ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timps' 172 Cup

Fiesta ST
Decided yesterday was a perfect day to give the car a good wash and after tuesdays rain it looked in desperate need of one. After a little thinking time i decided to go the whole lot and give it a mini detail, so off i went to halfords to pick up a clay kit as this was the only thing i was missing.

Just as i had finished the 1st wash and dry Mike (Jenic) turned up (without his camera!!!) but i had got in to a rhythm now and wanted to finish the job properly. After hovering around a little and routing through my cleaning products whilst i clayed the car, he headed home and returned a little later with his camera and a nice clean car (he says he cleaned it but i think a quick trip to car wash was made :rasp:)

Whilst he was gone i got on with a 2nd wash and dry then moved on to adding a layer of AG SRP. I didnt want to keep him waiting around once he returned and time was pushing on so i quickly put on a layer of zaino z8 and we headed out to take some pics. I have no idea with cameras so i let him get on with taking some snaps and here are the results. I have reduced the quality from the original for quicker upload speed. Any comments welcome, thanks for looking

5664103922_b3f723059c_z.jpg

5663528269_78719951fe_z.jpg

5663519535_84b4410599_z.jpg

5663511419_7a0aa21aa3_z.jpg

5664073580_44313a153f_z.jpg

5664065506_d7d74881eb_z.jpg

Fiesta ST
Fantastic photos! What setup was that?

You will have to ask jenic about the pictures as i dont have a clue about them haha

Lovely car.... Is that exhaust slightly recessed?

Yeah it is only very slightly though, not my choice as the exhaust was on when i bought the car. If i had my way it would be stealth (may look in to it at a later date)

Thanks for the rest of the comments :approve:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic photos! What setup was that?

Love the cup mate, makes me miss mine! A little lol

Nothing special, 550D with a Sigma 10-20, shot in raw, altered levels in PS and then added the corner/grad ND filter thingy in lightroom.

Fiesta ST
Quick picture of how the car is at the moment. Wheels courtesy of jenic (in super quick time from phone call to arriving) after i picked up a puncture. It will stay like this for around 2 week whilst the turinis go in for a refurb, 4 new tyres are ordered and we return from our trip to the ring :cool: Also the difference having decent tyres on over the so called tyres that were on it before is amazing, so much more confidence in the car

IMG_0260.gif

Fiesta ST
As i was going away to the ring over the last weekend and the car would be sat at home, i decided it would be the perfect time to sort the alloys out as they looked to have had a bad DIY refurb prior to purchasing the car. The tyres were also on their last legs so everything was done at once.

So 4 new toyo T1Rs were ordered from blackcircles at an excellent price, delivered next day

IMG_0262.jpg

The alloys were then taken to CAS coatings in bradford and were powdercoated in a dark anthracite. Cant fault the finish at all, Very happy with them

All now on the car (very poor picture i know)

IMG_0393.jpg

On the list for next month is:

12 months tax
Coilovers
Tracking all sorted
Fresh plates with a 3/4 for front
Insurance renewal :(

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Prefered it on the silver wheels if I'm honest mate.

Looks a mint example, though. :)

Fiesta ST
Prefered it on the silver wheels if I'm honest mate.

Looks a mint example, though. :)

I wasnt sure at first but there growing on me the more I look at it. For the price I can always change back if I really start to dislike them

Good choice of tyre! What did you pay if you dont mind me asking

With the cliosport discount it came to £200 delivered next day 195/45/16. Couldn't find anywhere else that came close

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
That pic really doesn't show them off, the colour is lovely and really suits the car.

When its lowered, with some decent pics you'll all be bumming it ;)

Fiesta ST
Little update

12 months tax bought and saw this rarb come up for sale so quickly sent a pm and a few days later i went and collected. Fitted it today with the help of jenic (again) not really had the chance to go out for a good drive yet so will have to wait to see how much difference it has made

IMG_0401.jpg

DCi 80 DieselSport
Nice mate.

I drive through Halifax everyday for work and would've thought I'd have seen you or Jenic at least once by now!

Fiesta ST
*Update*

Coilovers now fitted so ride height looks much better, Had to mess around a little to get the height set correct as it was scrubbing at first when turning sharply. Car is going in tomorrow morning for 4 wheel alignment so should all be good then :approve:

Also got some clean plates on today which are stuck on rather than screwed just tidy it up a bit

Few pics which also show off the wheel colour alot better than my previous pics

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

Only a few small details i want to change now, firstly a newer renault sport badge and then maybe some 10/15mm spacers on the back, it will then be spot on for me for the time being :) Thanks for looking

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Bingo!

Would look even better with Silver Turinis though. Spacers = ghey. No need on a Cup imo ;)

Fiesta ST
Bingo!

Would look even better with Silver Turinis though. Spacers = ghey. No need on a Cup imo ;)

thanks, I am considering going back to silver but will be quite a while yet

She looks amazing mate! No need for spacers at all. Maybe wind the front down a tad?

Cheers, Ive had to take the front up about 10mm already because of scrubbing so will have to stay at it is unfortunately.

Looks like spacers are a know go then :D

Fiesta ST
Tyres were bought as they were cheap and are more than good enough for how i drive the car, Ive had them before on previous cars so knew how they would handle