ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle body kit(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i read that before some people need to pull there head out of there arse.

well you got me there i cannot run as fast as i can talk im no linford Christie
no arrogance on my behalf
not amazing simply an everyday occurrence a bit like taking a dump you know its gonna happen you just dont know when
Len_beach you can manipulate figures all day but the MG has got it where it counts. on tarmac !
i hold my hands up the Clio is far superior to the ZS
when it comes to parking in tesco,s car park:lolup:

When i'm gonna poop.....i make damn sure i know when its comming.

Do you have plastic seat coveres?

not amazing simply an everyday occurrence a bit like taking a dump you know its gonna happen you just dont know when
Len_beach you can manipulate figures all day but the MG has got it where it counts. on tarmac !

Least the Clio got the advantage its the easier car to live with I suppose. I know French don't like to wire and dealers don't like warently work often but hey were talking about Rover here I wouldn't go making a big deal.

The K series does do well in racing but then again the land speed record isn't 100 mph any more.

I realy like you you've brigthened up the forum though would you do a regular forum post ever day?

I'm just off to see what time the MG gets vs the CLio round a track I'm sure I've got it if I find it I'll post even if our warentied French rust boxes didn't win.

Didn't the MG ZS use the BMW diesel engine in the end?

Vectra :(
Head gasket?
that was the 214 engine if your gonna take the P get your facts right:rasp:

Think you will find it is most variations of the K series engine mate. You really know your rovers i will give you that :S

Not so much on the underperforming heavy V6 tho....

......Little thought, where does the MG come on the topgear powerlap tables? Best time round the Ring?

2nd thoughts why i am bothered, its sad to even engage in this disscussion (not as sad as registering on another forum to enter into a discussion, granted. But sad all the same)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
well you got me there i cannot run as fast as i can talk im no linford Christie
heh, when it comes to blows though, clio wins on build quality:
DSC00343.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

Which is pretty shocking for 'the best of british'...

Vectra :(
Was a touch bored so just had a quick look on a website, just incase you have been deluding yourself for a while. Below are the stats. Hairdressers car maybe, great at shopping also true. Fact is tho its faster on paper than your V6 and also highly acclaimed in all the motoring press which is FAR more than MG ever have had of late. There is a reason that if they make MG again it will only be the TF

........................MG...............Clio 172
Year------------------ 02------- 02
Power---------------- 175 ------- 170
Weight (KG)---------- 1235------- 1059
BHP/Ton-------------- 143.98------- 163.11
0 - 60 (Secs)--------- 7.42------- 6.69
0 - 100 (Secs)-------- 20.04------- 17.65
60 - 100 (Secs)------- 12.62------- 10.95
1/4 Mile (Secs)-------- 15.84------- 15.12
Term Speed (MPH)---- 88.91------- 92.57
1/4 Mile (D) (Secs)---- 15.64------- 14.92
Term Speed (D) (MPH)- 90.43------- 94.19

Not far off as stated, just sorting out the injectors, fuel rails and mountings, throttle quadrant etc etc.

It was end of jan, but mid jan i was informed that they were behind due to struggling with a large order from another company, and heat treatment of several items.....what can i do lol.

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
blow mine up ;) !!

I got a De-Cat, and H&R Coilover's comming myway! but i still have enough for this when its out i guess :) so i guess its best to wait, instead of getting a remap for current simple mods?

Last edited:

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
what sort of price are we looking at for the secret setup, looking to get sum work done but dntknow what to get done and or how much it will cost, got a bogo engined cup

what sort of price are we looking at for the secret setup, looking to get sum work done but dntknow what to get done and or how much it will cost, got a bogo engined cup

Its not 'cheap' as its a total replacement system, significantly more than the modified inlet.

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
but i guess there will be options where its still under £3000? or around that figure?

cup 182 mit stripes
Bull shine aside Ben, I'm selling the R1, I'm too old/scared for it. 5 grand in the hipper is what i'll have. Should I pull in at Andy's or carry on to you?

Early days yet but the Jesus has convinced me. I WANT BIG CLIO POWER!!!.

Bull shine aside Ben, I'm selling the R1, I'm too old/scared for it. 5 grand in the hipper is what i'll have. Should I pull in at Andy's or carry on to you?

Early days yet but the Jesus has convinced me. I WANT BIG CLIO POWER!!!.

Without prejudice.

Can i really answer that without having several books thrown at me?

lol.

Yea, were working on it still, just deciding how little machining can be done to a block of ally to make it as cheap as possible.

M

mini-valver

LOL, just make it with 4 holes :p I dont mind spending a little extra for it too look half decent but its totally up to you and your engineer to give me some costs! Would like the extruding Angelworks logo that you suggested though, that'd look trick.

VX220 Turbo
ben do you want a trophy as a test car (as long as you dont blow it up as i've had 3 engines blow up in my bmw mini dont fancy this one going pop too)

Testing is a touchy subject.

In its essence, it would be the loan of a car to carry out development, however since parts are not free........you would be without the car for a while, then have it returned in stock conditions. Which to most would seem highly pointless.

At most the items could be offered at cost price, or an arranged loan period where you had fun with the kit.

Were not a large outfit so we cant really afford to sling free kit all over the shop, i'm already stretched to my limits at the moment with comissioning this entirely on our own back.

Shhh
Its not really about cost, its putting it on the right car to get the right publicity.

Putting it on a car that hangs about round maccy d's every friday - saturday night wont drag up as much publicity as a show car getting into features etc..

I see eBay shop coming up.. :)

cup 182 mit stripes
Swallow your pride and contact ''Frenchcar'' If the goodies are ground breaking how can you lose? Or am I being naive and silly?

Status
Not open for further replies.