ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of buying a mk1 172 ... is this worth it?

EP3 Civic Type R
hi all,

ive been interested in a mk1 for some time now, not wanting to spend over 5-6k really the mk1 front end i like very much i thought this seems like a nice car to go for

I used to own a 150bhp 106gti so i like my hot hatch's

ive found a 2000 W example ... slightly on the high mileage side at 80k ... car has just had MoT full service 4 new tyres .... seems interior is very good condition (only saw at night) and its coming from a independant dealer with 6 months warranty .... i can get it for 3900 cash ... it is up for 4495 at the moment ... does this sound okay? what should i be looking for

it has a small ding in the passenger door and a few stone chips in the front, but nothing unexpected from a 6 year old car

any help apreciated?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i would say, for around 5k you could get a better example,ie less miles etc

just look for the usual, oil leaks, any knocks or bangs etc

Golf R/Leon FR
seems a good price but id go look at it in the day time to get a better look.

but you can get better for around 5k
i bought mine in april last year for £5800 with 40k on the clock

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
They are a really good buy.Depreciation has already been paid by someone else and they look nice too.Lokk on autotrader and find a low mile one

ian

if its got its cambelt doen by someone who knows what there doing then I'd buy it seems a good value. Still try and push for £3.75k

EP3 Civic Type R
cheers guys.... has had timing belt done ... and gearbox recon done ... reckon i can get for 3800 cash with a years warranty (private will not get this) need to decide tomorrow night if its on

Ad

MK2 FRS
Id search a bit harder or look to haggle close to the 4k mark for that if i was you.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=RENAULT&model=CLIO&variant=&keywords=172&min_pr=5000&max_pr=6000&mileage=4&agerange=&postcode=nn15+5lu&miles=10&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH
that one is literally on my door step, i live a mile down the road. i went to look at it about 3 weeks ago and it really is in lovely nick. was owned by an 80 year old man before so its not been ragged at all, and only got 32000 on the clock. over serviced too.

not the dynamique, obviously.