ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle body kit(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio 172 mk2
quick question apart from makign this kit would we have to bring the car in shop or can we bolt on from home cause i live in trinidad so it would be kind of if not impossible to ship my car to u guys lol if i want do u make provisions so i can purchase the kit and install back home here after it ships?

clio 172 mk2
what kinda running cost are u looking at and how easily will it be supplying instructions since i will be doing this at home lol

clio 172 mk2
umm also would the clutch have to be upgraded, brakes, shocks to get a realialbe all rounded setup?

VaVa
Well upgrading the suspension and brakes is always a good idea.

As for the clutch - I'd think it should be ok, but it's more about how you treat it - If you hammer the clutch doing flying starts etc it's not going to last long!

suspension is deffo worth upgrading, not sure on brakes, I've found the 172 brakes excellent with DS2500's on tbh... will see on track tho! lol

what kinda running cost are u looking at and how easily will it be supplying instructions since i will be doing this at home lol

Full Support will be provided.

You can even fly me over to your island, i dont mind....honest.

clio 172 mk2
haha kool well if i get enough money to fly u over to do the work how much u gonna charge my ass for labour lol dont mind though if i have the $$ to spare would be better having a trained person working on it rather than some other mechanic and myself also it might be good cause u could properly remap the ecu if u dont come are u going to supply a management system or do i have to send my ecu to u guys, btw has neone tried the R type rs ecu ne good reviews?

No 'firm' eta, i'm still waiting on the deposits of the last prototype testers and they wont be released until then minimum.

Apart from that, everything is done on them.

yup.

But i've had to take my eye off it a little with all of these other CNC manifolds that have been moving so fast.

yea, basically done.

We'll be revealing it but, trials will be done on one customers car in the beginning.

Ben is using my car for developement of the kit.

It has been a long wait for me but I have seen a 3D CAD diagram of what he is developing and as you would expect from Ben it looks like it will be a well designed quality item.

I am personally hoping for a 220bhp+ engine with the tidiest installation that has been produced on a clio at these power levels.

As soon as my car goes in I will post a thread showing progress. I also have an independant RR of my car in its current state of tune so an unbiased power increase can be recorded.

535d / t5 caravelle
220bhp+ cool! what other mods has your engine got, bar what bens doing on it now?

Are you getting the exhaust Mark?

I enquired about it. There is also a mild steel single backbox system in the pipeline which would be more my thing, mainly because it will be half the price;)

It would be nice to get a custom exhaust manifold done by Ben aswell, something for next year maybe.

220bhp+ cool! what other mods has your engine got, bar what bens doing on it now?

cams, exhaust, remap etc.

sounds interesting! if it makes the alleged power we should have a comparison to see what it equates to in the real world as both our engines themselves are stock as far as I know, so would be interesting to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.