ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Three years of Ownership a Great journey.

I've had my 182 for three years now and thought that it was a time to go through my ownership journey. I came to a Clio from this:-

Picture008.jpg

A 1.6 Megane CC which was very tame and a bit boring, totally impractical for rear seat passengers and it leaked as well. So traded it in for my current car. Wanted an Inferno or RB but all they had was the Titanium. Decided I wanted a Full Fat with both cup packs.

newpics11thjan07015.jpg

Sharing the drive with my son's Megane Coupe 2.0

First mod was to start polishing the Engine

newpics11thjan07004.jpg

This seemed to take months and next time I will get some one else to do it.

Then left the car as standard for several months. A few stickers were added, Carbon fibre vinyl on door pillar and then the Bra. Personal plate was a birthday present from my wife and son.

Camera001.jpg

Custom sprayed Engine Cover and more polishing. Hill Top elbow, K&N Induction system Hilltop suspension covers, K-Tec polished strut brace.

Camera007.jpg

Silvervisions and carbon vinyl covered badge.

Also fitted a K-Tec carbon fibre rear strut brace.

Camera002-4.jpg

Love this pic

Picture038.jpg

My son even managed to paint me a Mini Me

Picture001.jpg

Upgraded the Sound System.

Vibe door components and rear speakers. Fli sub and amp with an Alpine head Unit. All installed by my son. Hardest part was running the wire for the amp from the battery.

Family005.jpg

Richbrook gear shift surround

Family004.jpg

Another favourite photo

PerformanceCarActionDay19rhApril-53.jpg

French Car Show 2008

FCS08001.jpg

Bit of a split in the front splitter led to:

Cliomods001.jpg

More K-Tec Carbon loveliness.

Finishing touch to the Engine bay

17thAug08005.jpg

A rare sight, a snow covered Clio in Southampton

DSC_0206.jpg

Custom cold air feed through foglight

DSC_0306.jpg

Another cool pic

3180_76941439766_506064766_1627807_.jpg

French Car Show 2009

3626725384_0d48b73a50_b.jpg

Towing eye, sticker and custom fit number plate

3755177909_4fb5a90b06_b.jpg

The Carbon Fibre vinyl wrap roof unveiled at Trax 2009

3894212468_57a82d2499_b.jpg

3894220470_691f55fa08_b.jpg

Then I went and had the K-Tec 182 Cup and cup pack coilovers fitted.

3951418316_8258e7bb74_b.jpg

Loads of great meets, drives and above all the chance to meet some great people and share Interests and plenty of banter and chat about how great or crap your latest mod is.

4041251584_06c278c270_b.jpg

In summary I've had quite a journey over the last three years and am still as much in love with the car as I was when I boughyt the car three years ago. Will I sell up and get something different, I don't know. Am I going to continue to modify the car, Hell yes, I've gone too far to reverse it and it is a very personal dirtection I have gone with my car.

Thanks to all those people I have met over the last 3 years and despite being an older member of this club I have always felt welcome and enjoy the get togethers, events and shows which we attend.

Here's to the next three years.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I like you.

No idea why as i've only met you for a brief 15 seconds or so, but you're a nice bloke.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Looks a million time better on the coilovers.

I nice example you have made.

Whats next on the modifing list?

Utter shed and why all the chav mods?

Only joking mate I hope you and Fletch man up and come and play on track next year.

Sorry I missed you last night but I'm still recovering from my damn man flu.

:)

S23

The Cleee-O
Good read mate :) Glad you're still very much in love with you car. Looks really good mate, was good having a look around it at the Ocean Village meet. I also look forward to what the next three years have to offer for you're little Clio :D

Dynamique Flamer
*Cough cough*

No mention of the area rep or her KK meets? ;)

Good write up mate. And here's to many more meets to come, your welcome even if you ever get rid of her :) although next time, please be on time :rasp:

Never above 25mpg
Nice one mate :)

Was good to meet you for the first time months ago!!

Your engine cover is my favourite part on the whole car :D 100% unique and 100% ties in with everything else!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Gear surround and bonnet bra were two small mistakes but looks great, like the titanium with the cup packs.

Cheers for the positive comments. We all go in some strange directions at times in the name of searching to be different. Unfortunately can't remove the gear surround without leaving loads of holes. Could always wrap it in Carbon??

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Pics of the Megane needed TBH :rasp:

Only joking really like your car, very original, not the usual Turinis, Maxogen etc :D

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
nice roundup mate more mods to come i hope. obliviously only one car shines through on that last pic ;). never knew ur engine bay was like that tho lol

BG 182 FF
like your car, looks very clean the only thing i didn't like was the bonnet bra but nevertheless good write up, very nice example of a 182.