ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tim's Forged LY R26

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I might be selling the R26 as I’m buying a house and girlfriend is due in May.

How much do you think I should advertise it for? PM me if you want to make an offer.

Car is on 143k miles and spec is below:

Engine
(original engine rebuilt by RS Tuning in August 2015)
- 83mm CP Carillo pistons
- Manley rods
- ACL big end bearings
- Catcams cams
- Supertech valves
- Supertech double spring kit
- 630cc injectors
- RS Tuning Megane 250 hybrid turbo
- Forge recirc value and actuator
- ITG induction kit with larger ITG filter
- Forge intercooler
- Forge hard pipe kit
- Forge coolant hoses
- Mocal oil catch can
- Varley 25 battery
- Powdercoated lower arms, are, inlet manifold, engine mount, oil breather plate and brackets
- Ktec 3" exhaust
- Mapped by RS Tuning 329.9bhp and 360lbft

Transmission
- R26 gearbox refurbished in September 2016
- RS Tuning SMF
- R26.r clutch

Handling
- Cooksport lowering springs
- R26 dampers and topmounts
- Poweflex lower arm and ARB bushes
- Powerflex engine mount bushes
- Ktec stud conversion kit
- PMS spacers 10mm front and 18mm rear
- R26 anthracite alloys with AD08R tyres
- R26 red alloys with R888R tyres

Braking
- Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- Brembo HC front discs
- OEM rear pads
- Renault rear discs
- Goodridge brake hoses
- ATE brake fluid

Interior and Exterior
- GoPro mount above radio display
- Scanguage II
- AEM AFR gauge
- Recaro seat base carbon build no. decals
- R26.r spoiler in LY
- MEGANE badge delete

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I haven’t updated this for a while.

Main thing is the paintwork has all been sorted via insurance. It was hit in the rear while parked in Jan 2018 (I logged the claim and didn’t get round to booking it in). Then December 2018 someone drove into nearside bumper and wing so got both claims done at same time.

Insurance we’re going to write it off as the quote to repair it was £7k. It only needed a new bumper, wing, and headlight but to blend the Liquid Yellow paint they needed to also paint the bonnet, osf wing, and blend into the doors.

Insurance changed their mind about writing it off when I presented them with £13k worth of invoices as my policy covers modifications. I was disappointed in a way as they at first offered me £9k plus the car back before changing their mind.

So as I also had the outstanding claim from Jan 2018 I got the rear bumper replaced and they blended into the rear quarters. It took the bodyshop five months to do the work. Initially that was due to parts delays then because I rejected the car as there was specs of dirt in the laquer on bonnet, osf wing and osf door.

When I got the car back I was pleased with the result and that paint was all one shade of LY again 😂
AB6EC4F7-DE68-4175-8524-FCA25692D430.jpeg

I had the engine rebuilt in August 2015 so it was due the cambelt in 2020. I wasn’t driving it much though so finally got it replaced in October 2021. Motivator for that was the crank sensor failed so AA where towing it to my mechanic anyway. Aux belt was only three years overdue 😊

At the same time I got all the suspension and steering components replaced and BC Racing coilovers fitted that I purchased Black Friday 2020. I’m fairly pleased with how it handles, not too bad over uneven roads. I need to get the rear raised so it’s got same arch gap as the front which to my eye looks about right.

Not the best photo but you can see the rear it sitting a bit too low.
7915BD20-0725-4146-A65B-27D964C5260C.jpeg

It’s on the red wheels at the moment as I’d had some really aggressive brake pads that absolutely destroyed the alloys. These aren’t dirty it’s actual rust 😂
C0C127E7-FD5C-40D3-AA76-78A376E40A87.jpeg

So last week I dropped them off at MyAlloys in Basingstoke to be refurbished in the oem anthracite. Three wheels had slight buckles so got them straightened as well.
4CA314AF-9C44-4331-BB11-080417C0BC42.jpeg

I’ve also started accumulating parts as Renault have started discontinuing them now it’s way over the 10 years they legally have to supply them. Biggest purchase so far is a new set of the red Brembos.

I’m also looking to get a spare set of decals as well. As the front decal is fitted over the paint protection film which at some point will need changing.

My plan is to never sell it so might as well stockpile bits to ensure it can stay on the road.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I haven’t updated this for a while.

Main thing is the paintwork has all been sorted via insurance. It was hit in the rear while parked in Jan 2018 (I logged the claim and didn’t get round to booking it in). Then December 2018 someone drove into nearside bumper and wing so got both claims done at same time.

Insurance we’re going to write it off as the quote to repair it was £7k. It only needed a new bumper, wing, and headlight but to blend the Liquid Yellow paint they needed to also paint the bonnet, osf wing, and blend into the doors.

Insurance changed their mind about writing it off when I presented them with £13k worth of invoices as my policy covers modifications. I was disappointed in a way as they at first offered me £9k plus the car back before changing their mind.

So as I also had the outstanding claim from Jan 2018 I got the rear bumper replaced and they blended into the rear quarters. It took the bodyshop five months to do the work. Initially that was due to parts delays then because I rejected the car as there was specs of dirt in the laquer on bonnet, osf wing and osf door.

When I got the car back I was pleased with the result and that paint was all one shade of LY again 😂
View attachment 1593360

I had the engine rebuilt in August 2015 so it was due the cambelt in 2020. I wasn’t driving it much though so finally got it replaced in October 2021. Motivator for that was the crank sensor failed so AA where towing it to my mechanic anyway. Aux belt was only three years overdue 😊

At the same time I got all the suspension and steering components replaced and BC Racing coilovers fitted that I purchased Black Friday 2020. I’m fairly pleased with how it handles, not too bad over uneven roads. I need to get the rear raised so it’s got same arch gap as the front which to my eye looks about right.

Not the best photo but you can see the rear it sitting a bit too low.
View attachment 1593363

It’s on the red wheels at the moment as I’d had some really aggressive brake pads that absolutely destroyed the alloys. These aren’t dirty it’s actual rust 😂
View attachment 1593366

So last week I dropped them off at MyAlloys in Basingstoke to be refurbished in the oem anthracite. Three wheels had slight buckles so got them straightened as well.View attachment 1593365

I’ve also started accumulating parts as Renault have started discontinuing them now it’s way over the 10 years they legally have to supply them. Biggest purchase so far is a new set of the red Brembos.

I’m also looking to get a spare set of decals as well. As the front decal is fitted over the paint protection film which at some point will need changing.

My plan is to never sell it so might as well stockpile bits to ensure it can stay on the road.
Nice work mate.

I don't think we have crossed paths on Facebook but let me know if you need any meg bits.

I have a huge selection, I'm in derby.