ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To keep the ph2 172 or swap?

I know theres been a few of these threads so straight to point it is. Ive come to a point where I cant decide if I want to spend more money on the clio (throttle bodies or turbo) or sell and swap. My car is currently stripped out with just two bucket seats and harnesses with snap off steering wheel, full ktec exhaust and decat, coilovers, 421cat cams and a ph1cylinder head. On 82800 miles.

If I was to swap it would be to something jap and turbo, list of cars is;
Mitsubushi evo 8
Nissan 200sx S14
Nissan S15 silvia
Mazda rx-7

Attachments

• yoda 5.jpg
    yoda 5.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 81
  • Yoda 1.jpeg
    Yoda 1.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 78
  • yoda 6.jpg
    yoda 6.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 86
  • yoda 7.jpg
    yoda 7.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 80
  • yoda 8.jpg
    yoda 8.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 85
If you were to sell it, I'd go for the EVO or RX7 :p

Then again, I know Batesy is happy with his turbo so its a hard choice really.

I'll buy the xenons off you if you do sell up though ;)

Yeah im more tempted by the rx-7 as insurance is only £300 compared to £2, 000 for evo haha

I know I do still love the car and does put a smile on my face still just unsure but am really tempted by throttle bodies just for the noise :p

172 Cup
I'd get the RX7, using the £1700 saved on insurance as a reserve for any mechanical troubles!

RB 182 FF
All cars mentioned bar the Evo 8 are a bit old school now aren't they! My mate has an Evo 8 and it's quite impressive after a remap but I still love hot hatches you can chuck around! The cheap parts and running costs of the Clio keep me hanging on to mine! The only thing I dislike is the crumby gearbox on the Clio!:dapprove: Id stick with the Clio or go for an Evo if running costs don't bother you too much! :)

yeah i know there abit old but anything newer than an Evo 8 just doesnt do it for me prefer old stuff haha yeah i will admit for how much driving i do the clio is not to bad really on fuel compared to others but parts are not exactly the cheapest for them. Wont be swapping till after christmas if i decide to so gives me a few more months savings :p Ideally id like to be able to just put the clio in garage and build a full race car while having another toy for a daily but untill i get my own house no chance of that :(