ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Clio Dynamique S Project - midlands - coilovered - MASSIVELY PIC HEAVY!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Haha wow, that really is something different to do to a diesel jag!

Ah well done dude:) I bet it was a HUGE pain in the ass!

No probs at all, I want to be doing as much detailing and paint correction work as possible:)
yeah, rather cool tbh :)

yeah was a right pain to get it all out in one. ended up taking half of the dash out to unplug the ecu.. -_-

will pm you when iv desided on a week day to do daves shed :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Lol yeah! :) ......actually, i quite like it....sounds like i have a big cool pigeon in my car that keeps making noise

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Lol yeah! :) ......actually, i quite like it....sounds like i have a big cool pigeon in my car that keeps making noise

'A big cool pigeon'..I know yesterday you said you had a hangover but I didn't realise you were still drunk;)

Cadwell Park was amazing btw, will put up pics tonight!:)

Superleggera'd MK3
Jealous of the pigeon??? Yeah thought so ;) Btw yeah i was definetley still drunk that morning....day was written off except for a cheeky car wash. When u getting Cadwell Park pics up!.......NOW! :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Off up to Solihul on the thurs now mate if your around. Get some pics if uv got a good camera? If not, I will just pop by and sabotage your car for banter :)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Off up to Solihul on the thurs now mate if your around. Get some pics if uv got a good camera? If not, I will just pop by and sabotage your car for banter :)

You wouldn't dare sabotage my car;)

are you alive mate? me and andy have tried to ring you haha :eek:

Haha yes I am dude, sorry, had a crazy day at college, just seen all the missed calls! I rang jonspeed y'day and dropped it there this morning and it's been MOT'd & the springs have been fitted:) I wanted to go through you & andy but I would've had to slave my mates into bringing me back and fourth from andy's and being without my car for a day:p Thank you so much for recommending him though, he's a great guy!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
haha no probs. went johnspeeds today to take an mx5 for a MOT. speaking to them about your car, aperntly they had your front bumper off to put the adjuster back in your headlight properly. carl was being a mardy sod about it and the other guy opted to do your shocks FLOL

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
haha no probs. went johnspeeds today to take an mx5 for a MOT. speaking to them about your car, aperntly they had your front bumper off to put the adjuster back in your headlight properly. carl was being a mardy sod about it and the other guy opted to do your shocks FLOL

See! Bloody headlights are a nightmare on these MK3's. Had to take the bumper off mine too because my massive man hands couldn't change a bulb on the passenger side.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
they arent easy on a mk2 dci. so much s**t in the way, one being a massive engine mount and the other side being a battery supposedly from a van rammed in lol.
carl recons its the hardest type he's done apart from a rs megane

MK3 1.4 dynamique s

Haha it was a hilarious ordeal! Bumper off, headlight out, refit adjuster, then the rear shocks, all for £60, can't complain, they're all fantastic guys so thank you so much for telling me sour them! Ill be looking to get my wheels refurbed before CSS so ill look at doing a deal with andy;)

also, have you booked CSS yet? And I'm camping with some mates from Nuneaton & also on here, fancy joining us mate?

p.s. got my west mids stickers now, will out pics up shortly of them & my day at cadwell:)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Appologies! ICT coursework is taking over my life at the moment:(

pics as promise - Sorry about the lateness!

photo1_zpsd5bfc0cf.jpg

photo2_zps899e0c57.gif

photo3_zps18c9bca5.jpg

photo4_zpsdbe6b41c.jpg

photo1_zpsac0aa366.jpg

photo2_zpsb65a1cb0.jpg

photo3_zps9a504407.jpg

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
So, after being picked up by my mate in his mk5 ZS 1.6 fiesta at 4:15am last saturday we headed up north to Cadwell Park, upon arriving at 7:30am I started taking pictures of literally everything - being my first ever open pit lane track day!

First up, Ford GT40 Replica, flew past us too many times, sounded EVIL.

Second pic is the queue to enter the track at 8:30am, us following a skyline which unsurprisingly, flew on the straights whistling it's arse off!

The Ibiza cupra is mapped to 220bhp and the mk5 track car is running a 1.7 puma engine - these were the guys we went with!

It didn't take me long to find a clio;)

This scoobie & RS133 Twingo (clearer pic to follow) were both very stealthy looking..i fell in love with the twingo;)

and yes..the rich kids were there..open pit track day and some geezers turn up with a ferrari F430 race car and an RV..taking the piss..I thought so, but it was fun to attempt to chase it all day;)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
photo4_zps42c53e55.jpg

Radical SR2 I believe, all i remember was it was an orange bullet, immense handling and speed, flew round the track all day long

photo5_zps48f78784.jpg

Our mate Jay chasing a beautiful Ultima GTR in his Cupra, i'm a huge fan of GTR's so seeing one of these made my day!

photo2_zps2eb8774f.jpg

spotted this clio 172 with a cliosport sticker in the rear window - feel free to reveal yourself whoever this was!
Next to it a BMW 535D, looks like a businessmans lease car..ridiculous power, the guy drove it like he'd stole it, hilarious to watch:p

photo3_zps0c550c4d.jpg

Casual Ultima GTR Can-Am & GT40 picccc:)

photo4_zpse8a3004a.jpg

Love this little beast;)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
haha sorry for the late reply mate, been working overtime on shift so sleeping allot in the day lol.
yeah im going css, havent booked yet as iv still got to buy parts for the dci. will book it soon.
got a few mates going from nuneaton aswell , 206gti and a panda turbo.

could all convoy down ?

