ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom Clancys The Division

DCi
One of the tutorial missions won't put a tick in the box (upgrade field hospital) even though it's at about 50%

Google said known bug in the beta but grr

This is Destiny in NYC if you like destiny you'll like this. I have blue weapons at the mo but trying to find higher ones

I think I need to team up in the dark zone I keep getting bummed

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get all three of my weapons as High-Ends, just got the Midas SMG which has insane perks relating to critical hits and skill cooldowns.

rbickj.jpg

You've summarised my points in that picture, perfectly Jack. Very little 'means' anything. You've got a primary DPS of 102k+ on an SMG? How does that compare to my AK-47 with ACOG sight, extended mag, forward grip and compensator barely managing 1/50th of the same damage? You've got 57k of health against myself with a few hundred? It must be that milkman's beanie hat that allows that - especially as your character's kit appears to look quite similar to mine.

The game has allowed your weapons to increment to a point where like-for-like against a Level 1 character, your tiny SMG has the hitting power of an ICBM. Why not allow it to go to 1,002,385 DPS with a lifted level cap? Or 10,002,385 DPS for that matter? Crazily, the game without a level cap would allow you to get that that because by then you'd be on Level 214 and to compensate, the game would auto-adjust those scary looking baseball-hat wearing hoodlums to be on Level 212-216.

I feel like I'm playing a game of stacking numbers (hence my original spreadsheet reference) than an enjoyable, progressive and immersive game. I love RPGs too - but I also appreciate some logic behind what I'm seeing on the screen. If in a totally different game, myself and my cohorts have little more than pistols - then taking on a gang equipped with assault rifles isn't going to end well. That's a given and thinking a way around them or finding their weakness later is what makes the game enjoyable. Instead, going down The Division/Dead Island/Borderlands route - I can return with the same looking gun that the game tells me is all-powerful - and attempt to take out not just gang members, but tanks, low-flying jets and small buildings from a ripped up clip of 9mm ammo.

It's lazy - and in a lot of ways, certainly doesn't engage the player. I'm far from saying accurate bullet dynamics should be featured in every game out there. Or that penetration ratings for all ammo should be factored in. After all, the number of one-shot kills would make the game quite boring in its reoccurring death for the player. But please let me accept, believe and understand that my Barrett .50 rifle is more powerful than an M416. And that the M416 is more powerful than an M9 Beretta. I don't need a meaningless number to tell me that - I just know.

DCi
I just lost 30k in DZ exp because some bellend on my team went rogue.

I'm never gonna get to rank 50 at this rate.

So many f**king useless cretins.
It would be hilarious to help someone the blow them up as the heli arrives and pinch all the loot

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I followed some dude round in the DZ earlier, waited for him to order an extraction, just as the helicopter arrived I stuck him with a sticky bomb, blew him up and fired a few shotgun shells at him, stole his loot then extracted it haha he was not pleased [emoji18]

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I got an Xbox One and this game yesterday. Really enjoying it so far.

How do I get out of matchmaking though? I did one of the missions with someone else but afterwards couldn't find a way to get rid of them lol.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Lol at level 30. I'm on 9. Don't think that's bad when I got it on Thursday night.

Had my first go in the DZ last night. You rank up much much quicker in their than the normal game. Also, I assume the only way outta the DZ (other than dying) is the extraction points?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Another question. If I have a level 3 gun with DPM of 2500 and a level 6 gun with DPM of 2300 the level 3 gun is obviously better right?

It just seems strange to have lower level guns that are better than the higher level ones.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at level 30. I'm on 9. Don't think that's bad when I got it on Thursday night.

Had my first go in the DZ last night. You rank up much much quicker in their than the normal game. Also, I assume the only way outta the DZ (other than dying) is the extraction points?
You can walk through the purple doors to leave. But the loot has to be extracted.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I don't get the difference in health and stamina?

