ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom’s New ice install for 2003

sell me the subs cheap

then we can discuss ;)

what are you wanting???

same kit, just with a radical new design??

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Nooo those subs are staying

far to rare to sell "cheap"

same kit with a new design

already started building "radical component setup" up front involving two mid bass drivers

fibreglass??

mdf??

give me a breakdown of how you want it to look (i.e. subs as they are, one at each side, both in the middle at an angle)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i was thinking of superstealth this year

i would love to use the boot a bit more maybe have the subs opposed in the arches

that is the easy part,

are you going to keep the same boxes, or make your own this time??

and the big Q, are you prepared to use more screws this time in favour of ditchin the compression install??

amps on show or not?? and how about cooling, the mrd1000 will kill itself under heavy loads if not vented properly

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Going to make my own i think

the compression install idea might have to go in favour of a more modular "click in" type install (to allow the use of one sub some of the time)

not that im knocking my compression install the car flexes like f**k without the install in place.

as for cooling i have been working on my own version of chilll for the mrd1000 after the old hifonics/fire/smoke situation

amps should be on show as the mrd has a really cool status display

ill have a play at work tomorrow and see what sort of designs i can create for you

though they will not be accurate as i have no dimensions

have drew up a mock of what it could look like

both from front view, top view and 3-d (ish) view,

will post tomorrow when i wire my scanner up again

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 18 May 2003

working on my own version of chilll for the mrd1000 after the old hifonics/fire/smoke situation

What happened with the Hifonics amp ?? Im worried now. Ive got one (z400)

lol!

Tom why dont you get them stealth boxes made for clio wheel arches so they fit in snug and save a lot of space? Then you could make a trick perpex shelf with neons and mount the amp on it.

Just a thought.

-Rob

I got a b in a level art too!! Im an artist!! well at least i was until i found stella artois. now im just a piss artist. lol

Danielle westbrooke?!! jeez i must av been pissed.

Watch this space for the next pic, im thinking of drawing a stealth install!

tomtom - a compression install is where you have no need for screws, everything fits so tightly that it wont move no matter how hard it tries to

well thats the basics of it anyway