ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom’s 55 ‘RB 182’

RB Clio 182
So my new coolant tank arrived this morning

Old

75FE4BE8-6C2E-4DB0-8E6F-D51EF2B8ED71.jpeg

78CBBED5-7412-4CD6-AB7B-2A4AE3C00A7A.jpeg

New

A7518C6E-D565-43B8-BEAE-4F098621E537.jpeg

A5890835-A395-4492-AD57-C58E55F0751B.jpeg

Comparison

102DD189-01C0-49D8-8883-255999B809BD.jpeg

It will look nice when i change the coolant to the type d bright green stuff.

No offence to diamond motors, but the sticker had to go, its also nice to see the ecu bracket in one piece lol

01BF9C29-CCBE-4959-A3F2-0FD4B6B74114.jpeg

RB Clio 182
Looking good mate.

How'd you change the coolant bottle and how easy was it to do?
piece of piss mate, unbolt both 10mm bolts, remove top hose clip with pliers, pull off hose, then take tank off both bolts and lay it on its back so you lose no coolant, then take bottom clip off with pliers and remove the hose(zero coolant lost)

Pour coolant out of old tank into new tank, then refit in reverse.

Obviously the correct way is to change the coolant, but i forgot to buy some so this is how i changed the tank without loosing any.

New coolant is now added to my list.

RB Clio 182
That's some graft you've put in Tom. I've had my car 18 months and those jobs are still on my to do list[emoji23]

Haha cheers mate, theyre only small little things, but they make such a difference to the appearance.

New coolant bottle is like night and day with the difference, yet again small steps that make all the difference :up:

Cheers steve, yeah its well worth the money, itll look even better with fresh coolant :smile:

Ok, rewind a little.....

What happened to the arctic turbo?

But, RB! Yes Tom!

Keeping my eyes involved in this thread for sure.
Hi Mark, i sold it on the off chance to Russ(sound chap)

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/my-arctic-monkeys-172-cup-182-tubby.813429/

Yea i love the colour mate, i cant wait to get the buffer on it :up:

RB Clio 182
Fucksticks, my car has new budgets on the front, and ps3s on the rear with 5mm+, but ive just notice that one ps3 is a 195 and the other is a 205!

I was going to get two new front ps3s so they are all matching, but now i need 3, but if i get 3 then one rear will be 5mm+ and the other will be new.

Would you get 3 new ps3s and have one rear slightly lower on tread, or just buy all 4?

Would it make mush difference handling wise?

Cheers.

RB Clio 182
The inlet mani looks fantastic, what paint did you use if you don't mind me asking?
Has it darkened on the top because of the heat over time or was that your doing?
Hi mate, no its not darkened at all, thats just the shadows and relections from the bonnet carpet, it looks better like that tho haha, i used halfords chrome paint, its really shiny, not quite chrome, but shinier than silver, itll look better when i do the engine brackets and rocker cover etc so it all matches :up:

Renault Clio 172
New car looks smart mate. Just get 4 new federal rsr's and have done with. Having different width tyres across the same axle is an mot fail too although youd be unlucky to get pulled for it... suppose ya could say its a space saver lol