ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanfall

Ph 1 172
well this is the first xbox one game ive fully got into and struggling to put down......wish the titans had a few more customizable features though... im not too keen on bgeing in the titan, but i love the fact i get it to follow me around and whilst im steaming around walls and double jumper my titan has got my back

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Up to level 8 on the PC so far. Brilliant game, but surprisingly easy to kill the enemy.

Played all night and oh my this game is brilliant!!

Its good fun, if ur on PC please add me - add1ct3dd

Will be online tomorrow to play :)

I'm up to level 27 on the PC now. Quality game.

PredatorUK200 if anyone wants to add me.

I finished the campaign tonight and it was absolutely amazing. Really good fun just hope the technical issues get fixed.

Omg. This game. Buy it.

/End Thead.

lvl35 on the PC now.

I'm rocking the C.A.R SMG now with Counterweight, seems decent at close quarters and range. Pretty disapponted with the Titans weapons though as it seems the default machine gun or rifle are the best options, everything you unlock is too situational to be a valid replacement.

loving this on Xbox One, something you can just pick up and play

Then there's this killjoy c*nt:

It's ok, although no different to the beta tbh.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
:lolup:

Also, @AK what where you expecting to change so much from the beta?
Nothing much would change from beta... no time to change anything at this stage, apart from fixing showstopper bugs prior to going gold/release. Even some of the 'lesser' bugs would have been left in most likely. These tend to get addressed in future patches and updates.

F82 M4
Played a few games last night (PC, add me - WilkehLOL)

Really enjoyed it to be honest, was loads of fun. I'm not a fan of COD games but this has some good variety and some mental action. I'll be playing this for a while I think :)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Really fun game, great appeal.

Some of the graphics are very poor though.

Yeah. It's great fun. I only played for the first time last night.
Completed campaign for both sides. Campaign is bit pointless really but the whole point of game is multiplayer.
Really good balance between titan and pilots. Really is fun to play, very intuitive controlls and navigating across maps is great fun! Titans are great fun, great sound fx.
Adds some life to a stagnant FPS genre. Well worth buying.

Ph 1 172
Level 22 now absolutely loving this game, some of the challenges are easy though you can level up twice in 1 round. Just going through campaign to get the titans unlocked

I did the campaign straight off to unlock everything. Will have a go on normal multiplayer tonight.
It is great. As mentioned previously, few more customisable features would be nice. Cosmetic customization on titans would be nice touch. Different camo skins etc
Things like that may come in future patches perhaps. But these are minor things.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Brilliant. I'm still amazed how some players have levelled up between 4 and 6 times over when I'm just about to hit level 49. Either they're cheating or don't have a life.

I don't agree with either of those two statements at the end. The thing with titanfall is, if you're really good and pay attention to challenges etc. you can blitz the ranks.

I'm roughly mid way through the second generation, and I've only played the game for 11 hours. You can hit like 20k-40k XP per match if you play it tactically.

Ph 1 172
I don't agree with either of those two statements at the end. The thing with titanfall is, if you're really good and pay attention to challenges etc. you can blitz the ranks.

I'm roughly mid way through the second generation, and I've only played the game for 11 hours. You can hit like 20k-40k XP per match if you play it tactically.

+1 I've only played 5 hours online and already I'm up to level 34 if you play it to level up using different weapons every couple of rounds it's rather easy to level up

Cayman S Edition 1

I can understand someone like yourself who is mid way through the second gen, but players who are in 4th to 6th gen..... thats crazy!

C1 VTR (Company Car)
I can understand someone like yourself who is mid way through the second gen, but players who are in 4th to 6th gen..... thats crazy!

I know what you mean, but it's still down to challenges. I played a match yesterday where I got 42,000XP haha.

A friend of mine has just gone into Gen 4 & his play time is only 1 day 9 hours.

Nissan 350z
http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-matchmaking-update
1. Searching for teammates and opponents will now sometimes take more time to look for players that are a good skill level match, rather than purely prioritizing speed over quality. This will give us more time to build better teams and create closer games that are worth staying in for a longer period of time.
2. Rather than playing against the same opponents over and over, the game will periodically split the teams apart and search for new opponents for each team. This means if one team is dominating, we will update the skill for all of the players and then find each team a better suited match for the next round. Did you lose to a really great team? We'll make them disappear and replace them with a new opposing team - and they will have no idea that you just got your butts kicked. This should end some of the frustration with playing for extended periods when you're having an off night.

Finally! One of my main compliants really.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
+1 I've only played 5 hours online and already I'm up to level 34 if you play it to level up using different weapons every couple of rounds it's rather easy to level up

That's disappointing to hear. What is it with the instant gratification necessity these days in games? Are the developers truly believing that gamers don't want to play towards achievements and would prefer to get them handed on a plate? Level 34 in 5 hours play of an FPS is a joke.

D.

Bumder With A Buffer
I got this on PC.

