ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

too wide?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hiya guys just posting on behalf of a mate, he is looking at a set of alloys for his ph1 172. they are pcd 4 x 100, have 205/40/17 but the seller doesnt know the offset or what car they came off, all she knows is that the rim is 8.5'' wide, will thisbe too wide??

wouldnt that rub??i have 205/40/17 (not sure of the rim width) but witha full load in the back it rubs!

M2 Competition
8.5 will probably be a bit wide for a 172 mate, 7 is more the norm.

Also, 205/40 tyres will be a proper stretch over those rims!

yeh thats what i was thinking, the person is saying the offset is 8.5 inches i presume they mean the width??

they dont know what the et is tho?

i think im getting confused?

M2 Competition
You'll need, pcd (bolt spacing) 4x100, et38ish (offset) and width of 7". Would be better going no bigger than 16's on a ph1 172, but im sure this will open a whole can of worms, lol.

Turbos.
So presuming it has a near OEM offset the wheel stick inside and outside by 3/4 of an inch. If it rubs on the inside on an OEM offset when slammed you would need around an ET18. I'd say this is ok on the front as my Cup wheels are well inside the arches... rear might be a problem.

The ET is stamped on the wheel, so get the seller to check.

Chocolate Bar™
maximum width would be 8'' on an et35 if you wanted to keep them in the arch lol