ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanfall

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I may not be on today but tomorrow yeah :cool:

Did you play the beta mate? It's really easy to get into and rack up points/upgrades. The fact there it's 6v6 doesn't hinder you at all because AI drones litter the maps, too.

Honestly it's so simple to get into. Saying that, the full game is apparently much more in-depth than the beta, so I'll be pretty much starting over myself.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I may not be on today but tomorrow yeah :cool:

Did you play the beta mate? It's really easy to get into and rack up points/upgrades. The fact there it's 6v6 doesn't hinder you at all because AI drones litter the maps, too.

Honestly it's so simple to get into. Saying that, the full game is apparently much more in-depth than the beta, so I'll be pretty much starting over myself.

Sweet. I've got a day off.

I've just ordered off amazon next day delivery. Face time unboxing? haha.

I need something to stop me selling the Xbox One. I rarely touch it except for US Netflix.

I did play the Beta and didnt really like it. I like the game play but I dunno, mechs, mega space jumps, mirrors edge free running. I wasnt in the right frame of mind though so I'll give it a bash.

Cayman S Edition 1
Up to level 8 on the PC so far. Brilliant game, but surprisingly easy to kill the enemy.

Shotgun rules:)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Up to level 8 on the PC so far. Brilliant game, but surprisingly easy to kill the enemy.

Shotgun rules:)

That's what I quite liked about the beta; it was pretty easy to kill both AI and human players. Unlike on BF4 where I can unload 14 f*cking clips into a soldiers head for him to call me a name and I blow up.

AK

M240i
That's what I quite liked about the beta; it was pretty easy to kill both AI and human players. Unlike on BF4 where I can unload 14 f*cking clips into a soldiers head for him to call me a name and I blow up.

MTFU.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
My copy from Tesco hasn't arrived :(

Ordered last week.

Is there any point complaining?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
My copy from Tesco hasn't arrived :(

Ordered last week.

Is there any point complaining?

Just go in the shop and buy it. When the online one comes, take it back to the shop in the wrapping and receipt.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Just go in the shop and buy it. When the online one comes, take it back to the shop in the wrapping and receipt.

Snag is I paid £27 for it as I used vouchers and an online code.

My local Tesco are selling it for £42.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Snag is I paid £27 for it as I used vouchers and an online code.

My local Tesco are selling it for £42.

It's if you're willing to spend £42 today mate, knowing you'll get it back. You know? You'll be taking the sealed one back to the shop for the full refund (stating someone had already bought you it or wrong platform or something). It's just to save you waiting for yours to arrive. You'd still be paying £27 overall.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
It's if you're willing to spend £42 today mate, knowing you'll get it back. You know? You'll be taking the sealed one back to the shop for the full refund (stating someone had already bought you it or wrong platform or something). It's just to save you waiting for yours to arrive. You'd still be paying £27 overall.

Sneaky mate, I like it!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Sneaky mate, I like it!

Done it a few times. If I don't get a game through the post, I'll buy it from a shop and keep the receipt. Take back the copy that arrives. Be warned that Game etc. usually don't offer refunds, more likely credit to your account in store. Supermarkets should be fine though.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Done it a few times. If I don't get a game through the post, I'll buy it from a shop and keep the receipt. Take back the copy that arrives. Be warned that Game etc. usually don't offer refunds, more likely credit to your account in store. Supermarkets should be fine though.

Good call mate, nothing more infuriating than when a game fails to turn up on release day lol.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Probably going to jump on this later. Going to try and do the campaign first then do a few games with matey tomorrow.

Yaris Hybrid
The insane textures don't really warrant the name either. I mean they look nice, but they're not really much different from XBONE

Fecking A. You have to move closer to the screen and squint to see the difference.

Even more amusing is the amount of vram they use up.

Just caved in and bought this abomination to find they still haven't fixed the SLI issues from beta. Not impressed. Even on a single card the game is demanding a ridiculous amount of juice for what are really pretty average graphics.

Feck knows where all that horsepower is going.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
My performance is ok but only played one round last night, and didn't check to see scaling over cards. It caches all of my VRAM though yes. Although that doesn't mean it's using all of it ;)

F82 M4
Fecking A. You have to move closer to the screen and squint to see the difference.

Even more amusing is the amount of vram they use up.

Just caved in and bought this abomination to find they still haven't fixed the SLI issues from beta. Not impressed. Even on a single card the game is demanding a ridiculous amount of juice for what are really pretty average graphics.

Feck knows where all that horsepower is going.

What SLI issues does it have? I'm planning on running it with 680's you see. Bought it last night and it's still downloading, will be quite a few hours yet lol.

Doesn't it use the Source engine?

