ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of buying another Renaultsport Clio

3 MPS, MX5
I am selling my partners big spec 197 as I've just bought a mk2 Mazda MPS which she'll have in the spring when I get a new car but have also been offered an MX5 Sport Tech CC at a really good price (too good to turn down) which I'm picking up next week for her. Anyway I was thinking of getting a 182 for her to use in bad weather over the winter as I've been breifly looking at used cars and can't believe the asking prices now.

What would the average realistic buying price be for a good condition 2004 and 2005 preferably with cup packs with reasonable mileage and had the cambelt done?

3 MPS, MX5
I suppose the lack of response I guess is because the ones that have sold don't post anymore.

3 MPS, MX5
Looking at the cars for sale threads it looks like 04 cars are priced around £3500 and £4000 for 05 cars, would this be roughly the sold prices for decent cars with the cambelt done with cup packs?

RB 182
I'd say the sold prices are probably £500 less than that. You might pay £4k for a low mileage one in a desireable colour or you might be able to pick up a higher mileage silver or artic blue 182 for nearer £3k. You're correct the used prices are insane ATM it's a lot of car for the money. I would say a cup is worth typically £500 less than the equivalent cup packed 182 as you lose a lot of luxuries for no gain (other than price)

That's all in my opinion but hope that helps.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Why not just buy a set of winter wheels and tyres for one of the existing cars that you can use for years to come?

3 MPS, MX5
I'd say the sold prices are probably £500 less than that. You might pay £4k for a low mileage one in a desireable colour or you might be able to pick up a higher mileage silver or artic blue 182 for nearer £3k. You're correct the used prices are insane ATM it's a lot of car for the money. I would say a cup is worth typically £500 less than the equivalent cup packed 182 as you lose a lot of luxuries for no gain (other than price)

That's all in my opinion but hope that helps.

I wouldn't want a cup but a FF with cup pack, I like the goodies. I've had a few Clio's (172, 2 x 182's, 197 and mk2 V6) so I know what they come with etc but if I could get a decent one that doesn't need money spending on for £3k ish that would be great over the winter.

3 MPS, MX5
I cant get my head around why you're buying your partner 3 cars

She wouldn't be having 3 cars.

I have a Mercedes CLS 500 which will be terrible in the snow so I bought the MPS to use over the winter, so the initial plan was for her to have the MPS in the spring next year to replace her current 197 and I get something fun for the summer. The MX5 offer threw a spanner in the works so the 197 will be going now in place of that BUT this would not be good in snow either hence the reason for a cheap front wheel drive for her to use and a bit of fun for me.

3 MPS, MX5
You want a winter car? Get an Evo 10!

An Evo 10 is a little bit more than £3k:clown:

I did consider a V10 S8 instead of the CLS but I want a 997 cab next year so would lose loads on an S8 in just a few months as I'd have to sell it in the spring.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Well from my experience clios are RUBBISH in the snow, you can get a Mitsubishi GTO for ~5k, that should be good in the snow.

And with a 3.0 twin turbo, fun as well :)

3 MPS, MX5
Is the GTO 4 wheel drive? still over budget and would be old.

The Clio would be much better than the rear wheel drive MX5.

Mx5 probably won't be much different to the 182 in the snow tbh. For a winter hack you need something with skinny tires.

3 MPS, MX5
Mx5 probably won't be much different to the 182 in the snow tbh. For a winter hack you need something with skinny tires.

The only way the MX5 wouldn't be much difference to the Clio in the snow is if you drive in reverse everywhere. My partner's sister has a mk3 MX5 and she got completely stuck last year in the snow and said it was hopeless. I have had many Audi Quattros over the years but last year was one of the few times I didn't have a Quattro. The VXR8 that I had at the time didn't come out of the garage as that was going anywhere in the snow but we had a Seat Leon BTCC with 18" BBS alloys and 225 tyres on and that was absolutley brilliant in the snow, so I can't see why the Clio wouldn't be just as good.

3 MPS, MX5
A 4motion of any description be it tdi or R32 would be too much for a winter car, and I'm sure a Clio will manage fine over the winter.

Passat
I was thinking the 2.7 V6 to be honest. About 4k for a good one. Shouldn't cost you much more than a Clio if you're only keeping it for 6 months.

3 MPS, MX5
If you mean the Golf 2.8 4motion, nice car at the time but they are quite old now and that wood interior isn't very modern looking.

I think I will look out for the right 182.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
If you mean the Golf 2.8 4motion, nice car at the time but they are quite old now and that wood interior isn't very modern looking.

I think I will look out for the right 182.

Just don't drive it in the snow ;)

Abarth 500 Esseesse
The right 182 for winter? Surely that'd be one fitted with winter tyres then?

Get a Panda 4x4

Passat
I think he's getting a Clio guys. I'm starting to think that this was a 'Look how many cars ive got' thread.

3 MPS, MX5
I don't quite get the sarcastic comments:nono:

My question wasn't which car would be best for the winter or snow. I simply asked about the Clio 182 prices at present and explained why I wanted to buy one, and why some of you were trying to suggest different cars surprises me as this is a Clio forum and I asked the question under the Clio discussion catagory.

3 MPS, MX5
cant u work out how much they are worth using your own initiative?

There are a lot of 182's for sale so I know how much people are advertising them for but ask here which is probably the biggest 172/182 forum for how much they are actually selling for.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Strange thread. I say buy the cheapest you can get with belts done.

Crazy thought I know.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
FLOL at Clios being crap in the snow comment. Either you can't drive or you haven't bought winter tyres. They are brilliant. Especially the diesel and F4R engined ones as they have loads of weight over the drive wheels.