ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tints or Neons

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i would go for tints and on the rear boot window go for darkest possible that is legal and as u move round to the rear windows go a couple of shades lighter and then a few shades lighter on front windows remember tints if kept to the legal darkness are 100% legal but neons arnt ! they are 100% legal to use on puplic roads :(

i dont personally like undercar neons.

i would choose tints

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I would choose neons, but then again I am a Fast and the Furious idiot.. dont listen to me. ;)

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Tints all day long !! Neons are tacky and have had their day. Tints are always gonna look the b****cks on a black car !! They will improve security and to be honest if you go for a smoke tint then they will be 100 legal. I have never had one once of trouble with the fuzz.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Tints, got em on mine (black 16v) just a subtle way to make your car stand out and keep pesky theives from looking in, well too much anyway. I got a medium tint all round as i was worried about the difference between lighter and darker shades being noticable. Oh and if you look at the car from the outside, as in trying too look through to the other side, it always looks darker. But on the inside you only look through one tint at a time so its ok for night driving and stuff.

I was worried at first about the medium all round, but once id got em ive seen so am increasing number of cars with a near limo tint all round, usually X5s, X-types, Mercs etc, so stopped worrying then. Never been pulled in my car yet.

i am after getting my windows tinted , in a medium shade as my car is a very light colour i dont need to go to dark but not sure where to get them done cant seem to find a decent place near to me, linconshire

if anyone knows of a repitable place pls let me know

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Or you could just give me the money and Ill tint em for you just the same as that lovely car. That was at the Hill pOWER DAY, for those that remember it !!

The black one that was there on the sunday with the lovely fitted kit and sub boxes. paint like orange peel.

Windows tinted with black paint.

Them tints look cool..in fact im going to get some supaglass medium tints. Those wheels really suit your car by the way!

Mini Cooper S JCW

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 16 December 2002

Them tints look cool..in fact im going to get some supaglass medium tints. Those wheels really suit your car by the way!
cheers dude, i havent got a clue wot make they are, as they were on the car when i brought them! i didnt complain tho ;)

Id go for tints i just had mine done and it looks wicked. the law says or so iv been told by the bloke that done mine the rear side windows and back window can be as dark as u like Limo tints (cant see throu at all)

The front doors have a limit but it is f*!k all so the bloke tinted mine slightly more and gave me a recipt saying they are legal, now you can only just about see in of a day and night time you cant make out whats inside.

But the windscreen must remain standard. Limo tint on the rear windows does cut out a lot of light in the car and when reversing it difficult to see when its dark out.

Id go for tints looks much better!

clio i think

sup bruv... diffinetly neons, i hav got tints but if u want attraction u need sum neons.. i will get sum soon... know its illegal but its the look dat counts:cool:

Has anyone put tints on a silver mark 2, Thinking about getting it done but not sure about the lok, if anyone has a picture would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Wheels are either Kahn RS-Rs or Masitaly VT5Rs.. for those who wanna know. Look very nice.

Daz.

Go for the tints mate got themon mine look the mutz nutz on black cars dont like neons specially when you can see them !!!!!!!!!

Tints, look the muts nuts, got them on mine, spend twenty on some clear side repeaters and itll look even nicer! Alloys look sweet!