ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom’s 55 ‘RB 182’

New car looks smart mate. Just get 4 new federal rsr's and have done with. Having different width tyres across the same axle is an mot fail too although youd be unlucky to get pulled for it... suppose ya could say its a space saver lol

MOT failure? Seriously. That's a new one ob me. Condition/integrity only afaik.

RB Clio 182
So i wasnt going to go for spacers this time around, but the wheels sunken into the arches was annoying me, so i went for two brand new sets of 20mm hub centric spacers with longer bolts front and rear, it needs slight lows now but it does look better.

D033762C-916C-4AE2-8EDC-F4E8C1D5463E.jpeg
E504CA47-9A37-4A74-980B-23866BC0DCFA.jpeg

2057DC56-C98F-4123-A585-BB2CE457E595.jpeg

20AFBE13-EEA2-49EE-A0D3-905EBD6590C8.jpeg
4107D82F-B9F9-4A4D-B4E2-638B0BE73963.jpeg

RB Clio 182
Yep it needs lows now Tom. @Louis' might have some cooksports available soon? It's it still running OK mate, injectors still OK?
Oh and welcome back, it's been quiet this week[emoji23]
Hi mate, yes the curs running absolute brilliant, its noce bot having to listen for dodgy noises all the time from the turbo build haha, ive still got your injectors mate so when i see you ill bring them along.

Yes @Louis' if youre selling them give me a shout bud :)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate, yes the curs running absolute brilliant, its noce bot having to listen for dodgy noises all the time from the turbo build haha, ive still got your injectors mate so when i see you ill bring them along.

Yes @Louis' if youre selling them give me a shout bud :smile:
Glad you're back posting Tom!
Yeah I will have some available but I don't know when. Lots to do first before fitting bilsteins

RB Clio 182
Glad you're back posting Tom!
Yeah I will have some available but I don't know when. Lots to do first before fitting bilsteins

Thanks Louis, ok bud just let me know when/if you come to sell them and ill have them off you :)

Yep, that looks waaaay better now, nicely done! Cooksports will finish off the look fo' sure.

Thanks Steven, yea itll look nice on cooksports, i think im going to order 195 tyres so i dont get any scrubbing as my old one scrubbed with 20mm front spacers on apex with 205 tyres, but the front was very low, but it didnt scrub with 195 tyres.

RB Clio 182
I bought an oil catch tank for my turbo just before i sold it and i never got the chance to fit it, so rather than it sat in the shed i decided to do just that, it probably wont do much and i can always take it off in about 90 seconds, it looks ok but i wish i bought black

4121BA15-48F1-4816-AF49-15B51B084AD7.jpeg

My alloy bend also arrived on Monday so i fitted the induction kit, ive missed the na raw, it sounds awesome
97A1C641-D92A-4758-824F-3BF1C5B28468.jpeg

I might give the car its first wash and stick a coat of wax on for a bit of protection until i get time to detail it if i get a decent day over the weekend, i may also spray the engine bracket and rocker cover and polish the aircon pipes etc, and give the bay a general tidy up and clean.

RB Clio 182
I went out earlier in this car and its f**king awesome, really f**king awesome, i little bit slower than my last one in a straight line after 80(not by that much) but everywhere else its f**king insane!

Love it to bits, wow!

Im really addicted! I wanna shag it.

You need to wring its neck and redline it almost in every gear, but its f**king fun, and probably just a as quick round track as my turbo.

Dont turbo a 1*2, its just not worth it, they the absolute perfect package(renault did good)

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
Thats because who built it was a clown
Probably, plus more boost and a bigger turbo.

I can guarantee i wouldnt own another.

No disrespect to anyone that owns/build one, im just going off my personal experiences.

I wish you every luck in the world.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Probably, plus more boost and a bigger turbo.

I can guarantee i wouldnt own another.

No disrespect to anyone that owns/build one, im just going off my personal experiences.

I wish you every luck in the world.

Yeah id be put off too after your ordeal, id only look at engine dynamics personally, their work seems to be good and not hearing bad things about them.

535d / t5 caravelle
I went out earlier in this car and its f**king awesome, really f**king awesome, i little bit slower than my last one in a straight line after 80(not by that much) but everywhere else its f**king insane!
)

Surely not? Don’t get me wrong the clio’s Are awesome when ragging there tits off and Their fairly quick, but my old r26 (296bhp) would have absolutely destroyed my Clio 172 cup any gear,any speed, any situation, the Clio would have looked like it was in reverse, so surely your turbo’d Clio would do the same and more?

Maybe the excitement of the new rb is getting to you?

Good progress btw, looks lots better with the spacers and ( back tracking here ) stripes removed.

RB Clio 182
Surely not? Don’t get me wrong the clio’s Are awesome when ragging there tits off and Their fairly quick, but my old r26 (296bhp) would have absolutely destroyed my Clio 172 cup any gear,any speed, any situation, the Clio would have looked like it was in reverse, so surely your turbo’d Clio would do the same and more?

Maybe the excitement of the new rb is getting to you?

Good progress btw, looks lots better with the spacers and ( back tracking here ) stripes removed.
Yea youre right its probably a fair bit slower, i think its the instant power and no lag of the na that im loving, i was over exaggerating, its just quicker than i remember in standard form, no rocket ship, just fairly nippy.

535d / t5 caravelle
Yea youre right its probably a fair bit slower, i think its the instant power and no lag of the na that im loving, i was over exaggerating, its just quicker than i remember in standard form, no rocket ship, just fairly nippy.
Tbf there plenty quick enough for the roads, all usable power, everytime i thought id sell my cup, i took it oyt on the right roads and decided it was staying lol.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Couldn't agree more with the comments in here about the clio. Id love to have a go in a low boost clio 182 as I bet that would be the sweet spot. The issue with boosted clios is thst you can't plant it around corners like you can with na factory built sports as there's simply too much going on and you need a diff really.

Car looks stunning Tom. Can tell why you're happy.

RB Clio 182
So true !

Yea it probably didnt help, im really surprised actually to find out it did have meggy pistons.

But the 225 weighs half as much again as a 1*2! A Meg with the clio na lump in wouldn't have been competitive in the market. If you want a turbo Renault though it's probably wiser to just go and buy a megane than ruin a clio!

Totally agree mate, you live and learn tho, @dann2707 is doing it properly imo, i wouldnt turbo a none turbo car again, but dan is using the meggy lump and box which were built for the job.

Never a truer word said. Clios are all about that go kart feel. And (most) go karts don't have turbo lag.

All that being said, I reckon @Mr. Plums was just too scared to see how quick the turbo one really was :tongueout:

Hahaha, youre 100% right Gherk, i was constantly thinking that it would blow up(not scared of the speed :tongueclosed:)

Couldn't agree more with the comments in here about the clio. Id love to have a go in a low boost clio 182 as I bet that would be the sweet spot. The issue with boosted clios is thst you can't plant it around corners like you can with na factory built sports as there's simply too much going on and you need a diff really.

Car looks stunning Tom. Can tell why you're happy.

True mate, and thanks for the comment bud, im proper cringing about the above comment i made of this car lastnight hahaha

RB Clio 182
Just finished cleaning the car, it looks proper mint, its in better condition than my arctic and has 30k more miles, and that was in good condition for its age.

Ill get some pics up tomorrow, itll look even better when ive buffed it to bits.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Just finished cleaning the car, it looks proper mint, its in better condition than my arctic and has 30k more miles, and that was in good condition for its age.

Ill get some pics up tomorrow, itll look even better when ive buffed it to bits.

Glad you have ended up happy with this mate after all the hassle stress and expense with the artic you deserve it after all that s**t !