ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Those adverts for car insurance comparison sites - go away !

Utter crap, with crap annoying ads:mad:

When I was looking a while ago, none of them were any good to me, the closest I could get when I looked was 3.5k hmm, no deal !!
I pay under £700 on it :lolup:

My then current insurer wouldn't touch me (well more like they weren't on the preferred list :rolleyes: lol)

They do my head in, every other ad is for one:dapprove: The folk that they are aimed at are the folk who don't have the brain power to think "If I go direct to that company it might be less"

^ with what company ?? Did you go to that company direct for a quote ?

Confused.com is an insurance company (or at least part of one too btw)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
they threw up privilege for me... phoned them after and they said the online quite (through confused) would be cheaper than they could do over the phone! so ordered on net, job done!

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
I got a churchill quote off tesco compare, that was £78 cheaper than my renewal so they matched it. They even knew every search i'd done changing milage and everything to see if it made any difference to prices.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
The only way they are helpful for me is that I went direct to the cheapest one on confused.com and saved a few hundred on the confused price.

Still had to make sure it was the cheapest quote by searching EVERY other insurance company online. Apparently some people don't even look elsewhere and just go with their renewal :eek:

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
yeah churchill tried to auto renew my insurance!
I only pay £159.60 full comp so i dont get to save much really!

The only way they are helpful for me is that I went direct to the cheapest one on confused.com and saved a few hundred on the confused price.

Still had to make sure it was the cheapest quote by searching EVERY other insurance company online. Apparently some people don't even look elsewhere and just go with their renewal :eek:
Yep, i've never understood folk who just to that, they must have money to waste :S

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I don't think confused is very good for sporty cars tbh, my parents both get good deals through it

I wouldn't really consider my 1.4 sporty :eek: think I've been too young for good deals on it in the past.

yeah churchill tried to auto renew my insurance!
I only pay £159.60 full comp so i dont get to save much really!

Yep, i've never understood folk who just to that, they must have money to waste :S

I saved £140 on my renewal price yet staying with the same company by getting a quote as a new customer on their website. Don't think they were expecting to be beaten on price, esp by themselves, when I rang up lol At least they didn't argue and accepted it straight away .

E36 328
i got a quote of 2300 through endsleigh on my 306 last renewal date (two crashes) and when i called them they knocked a grande off :D:D:D was well pleased!

LY V6 with Recaros
I can't stand them, I don't even bother getting quotes through them. The cheapest quote I got through one on my 182 was over 2k, and I paid £700 for it the first year I had it!

When I worked for the car dealers all the customers got quotes through them, so did the salesmen infact, I always used to say go to the companies direct because it's cheaper but no one ever listened to me :rolleyes:

I don't think confused is very good for sporty cars tbh, my parents both get good deals through it

really they work fine for us and the lowest insuranced group car we insure ourselves is the clio ., but you have to compare all the comparisons sites too as you will find the same company on different ones at different prices ;)