Also, some guns I have have a much higher DMG rating yet being down my primary DPS.

DMG is the damage per round. DPM is affected by other factors. As I understand it at least.

DPM is great if every round hits the target (unlikely with recoil) but DMG is better for a marksman rifle with single headshots. I think.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
DPS is Damage Per Second.

So low DMG but high RPM can mean better DPS than high DMG low RPM, it's a calculation.

As Roy says though, you need to factor in recoil, which is often very severe on the guns with very high DPS, not point in high DPS if lots of your bullets don't hit.

I tend to go high DPS for a close combat weapon.

Stability mods are a must in this game IMO.

Clio 182 - RB
Currently level 20 in 'normal' game and 22 in DZ, great game once you get the grips of it. It is very Destiny like.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Just hit level 30 on this and 30 DZ. what sort of builds are people going for ? I'm starting to think stacking health is pointless, I go down like a sack of spuds ! Currently got about 56k firearms 88k stamina.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Just hit level 30 on this and 30 DZ. what sort of builds are people going for ? I'm starting to think stacking health is pointless, I go down like a sack of spuds ! Currently got about 56k firearms 88k stamina.
High firepower, moderate health, no skill for me.

Now at 142k DPS with 70k health, 10k skill power.

I want to hit 150k DPS without dropping health.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
High firepower, moderate health, no skill for me.

Now at 142k DPS with 70k health, 10k skill power.

I want to hit 150k DPS without dropping health.
Jesus, I don't have any high end gear yet, currently saving up my Phoenix credits for the blueprints from the base vendor :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Final nail in the coffin for me on this. Why on earth would I need to defend supplies from gangs? Surely those supplies are worth more to the gangs than actual currency in a crisis like the game portrays? Retrieving supplies from gangs - now that's an entirely different thing....

Level 10 achieved. Not one step into the Dark Zone. A mate of mine still plays this, so I might team up with him now and then. But other than that, I'm out.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
so, is this any good?

• Pretty? Yes.
  • Good multiplayer - especially with mates? Yes.
  • Good single player? Gets boring quick.
  • Much depth? No - unless weapon stats are your be-all-and-end-all to a game.
  • Apparently this is like Destiny from what I've read. If you liked that, I'm guessing you'd like this.
If I could sell my PC copy on, I would.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm going to wait until its cheaper, doesn't sound like its worth £40 to me. I wish games were more focused on Single Player or Co-Op campaign but that obviously doesn't appeal to the mass market it seems.

R26.R & 200T
Bored of it, games very repetitive. Its very much like the 1st assassin creed, actully idea of the game is good but could do with abit more content and refinement. If they do a second one im sure it will be alot better.

£30 posted for Ps4 if anyones interested.

DCi
one thing i like about this game is that when the next wave of enemies come along it reacts very well to how your team pressure them, if you let them come at you they can overwhelm you but if you get on the front foot you can suppress and flank them - it's clever how its up to you rather than just following some kind of script every time

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I guess I'm well placed to review it all now.

I absolutely loved the game while there was something to work towards, the missions are great, some of the end missions are truly brilliant, and the co-op is great fun.

The problem with the game is endgame isn't good enough. Once you've got decent gear, what are you working towards anymore? You can do challenges, but all you get is more gear, that is no better than the gear you get from grinding in the DZ. There's no incentive.

I'm already seeing the online aspect of this game falling off a cliff, many like myself put hours and hours in racing to endgame and then found endgame to be a disappointment, I've already noticed a rapid decrease in people online - we're not going to log on everyday to do a repeat of the same mission on a harder difficulty for a piece of gear no better than the gear we already have.