At first I was a bit "meh" as I was getting rapped in games, the same team over and over again (like one of the complaints above) and this one guy just did not appear to take any health damage to his Titan at all...just stayed at 100% health and in fact he had a Titan within 5 seconds of the game/round starting.

But now im really liking it. Not that good in a Titan just yet and I appear to find it hard to find other "players" but my minion/spectre kills are mental...say 50 plus of them and only 3 player kills, whereas other may have 12 odd player kills and only 15 minion kills. Dont like the "auto" lock on pistol for player kills either, it sucks.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I got this on PC.

At first I was a bit "meh" as I was getting rapped in games, the same team over and over again (like one of the complaints above) and this one guy just did not appear to take any health damage to his Titan at all...just stayed at 100% health and in fact he had a Titan within 5 seconds of the game/round starting.

But now im really liking it. Not that good in a Titan just yet and I appear to find it hard to find other "players" but my minion/spectre kills are mental...say 50 plus of them and only 3 player kills, whereas other may have 12 odd player kills and only 15 minion kills. Dont like the "auto" lock on pistol for player kills either, it sucks.

Erm? WTF? :S

D.

DCi
That's disappointing to hear. What is it with the instant gratification necessity these days in games? Are the developers truly believing that gamers don't want to play towards achievements and would prefer to get them handed on a plate? Level 34 in 5 hours play of an FPS is a joke.

D.

I want to make some kind of currency analogy where if you are a millionaire that's great unless you have Yen... But then you'd be impressed by the billionaires (etc)

I think what I'm saying is it doesn't matter how quick you can/can't rank up in a game as long as you can tell what is impressive in each one

LY 200 EDC LUX
Erm? WTF? :S

D.

Yep. Its a stupid pistol thing that locks on after a couple of seconds and is pretty much a guaranteed kill. Stupid idea.

i also think the 'rodeo' aspect of this game is flawed. You can rodeo a Titan, then jump off quicker than the pilot can exit the Titan, wait for him, then kill the pilot. Stupid idea IMO.

Arctic Blue 182
Yeah ive been getting done like that a few times. The other one is them throwing a satchel charge as you go to get out and then blowing you up as you exit.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I want to make some kind of currency analogy where if you are a millionaire that's great unless you have Yen... But then you'd be impressed by the billionaires (etc)

I think what I'm saying is it doesn't matter how quick you can/can't rank up in a game as long as you can tell what is impressive in each one

Hopefully they've managed that in Titanfall then? ;)

I have to massively disagree otherwise if its not the case. If you have a 20-rank system - then someone who is rank 17 is clearly MUCH higher up the game rankings than someone at rank 8. When you start having silly numbers of ranks and being able to rank even higher - then it all becomes pretty meaningless - the numbers just get so large and pointless as to be almost useless.

There's a lot of levels and ranks within life (not just games - lol) that replicate a similar thing. Imagine a Premier League with 167 table positions on it? Or a military rank that could be anywhere from 0 to 240? You loose the whole meaning and impact of 'rank' - the upper echelons just being so unobtainable as to be simply ignored.

And likewise, the Achievement Now, Now, NOW mentality is moronic. I've had several games where a Steam achievement has popped up in the bottom corner for simply starting the game, FFS. :S Give it a generation and kids won't even get out of bed without being awarded five achievements, three pins and a badge.

D.

Revels Mum & Sister
Christ Darren I think you need to get out more ;) It is a game. Play to enjoy! The simple fact is games are designed for the masses now rather than the geeks (You!) and they need to dumb it down and make it a more level playing field. In fairness it is possible to rank up quick if you exploit it. However if you don't it takes a lot longer to level up than 5 hours.

I simply don't have the time to spend hours and hours every day playing games online. Why should I be penalised for having something other to do play games? To be fair Titanfall strikes a good balance between hardcore gamers and casual gamers where someone like me who doesnt have a vast amount of time can pick the game up and have some half decent games without being smashed to pieces every 2 minutes by people who have worked out all the quirks and have way too much spare time.

My 2 cents anyway... I really enjoy the game. Rather than ranting about it, sure it would be better to go and design your own game ;)

Revels Mum & Sister

Case in point this. I have put in 22 hours and am second generation Level 21. Twice as long for the same point. As I dont bother to milk the challenges.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
^ Social games and mobile gaming are proving ruinous. The 'masses' have so little time these days that they want instant gratification and recognition of their efforts. Even if it means an achievement for being able to navigate the game menu. I don't like it either. But I'm also from the 'old skool' when it comes to what / how I think games should work. :p

LY 200 EDC LUX
Christ Darren I think you need to get out more ;) It is a game. Play to enjoy! The simple fact is games are designed for the masses now rather than the geeks (You!) and they need to dumb it down and make it a more level playing field. In fairness it is possible to rank up quick if you exploit it. However if you don't it takes a lot longer to level up than 5 hours.