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
haha sorry for the late reply mate, been working overtime on shift so sleeping allot in the day lol.
yeah im going css, havent booked yet as iv still got to buy parts for the dci. will book it soon.
got a few mates going from nuneaton aswell , 206gti and a panda turbo.

could all convoy down ?

No probs at all dude, hope your well:)
Sounds like a plan, theres some other guys here who'd like to convoy with us also, will have to sort it, could be a good one by the look's of it!:)

Looks like a really good day. Need to go to some myself by the looks of things but my 1.2 wouldn't cope. DCI RAZ, fancy dropping a 225 engine in my mk3 haha?

I'd be down as often as possible when I eventually get a R27.

The big question though Tom is how did Kieran do haha? Especially on his road tyres?

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Looks like a really good day. Need to go to some myself by the looks of things but my 1.2 wouldn't cope. DCI RAZ, fancy dropping a 225 engine in my mk3 haha?

The big question though Tom is how did Kieran do haha? Especially on his road tyres?

It was an awesome day, had an amazing time! haha:p

Really really well actually, his tyres held up so well I was shocked! He didn't come off the track, we had a few close call's but he corrected them well, oddly, I actually felt rather safe..even at 100mph in a ford..!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i want that twingo! im sure that thing is hybrid turbo'd

yeah sound mate, i can lead the convoy as adny gave me all his orange emergancy lights haha . going to wire them in for a laugh:D

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
i want that twingo! im sure that thing is hybrid turbo'd

yeah sound mate, i can lead the convoy as adny gave me all his orange emergancy lights haha . going to wire them in for a laugh:D

And me, it was RAPID so a hyb' turbo wouldn't surprise me at all!
Sounds awesome to me dude, lets do it!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

if you let me put a massive turbo on it then yes :eek:

Haha that's good! Didn't wipe out any £100k+ cars. I'd imagine it would understeer more than anything which is easier to correct then oversteer! I bet that little Fiesta can shift!
Talking about oversteer, I did a 1 handed drift the other day round a 90° left that takes you onto the A45 in Rugby. Would have probably slid onto the first lane sideways if it wasn't for the Vreds on the front. I Wasn't even going fast! That part of the tarmac is slippery at best and my worn right side rear tyre must have hit a patch of water. Felt like someone ripped my handbrake for me lol. Need to get Vreds on the back me thinks.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
yupp, soon to be slightly down tunned as its getting abit costly on parts :eek:

think the upcoming track car dci will be even more metal.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
got my insurance in aug ti pay for first lol. more happy that is a dam sight cheaper now.
thought about getting a 1.2tce but the mk3 platform cant cross match allot of stuff. hence why you lot have camber issues when lowering.

Loved it when I got my 1yr ncb! :) Do seem to have difficulties with non sport mk3's. There doesn't appear to be many after market upgrades you can just pick up of the shelf or buy online and fit straight on.
Took Ksykes awhile to find camber bolts that fitted. I've still got some Mark 2 sport Eibach camber bolts that I need to sell as they're too large.

Luckily coilovers were part adjustable to fix the positive camber. Running -1 camber on all 4 wheels without camber bolts.

Have thought about putting a 172 engine in the mk3 but I have really no clue and what it will involve. You seem to be quite knowledgeable on the subject though. Can we PM so we're not hijacking Tom's thread haha?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
yup feel free to pm me :) yes, not many aftermarket options that fit. had a mk3 at work that we had to have the hubs off and machined out to fit racing shocks due to the bolt spacing profile. im surprised tom has got away with the camber issues being so low tbh

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
tom , what colour you thinking of doing your wheels? TVR PURPLE or nissan midnight purple would be epic on your colour :p

I'm really not sure dude, I keep having these crazy ideas but never follow them through because I look at my car and think to myself 'why on earth would i do that?!'

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and make a crazy awsome colour choice. im actaully thinking of changing my wheels to electric blue :eek:

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
It's been a while since i posted so to summarise the last month i've been revising for my A level exams and making the most of the sun we've had here in the midlands, lots of bbq's!
Now the rain's back I felt like doing an update:

Got my west mids stickers, both internal, decided to be different and do one on the front + also the rear
photo3_zpsc9754cbe.jpg

photo4_zps85166ba4.jpg

as the weather was glorious for a week or two last month I had a few car cleaning sessions at gone 8pm at night, lovely warm light evening, amazing!
photo5_zps4b0b9ae5.jpg

Lastly,
A guy I know has opened a car magazine so I got a couple of pics done and a little feature, here's a couple of teaser pics!
photo1_zpsb69ee063.jpg

photo2_zpscffa3d4b.jpg

There'll be more to come so watch this space:)

Feel free to comment, all opinions welcome as always!

MK3 1.2 Dynamique SX
I've only read the first couple pages of this thread but 100% one of my favourite cars on the website, I didn't realise how much nicer changing the indicator bulbs were, looks a thousand times better, will have to consider that myself now, great car and love every mod

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Looks awesome............ Would love a photo meet with are clio's together.........

Cheers dude! That would be brilliant, will have to sort something:)

I've only read the first couple pages of this thread but 100% one of my favourite cars on the website, I didn't realise how much nicer changing the indicator bulbs were, looks a thousand times better, will have to consider that myself now, great car and love every mod

Really glad your a fan aaron! It's amazing how much difference the smallest mods make, throwing money at your car doesn't always get you the biggest and best results:) Hope to meet you at CSS mate!

Renault Clio
Lovely car mate! Im also from the West Mids too! :)

I love the blue lights on the front mate, how much are they?