Yaris Hybrid
So is it worth buying for the XBOX then? Even if I normally play alone?

I wouldn't buy it on the Xbox One given the cost. At the price you can get it on PC on imported key sites (£25) it's not so bad but at next gen console prices for a multiplayer-only game and no friends to team up with then I'd have to say no way.

If it had a campaign and was £35 then I'd say yeah but as it stands, no.

From what I've heard it still suffers from the screen tearing and frame drops that were present in the beta.

Yaris Hybrid
What SLI issues does it have? I'm planning on running it with 680's you see. Bought it last night and it's still downloading, will be quite a few hours yet lol.

Doesn't it use the Source engine?

It doesn't work with SLI yet and on max settings it will frequently drop below 60fps on 1080p and if you use vsync to eliminate tearing you will obviously get quite a big stutter as the frame is forced down even further to maintain sync.

Watching videos about it I see everyone with a 2gb card like a 680 gets drops to as low as 30fps with the highest texture setting and have to knock it down to the next setting although they can't really notice any difference in quality they say it runs a lot smoother. That's what they say on videos anyway, just repeating what I've heard.

What I can say for a fact is that even on a 3GB single 780 (well, SLI still enabled but one card just idling at 28c) the vsync judder happens all the time where it dips under 60. Yeah I mean it might only be dropping to 58fps and vsync exaggerates it but seriously...not even being able to stay above 60?! This is on my 1080 TN screen, god knows what my 1440 IPS unit would run like! I know one thing, I won't be experiencing 144fps on this game even though it looks pretty unremarkable.

I won't be upgrading to a pair of Titan Blacks just to play a game that looks 7 years old either when the latest games don't even warm my cards up.

Respawn have acknowledged the problem and have said multi GPU will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't buy it on the Xbox One given the cost. At the price you can get it on PC on imported key sites (£25) it's not so bad but at next gen console prices for a multiplayer-only game and no friends to team up with then I'd have to say no way.

If it had a campaign and was £35 then I'd say yeah but as it stands, no.

From what I've heard it still suffers from the screen tearing and frame drops that were present in the beta.

£37 from Amazon? That make it more worthwhile?

Yaris Hybrid
£37 from Amazon? That make it more worthwhile?

If I was the type of person that plays COD a lot and tends to prefer mulitplayer games then yeah.

I guess what I keep forgetting with console versions you can sell them a few months later and get £20 back so it's actually not that bad. Cheaper than the PC version in a way.

Cayman S Edition 1
I'm up to level 27 on the PC now. Quality game.

PredatorUK200 if anyone wants to add me.

Yaris Hybrid
Just found out that vsync is the problem with mine. Even on the lowest detail it judders around and is unplayable with vsync on. If I turn vsync off it is really smooth maxed out but I get terrible tearing.

I normally run my monitor at 60hz as it seems to have better colours like this but I switched it to 144 and the tearing was gone even though I gather the frame rate is still locked to 60.

Must absolutely suck for anyone with a 60hz monitor as they have to play with terrible tearing.

I finished the campaign tonight and it was absolutely amazing. Really good fun just hope the technical issues get fixed.

Ph 1 172
Xbox live gamer tags?? Thought we could get a bit of team work going as it's the only way to play this game really

moodyjames. Is my gamer tag add me if you want to play

F82 M4
Just tried to play it but doesn't seam to work. Loads of people having the same problems. It just sticks on "initializing" after clicking the play button. :(

Nissan 350z
lvl35 on the PC now.

I'm rocking the C.A.R SMG now with Counterweight, seems decent at close quarters and range. Pretty disapponted with the Titans weapons though as it seems the default machine gun or rifle are the best options, everything you unlock is too situational to be a valid replacement.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
I'm 39 atm. Using the C.A.R SMG with HCOG & silencer. Along with run and gun kit, it's brilliant to use. Really like the B3 Wingman sidearm too, lot of fun to use. And satisfying when you pick a pilot off, after being ejected from a titan, with a headshot.

Pretty disapponted with the Titans weapons though as it seems the default machine gun or rifle are the best options, everything you unlock is too situational to be a valid replacement.

I agree with this. I'm still sticking with the Chain Gun with extended mag. Seems to be the best all round weapon. I've switched to the Stryder mech, as I like having that extra speed when moving around. Plus, you can completely dominate an Ogre when using the 'Dash Core.'

The only problem I have with this game, is that the campaign is completely pointless. Nothing you do when playing changes anything that happens. I can understand this, as they can't really end your campaign run because it may not necessarily be the players fault. But I think they could've thought it out better.

Other than that it's an amazing game. I've never had so much fun playing a game online before. Almost everything you do is overly satisfying.