ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tick/click when pulling away..?

Vw caddy tdi
The noise happens mainly when engine transfers weight on pull away it sounds like its coming from passenger wheel or bulkhead back of engine area. Not always but constantly. Now iv recently replaced with oe renault parts the bottom arms ball joints and bushes complete, roll bar bushes, rack bushes, inner/outer rack ends, shocks x4, 2x top mount kits, v6 antiknock stw's. All of these bits are on fine/tight and have improved the front end feel no end. It's just these noises on pull away from stand still. Im thinking dog bone?, exhaust centre section or olive joint manifold to cat? Drivshafts? could anyone pls advise me at all from experience its almost a metalic pop or click/tick, I sometimes get when cornering sharply but very rarely.Its driving me mad . Alex

clio sport 172
Hi matey i got the same problem if its when you go round corners it would be your driveshaft as ive just had the same problem

clio sport 172
im 95% sure its your drive shafts i get it when i corner or pull and accelerate or pull away fast. hope this helps

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
have the same thing on my 172, If you get hold of the track rods they will move if you twist them but seem to be very limited in how much they twist, i put the Noise down to this on mine as made same noise when i twisted them

Vw caddy tdi
Thanks all driveshafts hmm sounds expensive, ill check track rod arms to but new last week? Is their any way to check the driveshafts?

clio sport 172
i apologise, i took my car to have the driveshaft put on and the said it was the cv joint insted.:eek: and if you need a drive shaft i have the one i bought but havnt used still in the packaging and recipt for £35 if you or any1 needs it.

Last edited:
rear engine mount would cause a similar symptom, if its just from pulling off, however you'd probably notice the gearstick moving forward/backwards at the same time