ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Took the dynamique for a few laps in Curitiba

F4R'd ph2 Dynamique
Hello everyone!

I have finally had the chance to take part in a trackday here in Curitiba, Brazil. Trackdays are unfortunately not very common around here yet, so I have been waiting for this chance for a long long time.

I got a set of slick 15" Pirellis used in our local Clio Cup for free from a friend of mine, so all I needed was a set of wheels (bought some Sandero ones, bad offset though, planning on changing them for the next trackday) and a quick backseat+spare wheel removal, and I was good to go.

My clio is a 1.6 16v 2005 dynamique (rare model in Brazil since most brazilians like 4-door cars) with a custom made 4x2x1 exhaust calculated by a former Renault engineer that helped develop the 4x2x1 exhaust used in the clio 182. With the exhaust, sports filter and ECU remap it pushed 124bhp and 132lbft (17,9kgfm) at the rolling road. It also has Eibach pro-kit springs and uprated dampers for improved handling. Daily I run on 195/45 R16 tyres on original Renault Salsa 16" rims.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  Lionel Richie
that looks like a brilliant track! Your driving is not bad either (apart from the off! but you were trying at least!) looks like you need better brakes!

heal and toe too, impressive!

F4R'd ph2 Dynamique
thank you! it really is a great and fun track! we have been hosting the opening race of the WTCC season for a few years, not to mention many other national and international racing events.

The only downside is that there is that HUGE straight that makes my underpowered clio feel really slow. In the corners, on the other hand, i had enough torque and grip to really precisely put the car where i needed it..
i forgot to post a link to the best-lap list:

http://www.cronometragemaovivo.com....su&caid=2&etid=8&arquivo=2323082320101128.txt

oh and better brakes (drums in the rear need to go) and suspension are planned for the future ;) too bad it is REALLY difficult to find performance parts for this kind of car in Brazil...

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
How red is that?!!!!

Looks like you had a good day out.

Phones 4 U - FTW (you won't understand that, by the way).

02.jpg

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
looks great than, was convinced it was a red 172 at first! is it my eyesight or is that a ph1 interior?!

F4R'd ph2 Dynamique
you're right danzooo it is a ph1 interior! here in Brazil we never got the ph2 interior, and neither did we get the mk3 clio.. instead we got the Sandero as a Renault :eek: (no Dacia in Brazil)..

also, Renaultsport simply doesn't exist around here, so the fastest clio we can get is the 1.6 16v dynamique.. It's been a dream of mine for several years to have a RB 182, but that's never gonna happen unless i move out :dapprove:

now it's my turn to share some useless culture: here in Brazil, for a really weird reason, there is a number which is related to gay people.. and that number is.. 24 :S

F4R'd ph2 Dynamique
hey, got some new pics of a few updates (RS grill mainly)

I know I will get heat for the Renault Sport badge, but remember there are NO RS Clios in brazil, if this makes it any less offending ;)

feb001a.jpg

feb002a.jpg

feb003a1.jpg

feb004a.jpg

feb005a.jpg

feb006a.jpg

feb007a.jpg

feb008a.jpg

feb009a.jpg

feb010a.jpg

feb011a.jpg

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Looks like a good day out.

Nice car. Very red. Looks good although I'm undecided on those skirts.