The main problem with this game has been balance, and it seems to be the one area they've got majorly wrong in different areas. PvP is pretty much non-existent because the risk and reward ratio for going rogue is fucked, the chance to gain about 600 exp for surviving rogue, versus losing 30,000 exp for being killed while rogue, how the f**k did they ever think anyone was going to go for that? As a result, everyone in the DZ is doing the same grind, PvE for loot drops, all the reviews before release were like "you get the best loot in the DZ, but you'll have a hard time getting it out of the DZ" - that has absolutely not been the case, getting items out of the DZ is a breeze because there's no danger of PvP killing you, and most people are working together even if they're not in a group, so there's no danger or challenge.

Also, the exp balance in the DZ is fucked too, I get the same amount of exp for killing a named NPC in DZ01 that I can kill in two headshots, as I do for killing a named NPC in DZ06 that takes 20 headshots. They're both just as likely to drop the same loot as well, so what incentive is there to go into the harder DZ areas? Well there is none really, and as such DZ05 and 06 are a ghost land, you rarely ever bump into other people, everyone is doing the same farming route between the Sports Store, Library, Refuelling Station and killing the NPCs down in 02 and 03.

I'm personally left with nothing to work for now, my gear isn't going to get any better, other than marginally, and I'm not going to grind for 4 hours on the off chance I might get a weapon mod that adds a few hundred more to my DPS, because I don't need any better stats because there's nothing that requires me being better, there are no "raids" yet and I don't need to be my best for PvP because there is no PvP.

I think they've dropped the ball slightly, they've made a very good game which drew a lot of hype and pulled a lot of people in, but they haven't offered enough to keep those people at endgame, and I wonder whether by the time they do add more, there will still be a large online community.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So, managed to hit level 30 on my first character today. Did one of the daily missions, the amount of Purple drops was insane. I haven't done any more DZ since hitting this level but I suppose I should do.

I just went on to continue with my second character - levelling a second time isn't great!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Lots of good updates in tomorrows patch.

They're removing the Bullet King farming method so if you want Phoenix Credits get it done now before it's gone.

They're addressing some of the things I mentioned, you'll now get better loot drops from killing the enemies in the harder DZ areas, along with getting more Phoenix Credits from up north. They're also changing the balance of risk and reward for going rogue and killing rogues, which is good news.

• Players killed in the Dark Zone will lose less Dark Zone Funds and Experience (Rogue and non-Rogue)
  • Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for surviving Rogue status have been improved
  • Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for killing Rogue agents have been improved
  • Increased drop rate of High-End items from lvl 31 and 32 named NPCs in the Dark Zone.
  • Increased drop rate of High-End Division Tech Material from lvl 32 named NPCs in the Dark Zone.
  • Improved Dark Zone Chests items quality:
  • Rank 30 chests will now drop Superior (Purple) items instead of Specialized (Blue)
  • Keys chests now have a chance to drop High-End (Gold) items

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm trying to find the sweet spot in balancing out primary DPS and health. Not really too fussed about skill power. Ideally want my primary DPS much higher, but when I up my DPS and my health goes down, I get taken out so easily in the DZ.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I think they've dropped the ball slightly, they've made a very good game which drew a lot of hype and pulled a lot of people in, but they haven't offered enough to keep those people at endgame, and I wonder whether by the time they do add more, there will still be a large online community.

The sad thing is, when they release a game and everything is OP, then it's difficult to recover. Much better off making it harder to start with, gamers like a challenge and I really don't know why game devs are scared to release difficult stuff.

Single player is one thing, but where co-op is a thing, game devs should make the last third of the game impossible. Like actually impossible, the community will figure it out in the end and everyone remembers difficult games in a good way.

Mito Sportiva 135
Definitely. Destiny made that mistake - made all the y1 end game gear too good so all of y2 I feel less powerful although in theory I'm a lot more powerful

Went into the DZ for the second time last night - in an hour I got a ton of gear for my lv 20 character. There was just 2 of us so was quite tense whenever we bumped into another team but we helped/were helped by another paid extracting a few times. Once, I accidentally shot one and he panicked, returned fire and went rogue before we ended his run! He then respawned with his mate and were on good behaviour after that