ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tim's Trophy - #455

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I really like what uve done with the carpet in the rear tim it looks so tidy is there any chance you can post the link of the ebay seller who u got your rear carpet lining from, Im going to take my rear seats out and the carpet makes it look so much tidyier

Cheers bud :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I really like what uve done with the carpet in the rear tim it looks so tidy is there any chance you can post the link of the ebay seller who u got your rear carpet lining from, Im going to take my rear seats out and the carpet makes it look so much tidyier

+1

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member

I got a roll of car carpet from wercarmats, used some cardboard to make a template of the bootspace then cut the carpet accordingly and Bob's your uncle! Just make sure you cut the carpet the right way up - I nearly did it upside down, which would have been a disaster as the bootspace isn't symmetrical.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I got a roll of car carpet from wercarmats, used some cardboard to make a template of the bootspace then cut the carpet accordingly and Bob's your uncle! Just make sure you cut the carpet the right way up - I nearly did it upside down, which would have been a disaster as the bootspace isn't symmetrical.

Haha cheers tim nice one bud :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Good results Tim, exactly the same as what I made at EFI a couple of months back! Twin Trophys!

As discussed make sure that fuel line isn't rubbing on the engine mount/pulley cover.

Lol at the red hose, you trophy boys love these little details dont you!
Lol, so true.
I'm going to break the mould with some lovely steel overbraided pipe when I get another tank.

Certainly a worthwhile upgrade to prevent any rubbing, although if your standard ones are in perfect nick it is possible to get away without them sometimes.

I'd recommend them regardless of RS2 tbh.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
How much carpet did you need for the boot mat? 1 piece is enough Im guessing
Indeed.
Does the other half know you've got an RS2 yet? :p
Indeed not, and that's the way it's going to stay!

As discussed make sure that fuel line isn't rubbing on the engine mount/pulley cover.
Will do, cheers.

I've still got a set of Vibratechnic mounts that I haven't got round to selling yet.
Let's talk more at Nando's next week :approve:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Great results bud, glad you've started the 'hunt for power'. Epic car just for more, err 'epicer'. Hopefully see this next weds at Nandos. Give me a shout on the badge, I managed to get mine on non-wonky, measurement and two pairs of hands is the key ;)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest where does the hose that goes towards the rad go out of the catch tank ?

Just as it's out of sight it bends immediately to the right and a breather filter nestles behind the headlight near to the Maxogen filter.

Apologies for the poor quality picture.

IMAG0319_zps23f09fd0.jpg

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
If you use a Ph1 bonnet catch, you dont need the engine mounts, The front off the RS2 in a good inch and a half out of halms way. It is more than fine with just the polyflex dogbone mount.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Update - March 2013

#455 has just passed 50,000 miles and it's about time I updated this thread.

I went to the South Central & South East Surrey Rolling Road meet, where it performed well and has a lovely torque 'curve':

3RS2de-catampmap_zpsde8af669.jpg

A few minor upgrades have been made since then:

- Mist washer jets
- A shorter aeriel (Citroen C2)

Aerial_zps9b099a9b.jpg

- New RenaultSport mats (as per Rob's suggestion)
- A shiny footrest

MatsampPedals_zps59bdbcc1.jpg

- 172 door cards, which look considerably better than the poverty-spec Trophy efforts

Doorcards_zpsc4c328cb.jpg

And in the engine bay:

- A shiny bonnet catch courtesy of Renault

Bonnetcatch_zpsa44d3121.jpg

- Magnecor leads
- Anodised top mount covers

EngineBaywithTopMounts_zps039d0dec.jpg

The standard head unit has been changed for an Alpine and while I was concerned it would look really out of place I managed to source an adapter so the stalk controls & display continue to work, and an iPod cable is routed neatly into the glovebox. All in all I'm very pleased with it!

HU_zps98c92013.jpg

To get a little more from the audio I also had the front components upgraded to 16.5cm JL Audio C2-650, and the doors are fully sound-deadened - it's now a very capable set-up :D

I'm really looking forward to the weather warming up so I can drive the Trophy a little more - it tends to get rested during the winter months, and I have a few more upgrades ready to go on, when I find the time:

- Alcantara A-pillars

AlcantaraA-pillars_zpsae869669.gif

- Whiteline ARB
- 197 RenaultSport badge

Roll on summer!!

Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one, Tim! A great result on the dyno and some lovely minor mod's as well. This is fast becoming one of my fave Trophys out there. :D

Having seen the Alcantara parts I am more determined than ever to get the interior refurbished throughout in that material; it just add's a touch of class to raise it above what is arguably a "poverty-spec" interior! LOL! :D

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
More than welcome to pop over to mine if you fancy next weekend or wait until the Pre Le Mans outing, my cars on axle stands at the mo :banghead:

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
No update, just some pics having given the car a proper going over at the weekend. It's wearing Autoglym High Definition wax, and I'm really pleased with the finished result.

Apologies for the quality of the pictures...

20thApril2013-1_zpsdf351446.jpg

20thApril2013-3_zps41e138b0.jpg

20thApril2013-2_zpse615623b.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You on track at combe?

Me and a couple of the other clios from clubopd will be out in the 9:15 session, I particuarly want to race my mate in his stripped but standard engine trophy so am going to use the mrs RS2 car as with full weight and a bit more power it should be quite even to him, it would be great to have you in that one too if you havent yet sorted out passes and are wondering what time to get?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely mate! You must be really happy with it?
Over the moon to be honest, not only does it scrub up really well but with the RS2 it just drives so nicely, I don't ever want to get rid of it.

You on track at combe?

Me and a couple of the other clios from clubopd will be out in the 9:15 session, I particuarly want to race my mate in his stripped but standard engine trophy so am going to use the mrs RS2 car as with full weight and a bit more power it should be quite even to him, it would be great to have you in that one too if you havent yet sorted out passes and are wondering what time to get?
I've seen what goes on on track so I'll be taking my helmet but only for passenger laps. I'd want to build up my confidence with a regular trackday at Combe before getting involved in the organised carnage that is an action day. Cheers for the heads up though mate, looking forward to catching up with you, and meeting Rich too (assuming that's who you're talking about).