I simply don't have the time to spend hours and hours every day playing games online. Why should I be penalised for having something other to do play games? To be fair Titanfall strikes a good balance between hardcore gamers and casual gamers where someone like me who doesnt have a vast amount of time can pick the game up and have some half decent games without being smashed to pieces every 2 minutes by people who have worked out all the quirks and have way too much spare time.

My 2 cents anyway... I really enjoy the game. Rather than ranting about it, sure it would be better to go and design your own game ;)

Titanfall does not 'strike a good balance between hardcore gamers and casual gamers', hence why they have had to incorporate a new system whereby you have to wait about 3 years in the lobby to be matched with players of roughly the same skill-level. Its so ludicrously slow that by the time a match starts, you could have already played a standard match

The more I play this game, the more I dislike it. There are so many aspects (obvious aspects) of this game that could have made it a real hit.

I have to say (and I'm sounding very pessimistic here), I am fairly disappointed with a lot of the releases so far. Forza is probably the biggest let down, followed closely by the extremely repetitive 'Ryse', then this. I'm off to by metal gear solid tomorrow.....fingers crossed!!

^ Social games and mobile gaming are proving ruinous. The 'masses' have so little time these days that they want instant gratification and recognition of their efforts. Even if it means an achievement for being able to navigate the game menu. I don't like it either. But I'm also from the 'old skool' when it comes to what / how I think games should work. :p

I'd totally agree. Casual gaming has ruined proper games too....

I just ignore all the achievements, levels, ranks, blah blah. Who cares what level I am?! Lol
And as for people who chase achievements in games and want to get them all.... Get a grip!!
It's only in MMORPGs that levels really matter.

Do I enjoy playing it? Yes..... Job done!
I think it's a great game. Very fun. Very fast. I'm enjoying playing.

I almost always manage to kill people who rodeo my titan. Very rare I come off worse. Don't see the issue?

Honda. Tesla Someday
I'm still loving Titanfall. The more I play the more ways I find around the maps. Its been great fun. The fast paced action of the matches gets my adrenaline pumping and 90 seconds between rounds lets me get prepared for the next!

Yes, its not 100% incredible granted, but I haven't had this much fun on an FPS in years!! It really has bought me back to online FPS multiplayer!

I played MGS Ground Zeroes. At first glance you feel as though its all over very very fast, and it is yes, however the replay value really is there and so are the side missions. Is it worth £30? Probably not, no, but if you find it for £25 or less I would certainly recommend it. Its a great game to showcase graphics and and really does have a lot of replay value. The gameplay is fresh and brilliant with so many way to attack the situation!

Get it, play it, enjoy!!!

Last edited:
I'm still loving Titanfall. The more I play the more ways I find around the maps. Its been great fun. The fast paced action of the matches gets my adrenaline pumping and 90 seconds between rounds lets me get prepared for the next!

Yes, its not 100% incredible granted, but I haven't had this much fun on an FPS in years!! It really has bought me back to online FPS multiplayer!

Totally agree. Im getting more and more agile the as I play. Found i was getting almost half my kills last night with melee attacks! :) wall running and jumping around and landing next to people like a sneaky ninja! Great fun.

LY 200 EDC LUX
Oh, and, unless I've not seen it, you cant just have a private match with your mates. No doubt that will happen later and you'll have to pay for it!

Last edited:
Played for the first time on my mates XBox One and really enjoyed it. Gameplay was fast and frantic and its made me want it. Sadly can't afford a one or a decent PC and think the 360 version will be a let down.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Well I'm entering my 34th year of having some form of gaming system - so I'm fairly passionate about it. Maybe I should tell the people who funded an aircraft banner fly-past for Moyes - that it's simply 'a game'? I'm merely voicing my opinions on a public forum - so on that scale, I think my response is pretty tame? :cool:

In all seriousness though - my frustrations are grounded in the knowledge that not-so-long ago - levels, achievements and ranks were something to aspire to and admire. Then came the seemingly incurable CODitis, force-feeding the increasing numbers of gamers with the attention span of an earthworm. DICE did a valiant attempt with Battlefield 2142 - giving a very good all-rounder capability to the standard kit. If you wanted to progress and put the hours into it - so be it. But you always had good kit to fall back on. And in no way were you fighting alongside a Rank 18 player with 14 more unlocks than you - simply because he bought the game at 9am that morning.

It sounds as if in your world, I should be able to download Assetto Corsa on Steam, put 90mins into it and be on par for CS's own John Gordon who has currently clocked up 147 hours on it? Surely that just makes a mockery of the whole game and the skills needed to play it well? I don't give a flying monkey's bollock about games such as Bejeweled and Candy Crush - they are targeted at the people with 20mins to grab on the bus - or the few minutes that they are sat on the loo taking a dump. When that quick-fix/perma-achievement mentality migrates to games that should take time and commitment (like Titanfall et al) - that gets my back up.

As for designing games - trust me, if I could guarantee to make myself money from it, I'd be doing it tomorrow! :)

Exactly Andy! We're from a previous (arguably superior?!) era. These young 'uns are ruining it for us - lol! ;)

D.