take good care of the engine though, dci engines aren't very forgiving with bad maintaince.

I will keep this car forever if i'm able to, maybe when if get a new car i will adapt this to a trackday only car with proper equipment. :race:

Last edited:
  clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
Wait.. Isn't that about 135mph or there abouts?

Yep :rasp:
131mph in the first picture running on regular diesel, and around 139/140mph running on some performance diesel got by a friend for that specific track-day(night). It was pricey at 2,5€ per liter but it was totally worth it. The engine was near 4500rpm when the passenger took the picture, never pushed the car so hard before and after that.

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
Sorry what? 140mph in a 1.5 diesel? What sort of map is on it :eek:

Dunno really.
In the first pic where it goes at 208/209kmh it was running on regular diesel and on 195/R15 Yokohama Parada Spec2 tyres.

In the second picture where it goes at 223kmh it was running with performance diesel got from a friend that raced on that same day, he explained that this diesel was much more richer than the one you find in your local gas station and it has a lot of other aditives. He also said i could expect a little more black smoke from the exhaust, what i later confirmed. That day i was also going with smaller tyres and wheels than usual 165/R14 Dunlop Eagle F1 tyres.
I already have been told by some people that this speed is not that much accurate because the car speedometer is very prone to error.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I see. yeah changing the wheel size alters the speedo too i think.

cant be that far off it though, and from a 1.5 derv, thats great :D

I see. yeah changing the wheel size alters the speedo too i think.

cant be that far off it though, and from a 1.5 derv, thats great :D
Speedo isn't that accurate Its about 10% out at high speed

208 but with a 7% inaccuracy thats about right Ive seen 200kmph on a gps on mine
Changing the tyres would be about 1% so not a huge difference

You rev out rarther than not have enough power.

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
Shame you smashed your motor mate but looking very very nice now!

I really like the carbon fibre on the diamond:p x

Thanks. It will look better with carbon fiber mirrors, i'm doing it soon.
Here's some better pics, i never was that much of a photographer.
Also shoot a 10sec video, posting it soon.

renaultcs2.jpg

renaultcs.jpg

cliocs3.jpg

Welcome to the forum, car looks great! I think the ride height is spot on, must suprise a lot of people too with the remap!

Do you mind me asking where you're posting from? We don't have this model in the UK (we have the DCI 100 but not with those wheels & red seats)

In the second picture where it goes at 223kmh ...smaller tyres and wheels than usual 165/R14 Dunlop Eagle F1 tyres.

I see. yeah changing the wheel size alters the speedo too i think.cant be that far off it though, and from a 1.5 derv, thats great :D

137.5 MPH indicated on 165/50/14 when it's supposed to run 195/50/15 is actually 124 MPH :eek: 172/182/197/200 owners can breathe a sigh of relief haha :p Have a play around, it's quite interesting: http://www.astraownersclub.com/tyresize.php

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
Welcome to the forum, car looks great! I think the ride height is spot on, must suprise a lot of people too with the remap!

Got some interesting stories actually, specially with similar diesel clios, 1.6 PSA engines (C4,Mini One D, 307), and heavier cars with 1.6TDI like some golfs and MK1 leons and ibizas.
Everyone loves an underdog.

Even if the dci could achieve the max speed of the RS versions that would take a loooot longer.

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
I'm curious about how do spacers would look.
Could somebody explain me how do wheel spacers affect the car handling and behavior? :race:

Thanks