ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This Should Be Fun....................

Skyline R32 GT-R
Hi Guys,

As you might guess from my username on here im more used to building,racing and repairing Skyline GT-R's........but as my wife has just bought a 172 Cup I thought id better join up on here. We have not even collected the car yet and we have both started buying modifications...........I want it to be running as near to a "Real" (Read....dyno proven) 200bhp as possible........and if that still doest frightn me we might add a whiff of Nos into the mix!!

I look forward to learning about these little shoes from you guys!!

l8rs...>GodzillaR32:cool:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
If you want 200bhp< you will need to do one of the following, as well as a decent exhaust and other bits and bobs like solid engine mounts etc. The options below are listed in price order, cheapest first. Figures are ATF.

- RS2 Manifold, plus 197 cams or MWM Cam timing and MWM map; if its a strong engine you'll just get 200bhp.
- ITBs, with cams and aftermarket ECU will get you over 200bhp. ITBs alone and you may get lucky and break 200bhp.
- turbo / supercharger with aftermarket ECU, dependant on spec will get you between 220bhp to 300bhp. If you cut corners, it will go pop so budget a healthy amount.

Whats the car primarily going to be used for? As I'd recommend plenty of other mods before you start chasing the '200 bhp' figure, primarily suspension and brakes. In truth, unless you're planning on keeping it a while, or have a money tree, tuning these engines can be expensive and a little pointless at times.

Welcome along, you can bin that manifold you bought unfortunately chap.

Last edited:
  Skyline R32 GT-R
Thanks for the info guys. The cost to get to a "Constant" 200BHP is why I think we will leave the engine fairly standard and fit a 50 shot of progressively controlled NOS......to be used when we really need the extra power. Having spend silly silly silly money on the GTR the clio isnt going to be fed from my non-existant money tree........and yet, little miss naughty is my wife................although after seeing some of her pics posted up on here before i joined im not sure shes putting across the right impression to you guys!!! lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What series did you race the skyline in?

Nitrous is great stuff, Ive been using it for about 15 years now, but I only ever use it to make a very fast car stupidly fast, not to make a slow car fast, if you put 50bhp on the clio you will just empty bottle after bottle and it still not be quick I suspect, turbo would be a better option really.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
^Chip's right.

Unless you've got access to an N20 factory you're going to need deep pockets anyway!

I see from your profile you're also a RC fan? Got anything interesting?

Welcome by the way ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive got a six foot tall refill bottle I use for nitrous, and when I was running it on 150bhp cars with a 50bhp nitrous jet, I was getting through it in a few weeks sometimes, properly expensive hobby.

Epic stuff if its just for drag racing though where you only need it for a dozen seconds at a time or whatever.

Skyline R32 GT-R
lol....good banter guys...cheers. When I say racing the skyline I have never entered in a series as such, just track days and RWYB sessions. To be honest im scared of breaking the dammn thing!!

Turbos are great but i just cant justify spending twice the value of the car on a kit.................its bonkers!!

Skyline R32 GT-R
Thanks Wifey....................fancy seeing you on here!! Im glad youve now removed all your dodgy pics u mare..........

Skyline R32 GT-R
lol.............

As to RC "Toys"......ive got nitro and brushless cars and buggys, brushless boats and a good few too many helicopters.