ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tiny pin hole in cat?

Renaukt Clio Cup Spo
Hey i took car recently for some new exhaust brackets to quick fit brackets were slightly lose on the pipes all sorted now, anyway main point the mechanic mentioned a tiny tiny pin hole maybe smaller size hole in the middle underside of my catalitic converter £450 to fix parts ect ect, this was late feb he advised of this is there any cheaper way round this of is replacement the only way forward and is there going to be any bad results from that hole being there whilst currently driving?

thanks any advice helpful :)

Alex

Listerine & Poledo
Kwik fit can fit tyres and brakes (in fact, if they're still doing lifetime brake pads, that's worth it on a non-track car)]

Other than that, try anywhere else. Where abouts are you fella, might be able to find you a local CS member who's also a mechanic. Certainly going to be usefull when your cambelt needs doing

Clio 172 Cup
You could buy 3 cat converters brand new for that price. If welding is only a temp fix a new cat would be cheaper than the "£450 repair job"

Renaukt Clio Cup Spo
i know took it to garage and they welded it for £15 solid now no lil pops or gases
even full system performance kits are under kwick fit price for just their standard cat