ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thought you might like to see my 182 after a visit to ktec on Friday!!

182FF
hello all, here is some new pics of my 182 after a stage1/ 30mm lower/ and ultra exhaust

we tried a prototype air induction which i have a vid of!!!.... good gains from it too!!

lovin the new exhaust!!!

the guys at Ktec were really nice too !!! !:D

enjoy.

Attachments

• seymour182FF FRONTlow.jpg
    seymour182FF FRONTlow.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 333
  • seymour182ff REARlow.jpg
    seymour182ff REARlow.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 1,246
  • seymour182ff remaplow.jpg
    seymour182ff remaplow.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 323
  • seymour182FF side detaillow.jpg
    seymour182FF side detaillow.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 329
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Saw the megane version of the new induction kit recently. The Clio one hadn't arrived when I was there. Very interested to see the results from it!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Correct me if im wrong, but if this is their own exhaust, & they fitted it themselves, you would have thought they'd fit it on straight ... Looks like the right tailpipe is lower than the left?

attachment.jpg

Nice system though, had one on the old Trophy, before i upgraded to the BTB ;)

Also - before/after power figures? And pictures of the new induction kit?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
opinion based on what though? you've never been, i'm certain of that.
The old dyno read lower than this one. I saw a couple of cars I had involvement in do ~215 on the DD at ktec and then ~220 at SRR. On the Superflow it's VERY comparible

Only person that pays me, is me, and I work blood hard for it

PB Clio 172
when I had my car done on there they told me that the dyno at k tec is below what you normally get.

K-tec are a fantastic company with great service ! we all want to know what the results were though, still waiting.....

182FF
seymour182FF paperwork.jpg

so here it is !!!! sorry for the delay

this does not show the prototype air induction...but i saw gains of about 8bhp with it
i will be fitting it when it is ready approx £130.00??!!
so this is before and after remap!!

yes i will be removing some stickers as it looks rubbish, prob leave the back and sides, the ears are gone!!! LOL

the guys at Ktec were really nice and friendly!!

enjoy..

very expensive car wash .....indeed!!!??

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I suspect its the same induction kit they first trialled on mine. And yes, it made a noticeable difference to mine, so unsurprised it made the same to yours.

Luckily, being the first, they have kindly let me keep it in mine until it goes in for ITB's.

Glad you are happy with it! People on here have mixed experiences with K-Tec it seems, but they have been nothing short of excellent and friendly when working on mine.

535d / t5 caravelle
I suspect its the same induction kit they first trialled on mine. And yes, it made a noticeable difference to mine, so unsurprised it made the same to yours.

Luckily, being the first, they have kindly let me keep it in mine until it goes in for ITB's.

Glad you are happy with it! People on here have mixed experiences with K-Tec it seems, but they have been nothing short of excellent and friendly when working on mine.

what have you done to get 197bhp?

182FF
Take a picture of this mystical induction! The suspense is killing me...

i do have a video of the run with the induction kit on...however i agreed not to post yet!! ...:quiet:sorry
its a wide angled pipe with some foam on the end....is that vague enough??
i dont know when it will be ready!!?...they were still testing last week, but deff increases output!! i saw the figures on my 182...sounds nice too

sorry to disappoint will post pics when it is available to buy from ktec....

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Guys, unfortunately the condition of me getting to keep it for free, was under agreement I wouldn't go plastering it all over the internet before K-Tec can finalise a production version. Suffice to say, looking at mine, it doesn't seem to be anything particularly or amazingly different. Unsure why it seems to be delivering results over and above other induction kits, which in my experience usually add very little other than noise......

SQ5
So this one of a kind induction kit is on two cars?

I removed my air filter at a rolling road day and gained 10bhp, do I win?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
You win the prize for sarcasm :rasp:. Mine was a prototype that I have kept. K-Tec appear to have worked up a second prototype which I assume they are testing on others cars, including the OP's, whilst putting into production.

I am not fussed on the overall 'figure', and whether it is or isn't 197bhp. What I was bothered about was the before RR compared to the after RR, done on the same rolling road. The only changes made to the car were cams, engine mounts, service and the induction. I was told the induction made a significant difference to the power the car made, and my original 172 air box severely restricted the power made - hence why K-Tec experimented with it. I didn't ask them to experiment, nor did they charge me for the resulting prototype induction kit. They did it to see if it made a difference, and it seems it did. It also seems to have made a difference to the OPs car.

I'm not sure why everyone feels the immediate default response should be doubt. Its sorely tempting to take the car to Charlie at SRR, but why I should do that at my cost when a number of cars have run on K-Tec's and SRR and come very close (both up and down on power), just to satisfy the internet doubters is beyond me. I'm going for ITB's before August, so it will become a bit irrelevant for me anyway....

I'm happy with it, and given it was my money that pays for the work I do on it (albeit the prototype induction was free), I suppose that is the most important thing.

SQ5
What was you figure before cams etc...

I think it's due to a lot of people getting a high reading, then low at other places that have been good such as FMS and SRR

Lol at this super spaffy induction kit, i'm sure its been done before or something very similar.

Maybe something like this?

ClioEngineBay2.jpg

That was my best setup for a standard inlet manifold. 181bhp/167lb/ft of torque from just matched inlets/RSTuner remap/decat-back exhaust and that setup.

TOTDRR1.jpg

Looking back on it now i'd go with a similar setup that the Honda civics B16/18's use like this...

http://www.ek9.org/forum/sale/4714-js-racing-carbon-induction-kit.html

Nick

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
What was you figure before cams etc...

I think it's due to a lot of people getting a high reading, then low at other places that have been good such as FMS and SRR

It was 174.8bhp & 157 lbs ft, but it wasn't stock, that was with a JMS remap, bottom end rebuild, exhaust and manifold. I bought the car from JMS, before they went their seperate ways. 174 bhp and 157 looks poor, when you consider Nick's figures above, when the only difference seems to be the matched inlets!

I understand what you are saying on the over-read. Thing is, whether it ran 160 then made 182, its the 22 bhp difference from the cams / induction that interested me. I wasn't expecting to see 22 bhp from just mild cams.

Project thread here, with graphs.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?612638-Cub-172-s-Flamer-Project

Nick - as I said above, the 'super spaffy' kit certainly doesn't look sufficiently different or amazing to warrant it being 'super spaffy', and yes, it is probably very similar to other things. All I can go on, is the effect it made on mine, and it does seem to be beneficial.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Great gains. I do tire sometimes of the constant 'bandwagon' slagging off of ktec on here. Nine times out of ten the feedback I see for them is positive.

SQ5
The parts side is brilliant if a bit expensive but I imagine for every 9 website purchases there is one customer in ;)