ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too cheap? What could be wrong??

Swift Sport
As some of you know I'm car shopping again, and I've been looking at Civics and 182's (again!)

I saw a 2004 182 on 73k miles but after going to see it I noticed the engine warning light on and the steering wheel was melted badly. To its credit the bodywork was good and it did have cup suspension. It also has had the cambelt done not too long ago. He claims the engine management light is because it has a decat pipe.

The guy says he needs it gone by tomorrow and has offered it me for £1700 with 6 months tax.

Does this sound suspicious? What could be wrong? It drove fine!

Very tempted to snap it up, but wary at the same time!

Thoughts?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Have a look at it. I've just sold a car well under the odds because I needed it gone asap.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
As some of you know I'm car shopping again, and I've been looking at Civics and 182's (again!)

I saw a 2004 182 on 73k miles but after going to see it I noticed the engine warning light on and the steering wheel was melted badly. To its credit the bodywork was good and it did have cup suspension. It also has had the cambelt done not too long ago. He claims the engine management light is because it has a decat pipe.

The guy says he needs it gone by tomorrow and has offered it me for £1700 with 6 months tax.

Does this sound suspicious? What could be wrong? It drove fine!

Very tempted to snap it up, but wary at the same time!

Thoughts?

Decat can bring the light on, but saying that if it's got a good engine you can brake a 182 for much more than £1700

Get hold of a OBDii reader or a handy CS member. Check the fault code, you can remove the emissions light(Engine light) but most of the time they just come back.

If he has proof of the cambelt it sounds good.

Swift Sport
The guy seems okay too, not a chav or shady looking or anything. He just said he's found 6 months work down south that he can't turn down so he needs it gone ASAP.

172 cup
Yeh sounds like it is not bad at all if it has good service history and paper work for machinical parts to back it up and great bodywork and interiour to mach i would snap it up at that . Beleave me you will kick yourself if you miss it and you look at others and they dont compare to what you could off had . Does sound like de-cat has put light on re set it if you can and should stay off for a bit again . Mine has a de-cat pipe but my engine light has never been on in my 172 cup. Sounds a nice wee car for money with good millage ect . Happy car shopping

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Interesting. Even if it needs bits surely it's still cheap enough?

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Get it bought!

At that money with the belts done, if you find something you're not happy about after you've bought it you could very easily and quickly sell it on at the same price or more (or just get it fixed). If he's a desperate as he sounds for a sale I'd even try and be cheeky and offer £1500.

Its alright i don't want it:) but if its close to the walsall area i can pop along with an eagle eye and code reader!!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
As said, offer £1500....worth a risk at that price.

Swift Sport
I've tried £1500, but £1700 is his lowest. That's good of you Martin but I don't finish work until 10pm, so I'm going to be buying it late tonight. I've already seen it and been a ride in it so I'm happy with the car, just slightly suspicious due to the price.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Just buy it, you cannot lose financially if it's running fine, Dash lights come on even if the brake lights aren't earthing properly ( service and TCS light )

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Get it, run it down Fred's for a mechanical once over, Altho I doubt much will be wrong if it looks straight and true.

The price Is to good to miss. As said worth more in parts if it's not what you wanted

FF Racing Blue 182
Go for it mate....i was talking to a guy who had won one on ebay for £1800 and it was a FF 2004 100k on the clock with FSH

Seem to be going cheap these days